My thoughts on the defense going forward.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

My thoughts on the defense going forward.

Hightower, clearly, isn't an every-down player.

Give the green-dot (player with the radio in their helmet... guy responsible for dissemination of the playcall) to McCourty, who is an every-down player.

Play a 3-4, as we saw today. Anchor the line with Forston/Neblett at NT, and have Kelly at one end, Chris Jones at the other, with Vellano rotating through behind Kelly and Jones. Chandler Jones will play the elephant position, Nink makes a perfect LOLB, and have Fletcher (who reminds me of Bruschi) play at ILB, with Hightower and Spikes rotating next to Fletcher, filling the "thumper" role.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: My thoughts on the defense going forward.

It seemed early on they really missed Talib today. If they can get Kelly back and Talib healthy I thnk this D can be good enough. As it stands right now they are very inconsistent.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Re: My thoughts on the defense going forward.

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hightower, clearly, isn't an every-down player.

Give the green-dot (player with the radio in their helmet... guy responsible for dissemination of the playcall) to McCourty, who is an every-down player.

Play a 3-4, as we saw today. Anchor the line with Forston/Neblett at NT, and have Kelly at one end, Chris Jones at the other, with Vellano rotating through behind Kelly and Jones. Chandler Jones will play the elephant position, Nink makes a perfect LOLB, and have Fletcher (who reminds me of Bruschi) play at ILB, with Hightower and Spikes rotating next to Fletcher, filling the "thumper" role.

[/QUOTE]

Hightower is among the slowest I have ever seen.  I think Vince was better in coverage.

Sections
Shortcuts