CB (5): McCourty, Dowling, Arrington, Moore, Dennard  
    S (5): Chung, Gregory, Wilson, Ihedigbo, Allen  

Special Teams (3)
    K (1): Gostkowski  
    P (1): Mesko  
    LS (1): Aiken  

PUP: Fells, Larsen, McDonald

Practice: Ebert, Ebner, Forston, Francis, Kopa, J. Warren, Zusevics

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: My update projected 53 man roster

Looks really close to what I would say.  Maybe Davis over Branch if Davis can have a great camp, and maybe Francis over Pryor if Pryor is not competely healthy...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

What did you do, stutter when hitting the submit button?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FcukUPayMe. Show FcukUPayMe's posts

Now that training camp is in full swing, I decided to update my projections...

Offense (25)
    QB (3): Brady, Hoyer, Mallett 
    RB/FB (4): Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Woodhead 
    WR (6): Welker, Lloyd, Edelman, Gaffney, Slater, Stallworth (Branch)  
    TE (3): Gronkowski, Hernandez, Shiancoe  
    OT (3): Solder, Vollmer, Cannon  
    OG (4): Mankins, Waters, Wendell, Thomas (Gallery) 
    C (2):  Connolly, Koppen

Defense (25)
    DE (5): Jones, Ninkovich, Bequette, Scott, Cunningham  
    DT (5): Wilfork, Love, Fanene, Deaderick, Pryor 
    LB (6): Mayo, Spikes, Hightower, Fletcher, Carpenter, Taripinian 
    CB (5): Arrington, Dowling, McCourty, Moore, Dennard  
    S (4): Chung, Gregory, Wilson, Allen (Ihedigbo)

Special Teams (3)

PUP: Fells

Practice: Ebert, Ebner, Forston, Francis, Kopa, J. Warren, Zusevics

Analysis: I've been hearing more good things about Stallworth than Branch in camp and his size and speed I feel give him the advantage at this point. But Branch's familiarity with Brady is his biggest plus at this point. Right now its a toss up for who will make the final WR spot, but at this very moment I'll say Stallworth. Cunningham seems to be the man every man is impressed with this training camp, so unless he cools down as camp continues I think he's good for a roster spot as of now. With Cunningham in, someones got to get cut and I think the DBs are the most expandable at this point, especially with Allen, Wilson and McCourty being able to flex to the CB and S, so Ihedigbo loses out. I think that the only really big question remarks remain at OT, OG and DE, which are extremely fluid spot numbers wises and all depends on how many BB and staff decide to keep due to depth at that position.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: My update projected 53 man roster [NEW 8/3]

Offense (25)
    QB (2): Brady, Mallett
    RB (4): Ridley, Vereen, Woody, Bolden
    WR (7): Lloyd, Welker, Branch, Stallworth, Edelman, Gaffney, Slater  
    TE/FB (3): Gronk, Hernandez, Shiancoe, Kettani
    OG/C (6): Mankins, Waters, Connolly, Koppen, Wendell

Defense (25)
    DL (7): Wilfork, Warren, Brace, Love, Fanene, Deaderick, Pryor
    LB's (8): Mayo, Spikes, Hightower, Ninkovich, Fletcher, Jones, Bequette,     Cunningham.
    CB (5): McCourty, Dowling, Arrington, Allen, Moore
    S (5): Chung, Gregory, Wilson, Ihedigbo, Dennard

Special Teams (3)
    K (1): Ski
    P: (1): Mesko

*updated 08/11

I really like the way Kettani played in the first pre-season game, he was a solid blocker in the running game and caught some passes to show athleticism, if Larsen doesn't get on the field he will be gone.  Initially I took Larsen because he can also play linebacker but Kettani looked impressive...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Interesting. Nobody thinks we keep a fullback? I'm not sure myself but I thought there was a lot of sentiment in favor of Josh McDaniels keeping a fiullback.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Good roster posts ... but IMO

Ihedig -no

( not likely keepin' 5 Safties ...especially with McCourtys flexibility )

7 wrs is a possibility though
    ( considering Edelman's versatilty & Slator isnt really even one anyways )

Not drinkin' the Cuningham-aid 'til I see him excel in an actual game .

This years team has a real chance to be special ...

I could see as many as a dozen  Pats final cut players making an NFL roster elsewhere ...

WE R STACKED .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Offense: 25
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    QB (3): Brady, Hoyer, Mallet
    RB (4): Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Larsen[FB] No point in keeping Woodhead AND Vereen.
    WR (6): Lloyd, Welker, Gaffney, STALLWORTH[Branch is done, guys], Edelman, Slater.
    TE (3): Gronkowski, Hernandez and Shancioe
    OT(3): Solder, Vollmer, Cannon
    OG/C (6): Mankins, Waters, Connelly, Koppen, Gallery, Wendell

Defense: 25
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DE (5): Jones, Ninkovich, Cunningham, Bequtte, Francis--Over Scott because he's having a better camp. 
    DT (5): Wilfork, Brace, Fanene, Love, Deadrick
    OLB (4): Mayo, Hightower, Tarpinian, Koutouvides
    MLB (2): Spikes, Fletcher
    CB (5): McCourty, Dowling, Arrington, Moore, Dennard
    SS (2): Chung, Barrett
    FS (2): Gregory, Wilson

ST: 3
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

K: Gostkowski
    P: Mesko
    LS: Aiken

Tough cuts:

Woodhead: Woodhead is obsolute with Vereen in the picture, he gets the axe.
    Branch: Branch is done, Stallworth is having a great camp and runs like the wind. Branch can't beat out Gaffney at this stage of his career, he gets the axe. 
    Scott: I know, signed last week, gone the next, but Justin Francis is really impressing. He had a scare in practice one, but now he's one of the best pass-rushers in camp. I've yet to see him, but he seems like BB plucked another gem from UDRFA pool. No way Scott makes the team over Francis.
    Warren: Tough one, but Brace and Deadrick are having good camps. BB keeps him on speed dial though. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

My guess is that at least one FB makes the squad,don't surprised if 7 WR's make the team and Slater isn't a WR or a DB he's a special teams gunner. As for trying to stah players on the PS after we stole Ballard you can bet your bottom dollar Tom Coughlin is waiting with pen in hand too sign every player BB tries to stash...However BB knows this also so maybe he trades everyone and just places the rest of the guys he really wants a better look at on the IR/PUP lists.Looks like all the roster setters are going to have to make some changes Gallery and Fiammetta have flown the coup!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: My update projected 53 man roster [NEW 8/3]:
    [QUOTE]don't surprised if 7 WR's make the team and Slater isn't a WR or a DB he's a special teams gunner.
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

I think so too. I'd rather have Branch than Slater.

maybe BB can give Slater McCourty's spot

Maybe BB can get to two QBs too, having 3 is to many

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Interesting that every single one of you had Gallery making the team even thou he had been having an absolute HORRIBLE camp, which caused him to retire.

Woody not on the team?? You must be crazy.  He is still the best 3rd down option as far as a back out of the backfield to catch short passes and screens.

The ONLY reason Slater has made the team the last few years is special teams, and the Pats loaded up on ST players this year so as long as Branch and Stallworth stay healthy, I would keep both of them over Slater.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]Interesting that every single one of you had Gallery making the team even thou he had been having an absolute HORRIBLE camp, which caused him to retire. Woody not on the team?? You must be crazy.  He is still the best 3rd down option as far as a back out of the backfield to catch short passes and screens. The ONLY reason Slater has made the team the last few years is special teams, and the Pats loaded up on ST players this year so as long as Branch and Stallworth stay healthy, I would keep both of them over Slater.
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]

Most of us aren't sitting in the bleachers watching camp so we're not privy to the inner workings, we can only read the press.  Gallery retired, he wasn't horrible, his time was up.

I agree Woody not on the final roster is improbable. 

The reason Slater makes this team beyond special teams is that he also can play WR and Safety, that makes him versatile. I would also have to ask since you've sat in judgment but haven't posted YOUR 53 man roster which special team's players are we keeping besides Slater?  

It sounds easy but once you start removing players to reach 53, versatility starts to weigh more heavily on your roster.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My update projected 53 man roster [NEW 8/3] : Most of us aren't sitting in the bleachers watching camp so we're not privy to the inner workings, we can only read the press.  Gallery retired, he wasn't horrible, his time was up. I agree Woody not on the final roster is improbable.  The reason Slater makes this team beyond special teams is that he also can play WR and Safety, that makes him versatile. I would also have to ask since you've sat in judgment but haven't posted YOUR 53 man roster which special team's players are we keeping besides Slater?   It sounds easy but once you start removing players to reach 53, versatility starts to weigh more heavily on your roster.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Sit in judgement?  I gave my opionion just like everyone else. 

Not sure what you were reading or listening to but all I have seen since day 1 of camp is how Gallery has been getting abused. 

Slater did have versatility in that he could play safety but now they have both Wilson and Mccourtey who can slid between safety and CB.  Hell even edleman can go into the backfield.  No need for slater in that role anymore.

On Special teams.  Wilson and Carpenter are two ST players that come to mind right away that were not here last year.  Slater has had plenty of time to prove himself, there really is no need to keep him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to "Re: My update projected 53 man roster [NEW 8/3]": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My update projected 53 man roster [NEW 8/3] : Most of us aren't sitting in the bleachers watching camp so we're not privy to the inner workings, we can only read the press.  Gallery retired, he wasn't horrible, his time was up. I agree Woody not on the final roster is improbable.  The reason Slater makes this team beyond special teams is that he also can play WR and Safety, that makes him versatile. I would also have to ask since you've sat in judgment but haven't posted YOUR 53 man roster which special team's players are we keeping besides Slater?   It sounds easy but once you start removing players to reach 53, versatility starts to weigh more heavily on your roster. Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE] Every year we hear the same thing--fans wanting to keep a back-up receiver over Slater. Yet every year, Slater ends up on the team. Stating field position is one of the most important factors in the game and Slater is one of the absolute best kick off coverage guys in the league. It's always possible BB will find someone more valuable to the team, but the odds are extremely high that Slater sticks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: My update projected 53 man roster [NEW 8/3]": Every year we hear the same thing--fans wanting to keep a back-up receiver over Slater. Yet every year, Slater ends up on the team. Stating field position is one of the most important factors in the game and Slater is one of the absolute best kick off coverage guys in the league. It's always possible BB will find someone more valuable to the team, but the odds are extremely high that Slater sticks.
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Yes and last year with the ball moved up on kick-offs and all the touchbacks this became even less valuable.  Tieing up a roster spot for a guy that catches 1 ball a year just ain't worth it anymore.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to "Re: My update projected 53 man roster [NEW 8/3]": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My update projected 53 man roster [NEW 8/3] : Yes and last year with the ball moved up on kick-offs and all the touchbacks this became even less valuable.  Tieing up a roster spot for a guy that catches 1 ball a year just ain't worth it anymore. Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE] Returns are significantly less frequent with the new rules, but they still occur on nearly 55% of kick offs. That's still a very important part of the game and one I think BB is unlikely to ignore.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kenscreen. Show kenscreen's posts

[QUOTE]Interesting. Nobody thinks we keep a fullback? I'm not sure myself but I thought there was a lot of sentiment in favor of Josh McDaniels keeping a fiullback.
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Here is the FB:

Offense:

3. Quarterback - Tom Brady; Brian Hoyer; Ryan Mallett

3. Running Back - Stevan Ridley; Danny Woodhead; Shane Vereen

1 Fullback -  Steve Larsen

7. Wide Receiver – Wes Welker; Brandon Lloyd; Deon Branch; Jabar Gaffney, Julian Edelman, Matthew Slater, Donte Stallworth.

3. Tight End: Rob Gronkowski; Aaron Hernandez, Shancioe

3. Offensive Tackle: Nate Solder; Sebastian Vollmer; Marcus Cannon

4. Offensive Guard: Logan Mankins; Brian Waters; Ryan Wendell; Nick McDonald

2. Offensive Center: Dan Connolly; Dan Koppen

Defense:

4. Defensive End - Brandon Deaderick; Jonathan Fanene; Chandler Jones,                Jake Bequette

4. Defensive Tackle - Vince Wilfork; Kyle Love; Myron Pryor; Ron Brace

3. Outside Linebacker - Rob Ninkovich; Trevor Scott, Jermaine Cunningham

5. Inside Linebacker - Jerod Mayo; Brandon Spikes; Dane Fletcher; Dont'a  Hightower, Bobby Carpenter

5. Cornerback - Devin McCourty; Ras-I Dowling; Kyle Arrington; Sterling Moore;                       Alfonzo Dennard

3. Safety - Pat Chung; Steve Gregory; Tavon Wilson    

3. Special Teams:

K: Stephen Gostkowski

P: Zoltan Mesko

LS: Danny Aiken

26 players on offense + 24 players on defense and 3 special teams = 53 players. 

D-line G. Warren is on speed dial.

The RB Bolden is placed on the practice squad.

Cunningham is good enough that Andre Carter is not brought back.

My thoughts as of 8-5-12,

KG

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Not bad, kenscreen.  However, after a strong camp, there is no way Bolden clears waivers to make it to the Practice Squad.  Teams will be lickin' their chops for NE's cut guys this year, especially Tom Coughlin who is probably looking for a little pay-back after we snagged Ballard. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kenscreen. Show kenscreen's posts

[QUOTE]Not bad, kenscreen.  However, after a strong camp, there is no way Bolden clears waivers to make it to the Practice Squad.  Teams will be lickin' their chops for NE's cut guys this year, especially Tom Coughlin who is probably looking for a little pay-back after we snagged Ballard. 
    Posted by WazzuWheatfarmer[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response, yes, I can agree with that. I am just not sure how to keep 7 WR, so I picked RB, but I can see no fullback as well.  KG

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My update projected 53 man roster [NEW 8/3] : Sit in judgement?  I gave my opionion just like everyone else.
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]

No you didn't, if you're going to chime in on a 53 man roster thread, then name your players and then criticize ours.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

I didn't see anyone mention Jake Ballard.

It's still a head scratcher for me as to exactly what BB has in mind for Ballard.

I don't think he intended to steal him away from the Giants just to cut him later.  He was well aware of the injury when he picked him up.

I believe he has one year left on his contract and this years Salary as I recall was around $550k.... then next year he becomes a free agent.

If we put him on IR.... then next year he's free to sign with any team (even go back to the Giants)... If we don't IR him this year then he's taking up a valuable roster spot all for what??

The dude has some great talent and could be a real asset to the team when he's healthy again.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]Not bad, kenscreen.  However, after a strong camp, there is no way Bolden clears waivers to make it to the Practice Squad.  Teams will be lickin' their chops for NE's cut guys this year, especially Tom Coughlin who is probably looking for a little pay-back after we snagged Ballard. 
    Posted by WazzuWheatfarmer[/QUOTE]There is no doubt in my mind that Coughlin is waiting with a stack of contracts and that he will be scrutinizing the Patriots cuts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]I didn't see anyone mention Jake Ballard. It's still a head scratcher for me as to exactly what BB has in mind for Ballard. I don't think he intended to steal him away from the Giants just to cut him later.  He was well aware of the injury when he picked him up. I believe he has one year left on his contract and this years Salary as I recall was around $550k.... then next year he becomes a free agent. If we put him on IR.... then next year he's free to sign with any team (even go back to the Giants)... If we don't IR him this year then he's taking up a valuable roster spot all for what?? The dude has some great talent and could be a real asset to the team when he's healthy again. It will be interesting to see how this plays out....
    Posted by Patsfaninswflorida[/QUOTE]Actually he doesn't become a FA if IR'd this season,in fact the Patriots get the benefit of having paid him his salary and he can only become a FA in 2014,he would be a restricted FA in 2013. at least that is what I read on this site some time ago.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seastixholdersince1971. Show Seastixholdersince1971's posts

I would think Branch could go and keep Bolden....hurry up Thursday!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FcukUPayMe. Show FcukUPayMe's posts

Re: My update projected 53 man roster [NEW 8/3, 8/11]

After letting the first preseason game sink in and reading ESPN Boston's three projections lets try this again...

Offense (25)
    QB (3): Brady, Hoyer, Mallett 
    RB/FB (4): Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Woodhead 
    WR (6): Welker, Lloyd, Edelman, Gaffney, Slater, Stallworth  
    TE (2): Gronkowski, Hernandez (Shiancoe)  
    OG (5): Mankins, Waters, Wendell, Thomas, McDonald
    C (2):  Connolly, Koppen

Defense (25)
    DE (6): Jones, Ninkovich, Bequette, Scott, Cunningham, Francis  
    DT (4): Wilfork, Love, Fanene, Deaderick (Pryor
    LB (6): Mayo, Spikes, Hightower, Carpenter, Koutouvides, Rivera  (Fletcher, Taripinian
    CB (4): Arrington, Dowling, McCourty, Moore (Dennard)  
    S (5): Chung, Gregory, Wilson, Ihedigbo, Ebner (Allen)

Special Teams (3)

PUP: Fells, Pryor

IR: Ballard, Fletcher 

Practice: Dennard, Ebert, Forston, Kopa, J. Warren, Zusevics (Ebner, Frances)

Analysis: Offensively not that much change, Stallworth didn't make a splash on Thursday but he didn't have to because he's been actually practicing unlike Branch. If this continues I think it becomes a larger uphill battle for Branch to make the cut. I hate, let me repeat hate, the fact that I only have two TE's on my final projection. As great as Gronk and Hernandez are we need to have some sort of back up plan just in case, but injuries are preventing Fells and Shiancoe from taking the field, so we keep Fells on PUP and bring him in later in season for more depth. Defensively we have a lot more movers. 6 seems like a lot of DE's to keep on the roster but after strong camps by Francis and Cunningham and a strong game by Scott, I can't decide who would be the odd man out. Brace is hurt, so he still doesn't make the team but with Pryor being on the PUP and Warren waiting by the phone, they have a back up plan if worst comes to worst. Fletcher's seemingly season ending injury obviously moves him to the IR which opens a spot for either Rivera, White or Tarpinian, but I think Rivera wins out who's been having a solid camp. For the DB's its a numbers game and they just can't keep all of them so I think Allen gets cut in favor of special teams contributors Ihedigbo and Ebner. While Dennard gets the axe but could possibly be placed on IR if BB doesn't think he'll clear waivers and likes his talent enough.