My thoughts on Tonight's Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

My thoughts on Tonight's Game

• We're gonna need to run the ball with success- many different mixes of runs though (zone plays, dives, bellies, pitches and even draws from the gun) the jets know what's coming so mixing it up should help be successful

• Play action needs to be a huge part of this game to help young WRs find open spaces easier. With that tho the o-line needs to block very well tonight and keep Brady as upright as possible. I'm assuming the jets will bring a barrage of blitzes and we need to pick those up.

• I see Boyce playing a prominent role tonight. He has the versatility to play on the outside and in the slot. He is a great route runner w speed so we should hopefully see him run a varied amount of routes. 

• Talked about this on other posts, but I would like to see BB mix up the different pass rushing options and find which set of rushers works best. I'd like to see edge blitzes from Hightower (& hopefully Collins) and maybe nickel blitzes from Arrington too. 

• My biggest thought for the game is the spread is too high, this game wil be close. no stupid/unlucky turnovers and play same D as last week and we should ok

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Re: My thoughts on Tonight's Game

Good points. I agree this is Boyce's time to shine.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The spread is for the bettors.  As long as another W goes up, Pats nation should be happy.

This season may shape up to be like those in which we chewed up our fingernails from the early 2000's SB years.  Back then, week to week, the Pats grind it out and a blow-out win was a luxury!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

The spread is for the bettors.  As long as another W goes up, Pats nation should be happy.

This season may shape up to be like those in which we chewed up our fingernails from the early 2000's SB years.  Week to week, they Pats grind it out and a blow-out win was a luxury!

i  dont have a problem with that either, im just saying even many experts (ESPN, SI etc.) are mainly calling blowouts in our favor, im skeptical of that

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This season may shape up to be like those in which we chewed up our fingernails from the early 2000's SB years.  Week to week, they Pats grind it out and a blow-out win was a luxury!

i  dont have a problem with that either, im just saying even many experts (ESPN, SI etc.) are mainly calling blowouts in our favor, im skeptical of that

[/QUOTE]

Creatures of habit, more than likely.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Agree with agcsbill...don't pay much attention to the spread and talk about upsets...pure nonsense.

your points are valid and make a lot of sense. I too think Boyce could be key this game.,I predicted on another thread that they will take kt away with cro, leaving Edelman and Boyce to do their thing. Rex is going to blitz and do so often. Exploit it with rushing like you suggest and play action When we have established the run. Get the run established early, and i would like to see boyce run it as well. Get boyce on the edge and he is dangerous.

on defense, Geno didn't do well against pressure. 3 of 20, 5 sacks. get to him often like you suggest. Time to get creative a bit. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Before the Pats win and I get tons of haha "whinner" threads here's what I'm thinking:

O - This is going to be a rough one Ridley might fumble once but the real issue is going to be the lack of depth at WR and TE. I think we are going to see Brady frustrated and receivers not where they are suppose to be but in the end they will put up some points.

STs - Allen will have another short punt as he tries to direct it to a sideline but overall I think we are going to see a solid ST performance. Blount though will not impress anyone on kickoffs and hopefully he's not returning them tonight

D - D is going to have to win the game but I think we are going to see more vanilla D tonight with not many rushes upfield. However, the Jets are so weak O wise our D is going to look great, esp against the Jets lack of running game. I'd watch Winslow at TE though as I'm not sure we have someone who can cover him. That's where I can see a Jets TD coming from. I'd like to see more of Gregory and Collins covering Winslow but Arrington will make a good play and our secondary will look overall really good against such a bad O. I want to strongly suggest not to go overboard on the praise considering the state of the Jets O

Overall the Pats win a low scoring game against a lack luster opponent but it's good because the rooks really could use the work and hopefully this game lets things come together a little

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Before the Pats win and I get tons of haha "whinner" threads here's what I'm thinking:

O - This is going to be a rough one Ridley might fumble once but the real issue is going to be the lack of depth at WR and TE. I think we are going to see Brady frustrated and receivers not where they are suppose to be but in the end they will put up some points.

STs - Allen will have another short punt as he tries to direct it to a sideline but overall I think we are going to see a solid ST performance. Blount though will not impress anyone on kickoffs and hopefully he's not returning them tonight

D - D is going to have to win the game but I think we are going to see more vanilla D tonight with not many rushes upfield. However, the Jets are so weak O wise our D is going to look great, esp against the Jets lack of running game. I'd watch Winslow at TE though as I'm not sure we have someone who can cover him. That's where I can see a Jets TD coming from. I'd like to see more of Gregory and Collins covering Winslow but Arrington will make a good play and our secondary will look overall really good against such a bad D. I want to strongly suggest not to go overboard on the praise considering the state of the Jets O

Overall the Pats win a low scoring game against a lack luster opponent but it's good because th ros really could use the work and hopefully this game lets things come together a little

Great breakdown. I agree across the board. I don't think we will see many blitzes or exotic defensive alignments either, mostly vanilla schemes like you said. This probably won't be NEs prettiest offensive performance.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

D - D is going to have to win the game but I think we are going to see more vanilla D tonight with not many rushes upfield. However, the Jets are so weak O wise our D is going to look great, esp against the Jets lack of running game. I'd watch Winslow at TE though as I'm not sure we have someone who can cover him. That's where I can see a Jets TD coming from. I'd like to see more of Gregory and Collins covering Winslow but Arrington will make a good play and our secondary will look overall really good against such a bad O. I want to strongly suggest not to go overboard on the praise considering the state of the Jets O

Overall the Pats win a low scoring game against a lack luster opponent but it's good because th ros really could use the work and hopefully this game lets things come together a little

good breakdown