My thoughts on Rd 6 pick: Jemea Thomas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

My thoughts on Rd 6 pick: Jemea Thomas

I really, really like this pick... he's undersized, but is a twitchy, instinctive, versatile kid that plays fast, fearless and physical (throws his body around) and should at the very least excel on ST (something BB loves to target on Day 3), both on coverage teams and as a KR .

They're bringing in a lot of tough, high character kids... I love it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Re: My thoughts on Rd 6 pick: Jemea Thomas

Thoughts on Zach Moore?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Patsdateam's comment:

Thoughts on Zach Moore?

Need to check out his tape, but he did have a pre-draft PW with NE and from what I've read, he has some glowing physical measurables, attributes and solid intangibles.

Need to research him further.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

In response to Patsdateam's comment:

Thoughts on Zach Moore?

Need to check out his tape, but he did have a pre-draft PW with NE and from what I've read, he has some glowing physical measurables, attributes and solid intangibles.

Need to research him further.

I've been looking myself, isn't too much out there but he looks quick with good instincts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

When it comes to DBs, BB worships at the altar of the 3-cone drill. Thomas 3c time was a good 7.03.

He'll likely be a gunner on Teams.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Not only is he an ace on special teams, he can play CB and safety. From the film I've watched on him he plays everywhere and anything. He plays in the box, he lined up man to man and held his own against players like Benjimen and Watkins, and he played FS too. What I see is a kid that wraps up every tackle. He not going to put fear into a WR but I'm confident that he makes the play. The negative is that because of his size he can easily be blocks. He's will instantly be better and more valuable than Ebner. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

I agree, I think he is one of the more intruiging players in this draft class and if he has a strong training camp he will probably set himself up to get some run in the secondary during the Browner suspension. I think he could  battle Harmon for the 3rd safety spot after Ryan gets moved there full time.

Oh and I think Thomas pushes Tavon Wilson off the roster, not Ebner.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

In response to artielang's comment:

I agree, I think he is one of the more intruiging players in this draft class and if he has a strong training camp he will probably set himself up to get some run in the secondary during the Browner suspension. I think he could  battle Harmon for the 3rd safety spot after Ryan gets moved there full time.

Oh and I think Thomas pushes Tavon Wilson off the roster, not Ebner.

That's what they call kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I watch Tech a lot here in Georgia and I can honestly say, I jumped as if they had landed Pryor.  Don't let the this kid's size fool anyone, he's a good one.  Wilson won't know what hit him after he has to compete with Jemea.  He's the real deal IMO, he plays like he's 6'2" 230lbs coming down hill with reckless abandonment when he's attacking a ball carrier but also has good cover skills.

Will be fun to see how he is used, S, Outside or inside CB he can do it all.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Honestly, I didn't know anything about him until we drafted him.  Since then, I've watched some of his film, and I have to say I'm really impressed with this guy.  I think he will see more playing time than many expect.  BB might have found a good one here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to maine12's comment:

Not only is he an ace on special teams, he can play CB and safety. From the film I've watched on him he plays everywhere and anything. He plays in the box, he lined up man to man and held his own against players like Benjimen and Watkins, and he played FS too. What I see is a kid that wraps up every tackle. He not going to put fear into a WR but I'm confident that he makes the play. The negative is that because of his size he can easily be blocks. He's will instantly be better and more valuable than Ebner. 

good post, I liked how he looked playing Safety and I think he easily replaces t.wilson and/or Ebner as a backup, rotational guy possibly. He is probably a better tackler than DMC. I keep forgetting we have Chung. Should be good competition atleast.

Sections
Shortcuts