***My Thoughts on Wes Welker's Future in NE***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: ***My Thoughts on Wes Welker's Future in NE***

In response to bredbru's comment:

good job, i think we paid a mil to 1.5 per year too much.who were we biddign against to give him 6 mil per. if it works out, fine. just sayin.

Looking at what Den gave Welker and what MIA gave Hartline...this deal seems perfectly in line with what similar players are getting this off-season. 6 mil per. You get either an extremely productive, though older guy(Welker). A very productive, though often injured guy (Amendola). Or a productive guy who knows your system well (Hartline).

MIA probably got the worst deal of the bunch.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Re: ***My Thoughts on Wes Welker's Future in NE***

Good guess! I am worried about durability, but age, speed, and hands were in his favor. Also, on a five year deal I am guessing the first few years are a cap savings vs. Welker's 2/12 deal with Denver. Got to believe drops were a concern with Welker. He was top of the league in straight numbers and top ten I think in percentage of catchable balls.

So where is the extra cap money going to be spent? I am guessing on two CBs, a DL, maybe a safety, and OL and on 2 more WR. I am guessing DA's deal has a cap hit this year around 3M.