My time at Tedy and Gils HOF induction....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

My time at Tedy and Gils HOF induction....

Spending some time back home in MA this summer and happy about it. Especially that I was able to attend one of my all time favorite players HOF induction ceremony. I had not been to Gillette since 09 and wanted to say WOW to what Kraft and BB have built in N.E.

It was a great pleasure to watch Bruschi as he was genuinely happy to be there with his family and his old teammates. Law, Light, Andruzzi, Chattam, Tippet, Gino, and Nelson were there to celebrate among others.

Law stole the show as he told a story about how Tedy would change the defense for him when he was too gassed to stay in man to man. He said he would never come back to the huddle unless he needed to tell Tedy he was winded. (I asked coach if we could switch to cover 2 as I couldn't breathe out there and BB would respond with DO YOUR F_ING JOB LAW. Then Tedy would look at me in the huddle, wink and say I got you, then change the play. When we got back to the side line coach would scream, who changed that play? Tedy did. Oh, good job Tedy. It was like he could do no wrong.) Then Law said, you see Tedy was the smartest of us. I was just a "cat guy" as in I don't know the defense but I got this cat or I got that cat. Funny stuff.

Anyway watching Bruschi and hearing what his teammates and BB had to say about him made me think that the key to our championship teams imo was more about the character of the men in the locker room. The desire they had to win, and put the team first. I don't mean to down play Bruschi's talent level because he was absolutely a talent(still holds the all time division 1 college sack record with 52) but he wasn't the strongest or the fastest mlb. His leadership, and work ethic is what separated him from others. He was a true Patriot and it was nice to see everyone appreciate what that meant. Especially Belichick as he came up from practice to give Bru the highest compliments. (there are some great players but Tedy was a GREAT player).

At the end of the ceremony Kraft surprised us by inviting all fans to watch the full padded practice held on the Gillette field(not dana farber as usual). It was originally a season tix holder only practice. This was awesome and I wanted to share my observations from row 7 on the 20 yard line.

1. Brady looks great(big surprise lol) and his arm strength is as good as ever. Zips the ball and is accurate. ( Although Mallet wasn't far behind him and in my opinion Tebow threw some nice balls too)

2. Talib was the best player on the field behind Brady. At least in this practice. He picked Brady off on a 40 yard rope right in the receivers hands(amazing throw that Brady makes look like a game of catch) Talib was pasted to Thompkins(I think) and beat him to the ball for a clean pick. he then broke up the next 4 very similar throws to Dobson, Amendola, and Jenkins. It was really something to see.

3. Ridley and Vareen look great but leon Washington might steal some reps on the offense. He still has elite speed and returned a kick for a td. He was getting reps at least in practice as a RB. Blount btw is a big dude and looked like he still has some burst too.

4. Dobson! I think this kid is a day 1 starter and will have a good 1st year which is tough to do for rookies in our system. He just looked so much better then Jenkins,and everybody really) to the eye test I mean, and I'm sure Jenkins vet experience will be important but this kid looks the part.

5. Tommy Kelly looked lean. I thought he was more of a large gap stuffer but he looked fit and mean.

6. The LB core just looks awesome. Fast, big men who can tackle. Coverage could still be an issue as Mayo was the victim of a Brady td pass to Hoomy (another 35 yard rope) but hopefully Mayo won't be alone on a TE 35 yards down field...I didn't see much of Collins as I just forgot to look. Spikes looked good as well.

7. Dennard was all over guys and Adrian Wilson to me looked like he could still cover. I mean he definitely isn't at the late in the career John Lynch stage where all he can do is play in the box. He looked quick for an intimidating 6'3 hard hitting safety.

8. Barring injury I don't see how Danny Amendola catches less then 90 balls this year. He looked like a taller faster version of WW. Again this is just a fans eye test but he looked great man. So quick in and out of breaks and straight line speed as well.

9. The O-line with Cannon getting 1st team reps looks just plain scary. 6'8 Sea Bass and Solder(bigger) with Cannon and Mankins(bigger in person) look as dominate as an  o-line can look in a practice I suppose.

10. standout players were Talib, Boyce(fast and strong) Danny A, Dennard, Wilson, Spikes and the O-line. I also wanted to add that Gronk was standing on the field spinning a football in the air and talking with the TE's throughout practice. No cast, and looked completely fine to me from a 100 feet away. For whatever that's worth.

Anyway it was great day for Patriot fans and was a refresher from a less then stellar off season. Tedy Bruschi and Gil Santos were class acts and great additions to the Pats HOF. I am pumped up for this season! Go Pats....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: My time at Tedy and Gils HOF induction....

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome post True Champ!  Must have been an amazing experience.  I think I'm going to go back and read Bruschi's Never Give Up book again, it's been a while.

Your post has me even more excited about the D.  I'm excited for this season, excited to see the final product of this defense on opening day.

Thanks for sharing!

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Spending some time back home in MA this summer and happy about it. Especially that I was able to attend one of my all time favorite players HOF induction ceremony. I had not been to Gillette since 09 and wanted to say WOW to what Kraft and BB have built in N.E.

It was a great pleasure to watch Bruschi as he was genuinely happy to be there with his family and his old teammates. Law, Light, Andruzzi, Chattam, Tippet, Gino, and Nelson were there to celebrate among others.

Law stole the show as he told a story about how Tedy would change the defense for him when he was too gassed to stay in man to man. He said he would never come back to the huddle unless he needed to tell Tedy he was winded. (I asked coach if we could switch to cover 2 as I couldn't breathe out there and BB would respond with DO YOUR F_ING JOB LAW. Then Tedy would look at me in the huddle, wink and say I got you, then change the play. When we got back to the side line coach would scream, who changed that play? Tedy did. Oh, good job Tedy. It was like he could do no wrong.) Then Law said, you see Tedy was the smartest of us. I was just a "cat guy" as in I don't know the defense but I got this cat or I got that cat. Funny stuff.

Anyway watching Bruschi and hearing what his teammates and BB had to say about him made me think that the key to our championship teams imo was more about the character of the men in the locker room. The desire they had to win, and put the team first. I don't mean to down play Bruschi's talent level because he was absolutely a talent(still holds the all time division 1 college sack record with 52) but he wasn't the strongest or the fastest mlb. His leadership, and work ethic is what separated him from others. He was a true Patriot and it was nice to see everyone appreciate what that meant. Especially Belichick as he came up from practice to give Bru the highest compliments. (there are some great players but Tedy was a GREAT player).

At the end of the ceremony Kraft surprised us by inviting all fans to watch the full padded practice held on the Gillette field(not dana farber as usual). It was originally a season tix holder only practice. This was awesome and I wanted to share my observations from row 7 on the 20 yard line.

1. Brady looks great(big surprise lol) and his arm strength is as good as ever. Zips the ball and is accurate. ( Although Mallet wasn't far behind him and in my opinion Tebow threw some nice balls too)

2. Talib was the best player on the field behind Brady. At least in this practice. He picked Brady off on a 40 yard rope right in the receivers hands(amazing throw that Brady makes look like a game of catch) Talib was pasted to Thompkins(I think) and beat him to the ball for a clean pick. he then broke up the next 4 very similar throws to Dobson, Amendola, and Jenkins. It was really something to see.

3. Ridley and Vareen look great but leon Washington might steal some reps on the offense. He still has elite speed and returned a kick for a td. He was getting reps at least in practice as a RB. Blount btw is a big dude and looked like he still has some burst too.

4. Dobson! I think this kid is a day 1 starter and will have a good 1st year which is tough to do for rookies in our system. He just looked so much better then Jenkins,and everybody really) to the eye test I mean, and I'm sure Jenkins vet experience will be important but this kid looks the part.

5. Tommy Kelly looked lean. I thought he was more of a large gap stuffer but he looked fit and mean.

6. The LB core just looks awesome. Fast, big men who can tackle. Coverage could still be an issue as Mayo was the victim of a Brady td pass to Hoomy (another 35 yard rope) but hopefully Mayo won't be alone on a TE 35 yards down field...I didn't see much of Collins as I just forgot to look. Spikes looked good as well.

7. Dennard was all over guys and Adrian Wilson to me looked like he could still cover. I mean he definitely isn't at the late in the career John Lynch stage where all he can do is play in the box. He looked quick for an intimidating 6'3 hard hitting safety.

8. Barring injury I don't see how Danny Amendola catches less then 90 balls this year. He looked like a taller faster version of WW. Again this is just a fans eye test but he looked great man. So quick in and out of breaks and straight line speed as well.

9. The O-line with Cannon getting 1st team reps looks just plain scary. 6'8 Sea Bass and Solder(bigger) with Cannon and Mankins(bigger in person) look as dominate as an  o-line can look in a practice I suppose.

10. standout players were Talib, Boyce(fast and strong) Danny A, Dennard, Wilson, Spikes and the O-line. I also wanted to add that Gronk was standing on the field spinning a football in the air and talking with the TE's throughout practice. No cast, and looked completely fine to me from a 100 feet away. For whatever that's worth.

Anyway it was great day for Patriot fans and was a refresher from a less then stellar off season. Tedy Bruschi and Gil Santos were class acts and great additions to the Pats HOF. I am pumped up for this season! Go Pats....

I enjoyed the cerimony as well. Tedy to me, enbodied a lot of what is missing today with these teams. Thats the ability to make plays in the clutch. Give the game what it needs. He was selfless and a leader who always said what the team needed to move forward from adversity or give a speach during game to fire guys up. Ty law was funny as usual. BB was candid. The whole day to me seemed to be a theme about Character guys like Tedy and the Pats moving forward with the idea that everyone here better be on board and its all business. I also like the fact that he made a POINT to mention in his timeline his tenure under Petey Carrol and how he learned so much and still got better even tho the team lost more games each year. He credited Petey with turning him into a linebacker when he only played DE for Parcells. There goes Rusty argument,...lol. The guy will never credit any coach outside of BB, but I heard Bruschi give some praise and credit Pete for his development. Practice was fun to watch and a Huge Turnout! They opened up the whole stadium. I agree with all the asessments you made as well. Very hopeful for defense and not as panicky as I was with the offense. We will be just fine. Vareen will have to play some WR, Danny is a beast,. Thompkins is gonna surprise and Dobson looks the part. Brady is working with them and thats good

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Great observations I would concur with everything you said but i have to nit pick.

I would only disagree about #2... Talib was the best player on the field last night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Man, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. That story told by Law is terrific. Sounds like it was a great time. Also, great analysis of the practice. Thanks for providing that as well. Living on the west coast and being in the middle if my busiest time of the year (wheat and potato harvest) makes training camp impossible for me to attend, so I really love when people like you who can actually go share your thoughts. Awesome post, and I'm getting real excited about a lot of our players this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Thanks for the live update, Champ!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Nominated for post of the year! Thanks for the first hand observations TrueChamp, (you too TripleOG) thats what I enjoy reading. Stay well

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Great stuff True

I always prefer fan reports over media reports everyday

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Well done TC. I'm a bit surprised Tedy went into broadcasting instead of coaching. Maybe it's because of family.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

As I have said, Talib is the most talented CB this team has had since Law.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Really good stuff. Thx for posting.  Tedy is a rare breed. Right at the top of Patriots top players.  Yep,I'm ready for some football!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Great thread TrueChamp! Maybe the best one I've read since camp began. Sounds very promising.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Really glad I got to see some clips of this induction.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

No pictures?

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Excellent read...thanks TC.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Finally, someone who has a clue with a review.  Thanks, True Champ.  

PS It's funny that Shizzles has season tickets or pretends he does. Someone like that shouldn't even be allowed in the stadium.

somewhat like What Rusty? Not allowed in the stadium? Your Envy is unwarranted, creepy and disturbing. Were talking about practice!? Not the game, but Practice? Cmon now, I could see you being envious of missing a game, but practice? Get a life dude!

Sections
Shortcuts