***My Thoughts on Wes Welker's Future in NE***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

***My Thoughts on Wes Welker's Future in NE***

With all the talk around WW's future with the team, my prediction is... they let him walk after this season and make a play for Rams WR Danny Amendola, who is playing this season under a (1) year/$1.972M contract and will be a free agent in 2013.

He has a similar size and skill set to WW (heck they both played their college ball for Texas Tech), some familiarity with McD's offense and is only 26 (5 years younger what Wes).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: ***My Thoughts on Wes Welker's Future in NE***

I hope they do that ..........but the $$ will be the issue

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I thought they'd try to get Amendola this past off-season. He's the Welker clone not Edelman. Amendola would be a huge pick up but I think they would honestly be happy moving Hern to a full time slot WR having Lloyd as the main WR and running 2-3 TE sets with Ballard, Fells, and Gronk honestly.

I do think they will make a play for Amendola but don't expect them to give out more then what Lloyd got and imo Amendola will end up getting more then that. Their best shot at him though is to move the first day of FA before Welker signs with another team. Welker is the prize and Amendola is the backup plan for most teams. The moment Welkers gone is the time Amendola will get into a bidding war. Given how slow the Pats move in FA I'm not sure I see that happening

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

With all the talk around WW's future with the team, my prediction is... they let him walk after this season and make a play for Rams WR Danny Amendola, who is playing this season under a (1) year/$1.972M contract and will be a free agent in 2013.

He has a similar size and skill set to WW (heck they both played their college ball for Texas Tech), some familiarity with McD's offense and is only 26 (5 years younger what Wes).

mb, dont you think the rams will make an offer to compete for him. hes doing wonders for them. it might come down to who has the bigger $ to spend for him (id say rams) or if he values competting for a sb ring sooner over staying with rams. also, weve got salas and maybe even hern who may compete for that startign slot spot if welker walks

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I thought they'd try to get Amendola this past off-season. He's the Welker clone not Edelman. Amendola would be a huge pick up but I think they would honestly be happy moving Hern to a full time slot WR having Lloyd as the main WR and running 2-3 TE sets with Ballard, Fells, and Gronk honestly.

I do think they will make a play for Amendola but don't expect them to give out more then what Lloyd got and imo Amendola will end up getting more then that. Their best shot at him though is to move the first day of FA before Welker signs with another team. Welker is the prize and Amendola is the backup plan for most teams. The moment Welkers gone is the time Amendola will get into a bidding war. Given how slow the Pats move in FA I'm not sure I see that happening

"The moment Welkers gone is the time Amendola will get into a bidding war. "

true that

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I have stated this on here since last season.  I certainly see it happening and was part of the reason the Pats didn't sign Wes to a multi year contract.

Amendola needs to learn to hang on to the ball tho.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

i think the foremost fa signing we need to make is for the top cb available.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Personally I am happy with Welker who has been their best reciever this year but since everyone here is convinced he's gone I would much rather see Hernandez in the "Welker" role and bring in a big and tall reciever (Lloyd has been excellant but I was hoping for Vincent Jackson or that type of reciever).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

Personally I am happy with Welker who has been their best reciever this year but since everyone here is convinced he's gone I would much rather see Hernandez in the "Welker" role and bring in a big and tall reciever (Lloyd has been excellant but I was hoping for Vincent Jackson or that type of reciever).

i dont mind keeping welker but not at 11 mil

i was all over that prior to the draft where there were much more than the usual # of receivers, and big receivers available this year. (so id love that too). id be fine with hern in the slot. also id be cool with a shifty lighter guy in there. 

however higher priortites for me first, a starting cb in fa, then draft / aquire 1 guard and 1 tackel/guard (both starterss), a starting dt and a bookend to chandler jones. (may need to move a pick from next year to this as we are light thisd year).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I was wondering if we were going to go after Jordan Shipley before he hurt his knee last year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I am seeing some age on Wes. I was disappointed on his long pass play against the Ravens ( he was uncovered) couldn't take it to the end zone. He has his quickness, but he lost a step that he couldn't afford to lose. Also by my count 4 drops so far this season. 

Gary Horton reports Wes has not been double covered yet this season

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I am seeing some age on Wes. I was disappointed on his long pass play against the Ravens ( he was uncovered) couldn't take it to the end zone. He has his quickness, but he lost a step that he couldn't afford to lose. Also by my count 4 drops so far this season. 

Gary Horton reports Wes has not been double covered yet this season

sober details.

thanks

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Welker could never out run anyone for a TD. He was and still is quick. Which is all he needs to be, a chain mover.  I hope he finds his hands again and stop the drops. Never was a deep threat. If he was then we wouldnt need Lloyd, whom I feel needs to stop his drops as well.Keep Wes or lose him I like the guy and feel he'll contribute big this year for us.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I like Wes also and feel he can contribute big time to this team. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

If your hypothesis is correct MB , then the odds of him jumping ship likely hinge on how the Rams do this year . He's less likely to be lured away from St. Louis if they're competitive ( if the compensation being offered is similar )

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

Welkers gone after this season unless he takes a 3 year deal around 6-7 million a year with all guaranteed along with an injury clause negating the guaranteed part. No way BB gives Wes 4-5 years at 7-9 million!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Agree 100% MB. And while we are at it, lets bring in (for once), a truely athletic, vertical WR threat. I like lloyd and think he is having a good year so far, but he's not anyone I would put in the athletic category. Maybe their most athletic WR currently is Edelman...that's kind of sad when you think about it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I finally got a Patriots FA prediction correct, and almost (6) months in advance... Hooray!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/13/patriots-danny-amendola-agree-to-five-year-31-million-deal/

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Great call MB!

I just hope they are right. I really like Amendola, have since 2010...I just hope he can stay on the field.

Also, get someone for the outside!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Cool!

Actually, I got over it just a minute ago. What's next.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I finally got a Patriots FA prediction correct, and almost (6) months in advance... Hooray!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/13/patriots-danny-amendola-agree-to-five-year-31-million-deal/

good job, i think we paid a mil to 1.5 per year too much.who were we biddign against to give him 6 mil per. if it works out, fine. just sayin.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

The only way it could have been better is if you guessed which team wes would leave to go to. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

The only way it could have been better is if you guessed which team wes would leave to go to. 

I posted he would go to Denver a week ago and this Board would be on fire. Not right often but I nailed this one. 

Good posts from you on the topic. Level headed, I wish others were as well. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

That was a perfect Prediction. How do you think D.A is go'na do as a Patriot

Sections
Shortcuts