My thoughts on Pats Defense check it out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

Re: My thoughts on Pats Defense check it out

In Response to Re: My thoughts on Pats Defense check it out:
    In Response to Re: My thoughts on Pats Defense check it out : Right, it's not like the Rams, Panthers and Eagles scored a bunch of points late in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl when Crennel was here.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

Fine, but consider the situations in those games.

In the Rams game, St. Louis was the best offense in the league, so they were going to explode eventually--and they needed help from a McGinest holding penalty to get that explosion going.

Against Carolina, both starting safeties were out with injuries in the 4th quarter, so that had something to do with it.

Against Philly, the Eagles one 4th quarter score came with 1:47 left and they were basically down to an onside kick after that.

The Giants had the weakest offense of any of the teams the Pats faced in those 4 Super Bowls last decade; allowing two very long scoring drives to Eli Manning and Co. is not what I'd call excusable.

But it doesn't matter now. I believe that with Pees gone and BB in charge of the defense, it will improve.

I thought Pees, on balance, did a pretty good job given the talent he had to work with, but it was time for him to leave, no question.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Because Crable is better than both of them when healthy. He's made of glass though and if he gets injured again he's gone for good. 

crable as a starter??? how do any of you think that is possible? the chances of him even making this team are remote. right now TBC and Ninkovitch (and maybe woods) are the top of the depth chart. things may shake out differently during training camp and pre season, and hopefully cunningham can come on quickly. but right now crable is about as far away from being a starter on this team as anyone on the roster. and he is easily last on the depth chart of the linebackers. and trust me he's not making this team anyway. move on!
    Posted by artielang

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from timsandra. Show timsandra's posts

In Response to Re: My thoughts on Pats Defense check it out : yes he is moron.... you can teach tackling, so thats ot a big deal, he has alot of upside and a fantastic playmaker, him and chung next to each other is gunna be a deadly combo
    Posted by TateGroup

Hey "Moron" Merriweather is not a ""beast" Ed Reed is a beast! Merriweather is an average, albeit solid, safety. Go back to your dumb post about drafting everyone named Tate cause you have nothing intelligent to add here! Oh yeah, the name tate is g ay! mr tate go master bate you loser! And stop whining to the mods! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

you are right, but i believe what you're saying is only part of the solution. i mention again this theme that we see here over and over - predictability. it applies to both offense and defense. ne was at its best when the opposing team had to guess where pass pressure is coming from. right now i think the ILB pair is more solid thant the olbs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

what are you basing that on? he's never played in the NFL. at least those guys have.

Because Crable is better than both of them when healthy. He's made of glass though and if he gets injured again he's gone for good.  In Response to Re: My thoughts on Pats Defense check it out :
    Posted by Macrawn

Sections
Shortcuts