My top Reasons why the Patriots will never win another Superbowl with Brady.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: My top Reasons why the Patriots will never win another Superbowl.

Never? As in, if the NFL is around for another 50 years we wont win at least 1 more?

Did you say that the Steelers would never win anothre after their coach, and all those Hall of Fame players left in the 70's?

Did you say never after Montana and Walsh left the 49ers?

Did you say never after Staubach left the Cowboys?

Never for the Packers after Bart Starr left?

Brady is a great player, but he is not once in a lifetime.  Every era there will be another QB that we will argue as the best ever. 

Remember before Brady and Manning in the 90's there was Young, Aikman, Marino, Favre
    80's there was Montana, Marino, Elway, Fouts

And i can go back and back.

Next generation of players will probably be greater than Brady and Manning. QBs seem to be getting better and better with each generation.

Aaron Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Freeman, Sanchez (Ughhh, he does have 4 road playoff wins in just two years), Ryan, Bradford are all capable of leading their teams to championships in the future.  

And don't forget, a kid from Stanford is said to be the most polished prospects in a long long time, since Manning some are claiming.

Multiple championship QB's should be available in the coming drafts.  Brady can be replaced.  It wont be easy, but its not impossible

Plus, defense wins championships.  Even if we dont get another Brady, we can still build another dominant defense.  Easier said than done.

But to say the Pats will never win another Super Bowl is dumb. Great players and coaches come and go for everyone

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

Now Im a HUUGe pats fan and this dude does have some good points how can we have a rebuilding year with a soon to be 34 year old qb. Also im tired of bellicheck doing wierd things just to be contrary. he got a hit with this years crop of FAs warren and crumpler come to mind. but has struck out in the past with chris baker n thomas and taylor

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

Don'tquestionBB's  headline  is  overstated  when  he  says  "never"  win  another  superbowl.  I  just  don't  think  they're  going  to  win  anytime  soon.  Overall, his  post  is  a  good  one.  The  post  is  realistic  and  his  criticisms  seem  on  the  mark.  I've  been  a  PATRIOT  fan  since  '73.  And  I've  seen  PATS  fans, like  other  fans, unable  to  take  constructive  criticisms  of  their  team.  The  truth  is  the  PATS  defense  hasn't  been  good  enough  to  win  superbowls  during  the  past  6  years.  And  the  OL  has  always  been  over-rated.  The  07  Superbowl  exposed  our  OL  and  we  should  have  revamped  the  OL  three  years  ago.  Overall, the  PATS  simply  don't  have  enough  TALENT  to  compete  in  the  playoffs.  It's  true  that  sometimes  high  draft  choices  and  superstar  FA's  are  a  bust.  But  there's  never  any  guarantee  with  any  selection.  The  proof  that  the  PATS  strategy  of  continually  trading  down  and  essentially  staying  away  from   key  free  agents  isn't  working  is :  1)  It's  been  a  consensus  opinion  for  years  that  the  PATs  haven't  matched  up  with  the  elite  teams  talent  wise; 2)  Many  have  said  that  the  2010  PATS  were  in  a  " rebuilding "  year.  WHY  ARE  THE  PATS   REBUILDING  AT  THIS  POINT ?  The  Steelers  and  other  elite  teams  aren't  rebuilding.  Trading  down, overall, is  a  good  strategy.  IT  JUST  CAN'T  BE  THE  ONLY  STRATEGY !  THERE  ARE  TIMES  WHEN  YOU  HAVE  TO  GO  AFTER  DIFFERENCE  MAKERS.  A  perfect  example  is  drafting  Ron  Brace  instead  of  B.J  Rajii.  Anyone  watching  them  at  BC  could  see  a  big  difference  in  their  potential  and  talent.  The  PATS  have  over-relied  on  Bellichek  and  Brady  for  years.  THEY  NEED  MORE  TALENT.  The  Banta  Cains  and  Guytons  won't  get  it  done.  After  the  04  Superbowl  win, I  asked  myself  how  many  more  Superbowl  wins  will  Bellichek  and  Brady  win.  My  answer  was  " two."  Now, I'm  not  so  sure.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: My top Reasons why the Patriots will never win another Superbowl.:
    In Response to My top Reasons why the Patriots will never win another Superbowl. : Top reasons you are wrong: 1) they can get another QB. 5 teams have won since the Pats last did. They did not have Tom Brady as QB 2) They have a LOT of young talent and are getting better.  Fill those D positions and get a pass rush 3) Rex Ryan did not give a blueprint to beat the Pats. He followed the blueprint the Giants used years ago. Pressure Brady, take advantage of the average offensive line (at least in the playoffs).  Notice what Cleveland did this year? Mangini knew what happened to the Pats against the Giants.
    Posted by boomerst3

Giants had speed rushers. Not the same. Ryan followed Mangini's blueprint simply by having his defense not dictate to TB what he wanted to do with the ball pre snap. The Jet's D stood around almost aimlessly to not let TB know what was coming. They knew that with 3 to 4 seconds on the play clock that TB had to take the snap. Then their down lineman got into their 3 point stances and Tom's, in most cases, reads (hot or not) were out of his progressions. He looked confused and frustrated to prove that he is only human. Great strategy and the Pats weren't making adjustments. Add to the formula that the Jet's corners were playing shut down roles as well. It was like watching a slow death. BB's assumptions that Ryan would simply blitz and play strictly man coverage blew up in his face. Should have had a secondary plan. Not to worry, all this did was infuriate BB. He'll be ready next time. He needs to delegate and oversee. I know a good to great football team when I see one and these Pats are the real deal. '11.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I looked at the icon, the title of the thread and the user name. Didn't read, I see TROLL written all  over this. Ignore and move on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: My top Reasons why the Patriots will never win another Superbowl.:
    I looked at the icon, the title of the thread and the user name. Didn't read, I see TROLL written all  over this. Ignore and move on.
    Posted by GadisRKO

High pitch, he swings... HOME RUN!!!!!!!!!!! ITS OUT OF THE PARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeattlePatsFan99. Show SeattlePatsFan99's posts

So it is a consensus...a NY Jet Provocateur troll ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

So it is a consensus...a NY Jet Provocateur troll ?
    Posted by SeattlePatsFan99

dude...our handles look too similar. to avoid mistaken identity issues, may i request that you put a distinct name next to your Seattle? example would be what davidseattle did. believe me those issues do happen. thanks, man.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorFootball. Show DoctorFootball's posts

Don'tQuestionBB is in fact, Leon.  He is currently pretending to be a fan so he can post these snide shots posing as real actual concerns.  Heck, look at his sig, its a cheap shot right there.   Check his history here for the last 6 days.  I have followed him, smacked him down a few times, then he created the alt DoctorFootball and started trying to get me booted.  He is just a flaming troll who wants to get a reaction.  Not even a football fan as far as I know, just some useless kid with a computer and inordinate joy at making people upset. 
    Posted by Davedsone
    Well Davedgoof, once again you open your mouth and nothing but turds flow out (using your own ingenious words of wisdom).  The only thing you smacked down was your pet monkey as usual.
    I am Stommper, once again you have no clue what you talk about with your very limited knowledge. So you see you throwback to a Troglodyte, not only are you inept at football, but everything else you do.
    It amaze's me that you would (as you say) follow someone around for 6 days, Dave do you even have a life outside your mom's cellar? 
    Obviously from your own statements you do not, which just goes to show how sad a little boy you really are, following people around a forum, oh boy Dave, is that your big thrill for the day?. Your a man Stalker Dave, you really are such a sad excuse for a human being.

Three cheers for Davedsone, and yes, we already know that Davis is one, One of the biggest idiots the forum boards has ever seen.Yell

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

weak toxic junk.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Just stirring the pot, eh DQBB..  enjoying yourself??!!  I wonder how you feel about your team?  Brain damage jumping off that bandwagon?

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Re: My top Reasons why the Patriots will never win another Superbowl with Brady.

The 1985 Bears(still hurts) and the Ravens of 2000 are the only true NFL teams to win superbowls soley because of their defense.  BB isn't going to build any defense in NE that will be half this good.

Are you on drugs? The Giants defense won SB42, they held the #1 offense ever to 14 points! I also seem to remember the Bucs defense scoring 28 points in SB37, again, against the #1 offense in the NFL. The Giants beating the Bills, shutting down Kelly and the K-gun...I could go on. All those teams got to and won a SB riding their defense. I don't know why I'm answering to a troll, anyway! Your handle is extremely inaccurate, as it seems that's all you do is question BB. If you indeed were a NE fan, you should quit and become a fan of another team. I'm sure you could do better than BB! I suspect you're a Jests fan. Evidently you've forgotten the Jests haven't seen a SB in 42 years.....except home on TV!

Hang in there, fellow Patriots fans! When the Steelers shut up old fat boy Rex today these trolls will go into hiding! I'll bet Sanchez throws more TDs today to Palomalu than he does to either Edwards or Holmes!

As for our team winning another SB, the defense still needs to improve. A quality pass rusher is needed, along with some help at DT. And those 5 sacks on Brady weren't the O-line's fault. He had all day sometimes and the WRs couldn't get open. Brady probably has five good years left, barring injury. This team should still be in the mix for that long. I look for an improved defense next season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Nice too see another poster that doesn't live in fantasy land!   Your absolutely correct in stating that the Patriots philosophy of trading down or picking up additional picks for the next year doesn't work. Just looking at the four remaining playoff teams you can clearly see how championships are won. Bears- Picked up FA Peppers, traded for Cutler. Steelers-kept their 1st rd picks like Mendenhall and Pouncey. Green Bay- traded up to get Clay Matthews. Jets-FA pickups L.T., Cromartie, J. Taylor.  Traded for S. Holmes. All of these team kept the 1st rd picks and were aggressive in the FA market.  Which is why one of the them is going to win the Lombardi Trophy this season.  If the Pats don't change their philosophy while Brady is still Brady, then I see no trophy in foxboro for the foreseeable future.
    Posted by DontQuestionBB

Dude, the Patriots beat those four remaining teams this year. They just laid an egg against the Jets.

Their draft philosophy doesn't work???
    2011 - #17, #28, #33, #60, #74, #92.
    2010 - Devin McCourty, Rob Gronkowski, Jermaine Cunningham, Brandon Spikes, Aaron Hernandez.
    2009 - Patrick Chung, Ron Brace, Darius Butler, Sebastian Vollmer.

As for free agents the Pats re-signed Vince Wilfork and Leigh Bodden plus traded for Deion Branch.

This team is young and will only getting better.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Re: My top Reasons why the Patriots will never win another Superbowl with Brady.

I think the draft has been pretty good. We all have our Maroneys and Jacksons. There were a lot of screams for Kindle, think about that a bit. The Pats don't really need to trade awat their first 6 picks. Those are the holes to plug in. D line O-line *the right side was non existent against the Jests, Taylor has always owned Light*, OLB and RB, throw in a big project receiver and the rest he can trade away for what ever he seems fit. If he traded away 2 of the first 6 then he knows a lot better then I do about it.
    Granted Brady is 34 but he has at least 5 yeas left barring injury. Remember that Bledsloe rode the pine in the best intrest of the team. We all know how that worked out. Once this team gets some kind of a pass rush and a legit 3rd and 3 - 4th and 2 back look out.

This is an edit... Did you change the title now to "with Brady"? What is this some kind of a living document?

18. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts