My Thoughts on the Game...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

My Thoughts on the Game...

Well, I don't think this game is as big of a disaster as everyone is claiming it to be, aside from the loss itself.

We lost. That's not good. We had a chance to distance ourselves from the rest of the AFC East, yet we failed to do so and are now in the same position as last week - admist a 3-way tie, but technically in second place.

Now onto the game itself... 

The offense was bad. Really bad. Brady looked off, the running game wasn't strong, and the passing game was tough pickins' as well. Clearly they're out of synch. Despite the comments of many other posters here, I don't think the issue is play-calling, but more so execution. Things look sloppy, and players need to take responsibility for their job, and their actions. That includes Brady.

The defense played well in my opinion. They were put on the field four times today due to turnovers. That's a tough thing, both mentally and physically. Given those circumstances, they performed well. Of course those last two drives were not stellar. Two bad penalties, and a lack mettle in the redzone. With that said, Eli still had to be bailed out by a once-in-a-million catch to win the game.

Ultimately, things aren't great. They're 5-3, second in the AFC East, and have a tough game on the road next week. I don't necessarily see these huge, looming issues that other fans seem to think exist. But I do see a team that needs to tighten up their play and execute better. Next week will be a strong challenge, but I feel if we can come out of the Meadowlands with a victory, we will set ourselves up for a strong run into the playoffs. Still a lot of football left to be played - let's not freak out. Recognize the issues - yes, but keep it in perspective. We're second in the AFC East - not a bad situation to be in at this point in the season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: My Thoughts on the Game...

Well, next week will be the turning point, I think.  We win, we are still in position.  We lose, its starting to slip out of reach.  I HATE that we gave the Jests life.  I hate that the defense finally brought it, and the offense left it.  HATE. HATE HATE

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to My Thoughts on the Game...:
    Well, I don't think this game is as big of a disaster as everyone is claiming it to be, aside from the loss itself. We lost. That's not good. We had a chance to distance ourselves from the rest of the AFC East, yet we failed to do so and are now in the same position as last week - admist a 3-way tie, but technically in second place. Now onto the game itself...  The offense was bad. Really bad. Brady looked off, the running game wasn't strong, and the passing game was tough pickins' as well. Clearly they're out of synch. Despite the comments of many other posters here, I don't think the issue is play-calling, but more so execution. Things look sloppy, and players need to take responsibility for their job, and their actions. That includes Brady. The defense played well in my opinion. They were put on the field four times today due to turnovers. That's a tough thing, both mentally and physically. Given those circumstances, they performed well. Of course those last two drives were not stellar. Two bad penalties, and a lack mettle in the redzone. With that said, Eli still had to be bailed out by a once-in-a-million catch to win the game. Ultimately, things aren't great. They're 5-3, second in the AFC East, and have a tough game on the road next week. I don't necessarily see these huge, looming issues that other fans seem to think exist. But I do see a team that needs to tighten up their play and execute better. Next week will be a strong challenge, but I feel if we can come out of the Meadowlands with a victory, we will set ourselves up for a strong run into the playoffs. Still a lot of football left to be played - let's not freak out. Recognize the issues - yes, but keep it in perspective. We're second in the AFC East - not a bad situation to be in at this point in the season.
    Posted by vertigho

i don't like that the pats' road game against the jets is now a must win game for a division title

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In Response to Re: My Thoughts on the Game...:
    I think it's completely disingenous for the frauds to come on here and claim this is on the D. It's so stupid. NE hadn't missed 3 points in the first half of a game at home since 1993. I mean, really. We can't move the ball and sustain drives.  Do people watch these games?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

It's all on #12.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriot54too. Show patriot54too's posts

the offense is not executing.  They look average at best.  And this is with some big names and great talent.  It isnt good enough.  And the defense, well they are what they are'; they can not hold a lead.  How many teams were after the top notch talented cb's, Patrick Adams and K. arrington? Answer....none, absolutely none.
    Way to out think yourself billy.  You screwed up!  You screwed up!  Deal with it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I was very impressed with our Defense overall with the exception of the secondary in the final minute of the game.  Spikes was laying the wood and Haynesworth was collapsing the pocket impressively. 

Offense, Brady was off today and Chad is still taking up a valuable roster spot.  Really looking forward to Price getting more reps, which would have come today had it not been for that hammy that's been bothering him. 

I think the biggest problem this year, and the one that has quite a few fans questioning everything from Brady being the starting quarterback to their own sad existances, is that we all know that unlike most years, we don't really have a shot at winning the SB this year.  With our secondary issues, we probably won't make it far in the playoffs, and there is next to zero chance of beating GB who in all liklihood is going back.  Aaron Rogers could eat this D for lunch and ask for seconds right now, and that's not going to change this year. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Just bad...Brady was off, the D is the D...good enough sometimes, infuriating other times.  I questioned some play calls, but liked seeing Brady under center more instead of the blind-leap to the spread every series.  I would have liked to see Hernandez more involved.

I think we are all frustrated realizing this team is not going back to the Superbowl, and it may be the end of an era.  Yeah, they could make the playoffs and win a game, but we're spoiled...so big deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Merloni has a good point.....

Lou Merloni 
    Tough to get on Tracy White and Sergio Brown. After all, they are just being themselves.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

In Response to Re: My Thoughts on the Game...:
    I was very impressed with our Defense overall with the exception of the secondary in the final minute of the game.  Spikes was laying the wood and Haynesworth was collapsing the pocket impressively.  Offense, Brady was off today and Chad is still taking up a valuable roster spot.  Really looking forward to Price getting more reps, which would have come today had it not been for that hammy that's been bothering him.  I think the biggest problem this year, and the one that has quite a few fans questioning everything from Brady being the starting quarterback to their own sad existances, is that we all know that unlike most years, we don't really have a shot at winning the SB this year.  With our secondary issues, we probably won't make it far in the playoffs, and there is next to zero chance of beating GB who in all liklihood is going back.  Aaron Rogers could eat this D for lunch and ask for seconds right now, and that's not going to change this year. 
    Posted by agill1970

Speaking of Haynesworth....where was he in the second half? I don't remember seeing him at all in the second half and the few plays he played in the first half, he was driving his defenders in the backfield almost every time. Why isn't this guy in the game more?

I love BB and trust in his football expertise.....but you have to wonder how the constant rotation makes for an inconsistent D-Line. I understand substitution, but I think the DL are being substituted too much. Vinny made a comment last week about guys playing with each other consistently and learning how your teammates are going to attack the OL. You got wonder if that comment was an inside shot to a lack of a consistent front 4.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

Can't blame the D fo this loss.  Regardless of that, they still were not very good.  They gave up 24 points to a teams that scores... 24 points a game.  At least they didn't get killed in the air today.   It seemed like they were playing ok, aside from a poor pass rush, but when it really mattered, is what like every other week.  Of course, we all know we need 25 ppg min, and with the talent on that offense, there is no reason why we can't do that. 
    This loss goes to the Offense.  First by blowing, second for scoring to fast, twice.

Sections
Shortcuts