My Thoughts on this crazy Comeback

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

My Thoughts on this crazy Comeback

WOW. what a game. i dont know how many times i've uttered those words today.

the first half was a joke boys. we did not come to play on offense. RBs couldn't hold the ball and the o-line didnt show either. the defense actually saved us by stopping Peyton from putting up 31 in the first half!

At halftime i had my little flip out, threw a couple things. threw off my jersey. then walked away, did a lap around the house. regrouped and said ok, we get the ball. all we need are quick scores and stops thats all.

and BANG we come out and play ball. TB w the wind in his face runs down the field on Denver throwing it all over. loving it. next thing you know we force turnovers, get stops and TB continues to lead us downfield and score. then only as peyton could, we are down 24-21 he can silence us with a TD drive and FIRST PLAY throws a pick (great play by Ryan though).

Thoughts:

so skipping ahead here, i was GLAD that hightower was taken out in the second half, he seems to have no instincts, no speed and cannot diagnos plays. Fletcher did a great job making plays in his oppurtunities.

i thought the D-line, Jones and Vellano especially, played bad. they had no push all night. it seemed that they lost the battle at the line everytime. the sad thing too was denver ran the SAME run play to Moreno EVERY time. the HB Mid Draw is what they ran atleast 30 times to Moreno and the D-line couldnt get pressure and the LBs missed every hole it seemed.

i thought spikes played very solid. he obviously was not 100% but since hightower didnt show up he had to go out there and make plays in run.

Collins played great for the time he was in. 22 snaps- 10 tackles, thats telling. He was good. no negative plays on his part.

The Rooks Ryan and Harmon also had great games i thought. And of course Aqib Talib was the Island again. he SHUT down Thomas expect for 2 catches. just great. Need Talib to stay healthy over eveything. i wouldnt mind benching him some gsme to keep the hip calm.

In the end: Tom Brady was terrific. He turned into a gamer. Gronk and Edelman played great as well, making tight catches. Vereen was good as well he just needs to lose that cast and he'd be great! Tom put up 21 points in the wind. thats telling. this guy just shows up when he is needed in the big game. you knew he wasnt gonna let Peyton walk into his house and stroll to a W and not in that weather game. thats a TB weather game. He is just the best man.

But, another HUGE thing. Bill Belichick possibly coached his best game all year. He told PEyton to run the ball as Talib said 'we ran the 2 deep shell and made em run'. Yes the run D was horrendous but they played the ultimate bend dont break defense. BB may just be into Manning's head yet again. Manning was scared to throw. 48 RUNS! on a Peyton offense. great gameplan on D by BB. yes, they gave up yards but they got off the field on 3rd down! and of course the OT coin flip.... i flipped i thought that was a bad call at first but in the end it may have been the smartest move. it made peyton work with a longer field each time he had it. BB made a ballzee move and it paid off. he trust this defense because Talib and Ryan are monsters and they can get a rush at times. BB owned Peyton last night thats for sure hats off to you BB.

So, we needed a perfect second half and got it. It helps that our HOF QB/HC tandem was on their game in the second half. it also helped we FINALLY got a ball bounce our way in the end. this was the best regualrr season game i have ever witnessed and its even sweeter that it was agaisnt MAnning and the choke artist Welker. WHAT A GAME BOYS.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: My Thoughts on this crazy Comeback

joepats...  good stuff...  I'll keep my comments to something less than a tome..  (-;

#1 - I would not classify the Pats did not come ready to play.  Those three TOs just happened as they did.  Helmet to the ball on Ridley, strip sack which can happen as the ball was struck as TB reared back to throw ( a vulnerable position for a QB when a defender is close ), Blount, there was a helmet to helmet hit on him as the ball simply dropped out of his hands. Was he momentarily knocked out?

#2 - Pats were just trying to hold on after falling behind 17 - 0, then 24 - 0 .  It could have been worse as the Broncos did punt 3 times in the first half.  The D was stopping them.

#3 - Just a matter of time for the O to find its legs.  Once the mistakes were behind them, they showed they could move the ball against the Broncos.

Rest is history and the Pats are 8 - 3.  Woo-hoo!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

also, Kenbrell Thompkins was HUGE on the quick slants in the second half and he DREW the non call that should've been PI he got MUGGEDDDD

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

joepats...  good stuff...  I'll keep my comments to something less than a tome..  (-;

#1 - I would not classify the Pats did not come ready to play.  Those three TOs just happened as they did.  Helmet to the ball on Ridley, strip sack which can happen as the ball was struck as TB reared back to throw ( a vulnerable position for a QB when a defender is close ), Blount, there was a helmet to helmet hit on him as the ball simply dropped out of his hands. Was he momentarily knocked out?

#2 - Pats were just trying to hold on after falling behind 17 - 0, then 24 - 0 .  It could have been worse as the Broncos did punt 3 times in the first half.  The D was stopping them.

#3 - Just a matter of time for the O to find its legs.  Once the mistakes were behind them, they showed they could move the ball against the Broncos.

[/QUOTE]

i agree with all that but they also didnt score late in the second... they needed to score and couldnt it was rough

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

and as for Ridley, we need him. or we will. yes, another costly fumble but that also was a missed pulling block by the guard and Woodyard made a great play getting helmet on ball. no excuse but atleast it was a puszy fumble like the others

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i agree with all that but they also didnt score late in the second... they needed to score and couldnt it was rough

[/QUOTE]

They eventually did, with ease, I might add!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They eventually did, with ease, I might add!!

[/QUOTE]

yup, the O-line finally gave TB time, we spread out the Denver secondary and tore em up. that play that Rodgers-Cromartie tried to pick at the end of the half turned out to be huge!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I had no doubts they would turn it around. Pouting really got expsoed. The knucklehead looks great against the cupcakes, but BB found a way to diminish him again.

Why did they runs so much? Cus horsehead is nursing wto bad ankles-he's probably more gimped up than they are letting on.

That third quarter comeback was one for the ages.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

^^^^

They didn't do a great job shutting down the run. Did you watch the game?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't get your statement of the D being "horrendous"? How is that?  They allowed 24 points and were on the field relentlessly in the 1st qtr.

They also held Gomer down all game and created their usual 2 turnovers.

[/QUOTE]

run D. i understnad the strategy of letting them run but 7ypc is not good at all. is was just upsetting to see hightower miss hole after hole and then not show effort to make a play. also didnt think Jones/Vellano got any push all night.

horrendous maybe was an overstatement. i was just watching highlights of Moreno getting atleast 6 yards on the same damn run everytime! i meant run D was subpar. it can improve.

I talked about the D being great as well. they did their job, got timely TOs and got off the field on 3rd down. they did teir job. Pass D= A+ Run D= C-

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

^^^^

[/QUOTE]

UGH

Please see other threads so you can get educated.  My god.

Some of our fans are embarrassing.  

[/QUOTE]

You are right Dead they did a great job!  Moreno had his worst game of the year!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81patsfan. Show 81patsfan's posts

[QUOTE]

^^^^

[/QUOTE]

That was more so by design not saying they wanted to give up that many yards but they didnt want peyton to torch them thru the air, which he really didnt

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

run D. i understnad the strategy of letting them run but 7ypc is not good at all. is was just upsetting to see hightower miss hole after hole and then not show effort to make a play. also didnt think Jones/Vellano got any push all night.

horrendous maybe was an overstatement. i was just watching highlights of Moreno getting atleast 6 yards on the same damn run everytime! i meant run D was subpar. it can improve.

I talked about the D being great as well. they did their job, got timely TOs and got off the field on 3rd down. they did teir job. Pass D= A+ Run D= C-

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I understand some of the run D plays could have been better, but in all honesty, if they are not getting into FG range or scoring TDs off of those runs, I don't really care.

It's about the most meaningless 200+ yard game I've ever seen.

The only impressive drive Denver had was the one where they tied it at 31 and that came off a BOGUS PI call on Nink, too.

[/QUOTE]

i totally agree with you. just when watching games something that irks me most is getting run on. it just bothers me. 7ypc pissed me off. i overreacted with the horrendous statement but it was certianly subpar. like i said in my thoguhts i complement BB and D for containing Denver's offense. always seemed to rev it up around mid field

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to 81patsfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

^^^^

[/QUOTE]

That was more so by design not saying they wanted to give up that many yards but they didnt want peyton to torch them thru the air, which he really didnt

[/QUOTE]

Pouting wasn't throwing, most of his throws were off probably to weather and the fact his ankles aren't 100 percent. The dude is gimped up more than they're letting on.

How is it TB was able to throw into the wind in the 3rd quarter?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 81patsfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

^^^^

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pouting wasn't throwing, most of his throws were off probably to weather and the fact his ankles aren't 100 percent. The dude is gimped up more than they're letting on.

How is it TB was able to throw into the wind in the 3rd quarter?

[/QUOTE]

how is it? cause peyton has no more arm strength or and also to throw into the wind you need a tight spiral! which Duckboy doesnt have!