My Thoughts on Today's Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

My Thoughts on Today's Game

Pats-Bucs

• Need to get the running game going. the pass offense needs all the help it can get right now and being able to pound the ball down a teams throat is the key to opening up the rest of the offense.
    • The O-line needs to be the dominant force for the getgo. Need to keep Brady upright and need to be a force in the running game.
    • A big key to stopping Tampa's weapons is to shut down the run. The front seven didn't look very impressive against the run last week vs a bad jets team. Doug Martin is one of the best backs in the league. Big day for Mayo, Wilfork, Kelly, Hightower to shut down that middle.
    • If they can shut down the run, making Freeman throw more balls will be to our advantage. He's the most inconsistent QB in the league and making him throw most will be great. Getting pressure on him will help his inconsistentcy more.
    • I see Gronk playing limited snaps (15-20) to get some game situation in and prepare him for next week against ATL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Re: My Thoughts on Today's Game

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Pats-Bucs

• Need to get the running game going. the pass offense needs all the help it can get right now and being able to pound the ball down a teams throat is the key to opening up the rest of the offense.
    • The O-line needs to be the dominant force for the getgo. Need to keep Brady upright and need to be a force in the running game.
    • A big key to stopping Tampa's weapons is to shut down the run. The front seven didn't look very impressive against the run last week vs a bad jets team. Doug Martin is one of the best backs in the league. Big day for Mayo, Wilfork, Kelly, Hightower to shut down that middle.
    • If they can shut down the run, making Freeman throw more balls will be to our advantage. He's the most inconsistent QB in the league and making him throw most will be great. Getting pressure on him will help his inconsistentcy more.
    • I see Gronk playing limited snaps (15-20) to get some game situation in and prepare him for next week against ATL.

Hey, this is refreshing...someone wants to talk about the game.  Regarding your concern about the team's run defense last week, I think it's fair to say that it wasn't BB's focus and that was why the Jets had the success they did.  If you look at the week before, they actually did a very nice job against a very good Buffalo running back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Pats-Bucs

I think the Pats O-Line is over rated and can't run block. It doen't help when the other team knows you can't pass effectfully and sustain drives.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to dwhite1220's comment:

[QUOTE]

Pats-Bucs

I think the Pats O-Line is over rated and can't run block. It doen't help when the other team knows you can't pass effectfully and sustain drives.

[/QUOTE]

Based on the last two weeks I think shutting down Edleman and the run and forcing Brady to connect with the rooks is the obvious strategy for TB.

The TE situation is the wildcard for the Pats. Whether Suds and Gronk can be fully utilized is huge. If not, lets hope something clicked for Thomkins and Dobson this week.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I heard on the radio that 80% (or so) of all passing yards for Tampa have gone to Jackson.  Get ready Talib.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotrain. Show patriotrain's posts

hopefully we dont get embarrassed in front of the home crowd, i look for TB to have a good game for the 1st time this year, at least thats what i'm hoping.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

In response to patriotrain's comment:

hopefully we dont get embarrassed in front of the home crowd, i look for TB to have a good game for the 1st time this year, at least thats what i'm hoping.

TB being Tom Brady rather than Tampa Bay (LOL)

Sections
Shortcuts