***My Updated "Big 65" Board***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

***My Updated "Big 65" Board***

I'm trying to keep my board as small as I can, but with so much dadgum talent available that's basically impossible.  With that said, below is my Big 65 Board... which identifies the players that I like best in each round as well as the qty of players at each position.  I could prob add another 10+ receivers if I had to, haha.

DT- 10

OL- 8

DE/OLB- 7

TE- 7

WR- 7

LB- 7

RB- 6

S-6

CB- 5

QB- 2

Rd 1
    LB- Ryan Shazier
    DT- Stephon Tuitt
    DE/OLB- Kony Ealy
    DT- Louis Nix III
    OLB/DE- J. Attaochu
    OLB/DE- D. Lawrence
    WR- Kelvin Benjamin
    DT- Timmy Jernigan
    DT- Ra'shede Hageman

Rd 1-2
    S- Jimmie Ward
    OL- Joel Bitonio
    LB- Kyle Van Noy
    DE/OLB- Marcus Smith
    DT- Dominique Easley

Rd 2
    WR- Jarvis Landry
    DE/OLB- Trent Murphy
    S- Deone Bucannon
    WR- Cody Latimer
    RB- Carlos Hyde
    WR- Donte Moncrief
    LB- Telvin Smith
    CB/S- Lamarcus Joyner
    LB- Chris Borland
    TE- Troy Niklas
    TE- Austin Seferian-Jenkins
    TE- Jace Amaro

Rd 2-3
    DT- DaQuan Jones
    CB- Stanley Jean Baptiste
    OL Ja'Waun James
    DE/OLB- Trevor Reilly
    OL- Weston Richburg
    OL- Marcus Martin
    DT- Ego Ferguson
    WR- Bruce Ellington
    DT- Kelcy Quarles

Rd 3
    DT- Brent Urban
    WR- Jared Abbrederis
    TE- CJ Fiedorowicz
    CB- Phillip Gaines
    QB- AJ McCarron
    RB- Devonte Freeman

Rd 4-7
    LB- Christian Kirksey
    LB- Max Bullough
    DT- Ed Stinson
    OLB/DE- Adrian Hubbard
    CB- Dontae Johnson
    S- Antone Exum
    S- Craig Loston
    TE- Arthur Lynch
    OL- John Urschel
    OL- Wesley Johnson
    OL- Chris Watt
    OL- Anthony Steen
    CB- Dexter McDougle
    S- Brock Vereen
    S- Vinnie Sunseri
    QB- Logan Thomas
    WR- Kain Colter
    RB- Tyler Gaffney
    LB- James Morris
    TE- Ted Bolser
    TE- Rob Blanchflower
    RB- Alfred Blue
    RB- Rajion Neal
    RB- Lorenzo Taliaferro

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Re: ***My Updated

Mike

I admire your knowledge and dedication.

The only question I have is why aren't you working for an NFL or NCAA team? Seriously! Have you ever asked yourself what you would need to do to get yourself in the door as a scouting assistant? There are stories of guys that have started out with less knowledge than you and slowly worked their way up from HS and small, insignificant NCAA schools to the NFL. Sometimes, all we need is to put ourselves in a situation where we can find a model or a mentor to show us the way.

I hope I am not pushing but I really like to see people using the passion and talent they have! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mike

The only question I have is why aren't you working for an NFL or NCAA team? Seriously! Have you ever asked yourself what you would need to do to get yourself in the door as a scouting assistant? There are stories of guys that have started out with less knowledge than you and slowly worked their way up from HS and small, insignificant NCAA schools to the NFL. Sometimes, all we need is to put ourselves in a situation where we can find a model or a mentor to show us the way.

I hope I am not pushing but I really like to see people using the passion and talent they have! 

[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, I appreciate the nod... def something that I love to do.  At some point, I'd like to get/attend a "Scouting Basics" type course... educate myself more... would be great to work in the industry some day!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

I have to agree MB...you know a whole bunch of this stuff and inspire me to learn it as well...

Like you said there are several players that could be added by why at this point?...we know who they are for the most part, and guys rising rapidly like Latimer/WR and Lawrence/DE have to be very carefully watched because they HAven't BEEN THAT MUCH OF A SURPRISE IN THEIR LATE RISE TO SOME WHO'VE FOLLOWED THE DRAFT THIS YEAR...(sorry caps)...I think this is a result of the draft being extended 2 weeks...there will be fewer surprises by draft day, but many later round shocks where guys will be taken in the 6th or 7th that others have never heard of and/or who many thought would be "priority free agents"...

MB, you're my idol!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

MB, You might as well go Big 100.  You are right too much talent!!!

I like Kirksey in the 4th.  I talked about those Iowa linebackers months ago. Love it.

Also, it is going to be a feeding frenzy with UDFAs for sure.  Nice board bro!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I like this Trevor Reilly guy...he looks pretty good in space for his size...pretty darn fast too at his size. Some team is going to be getting a pretty good player and if he gets a little stronger, maybe more than that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Good stuff man will Clarke gets no love!! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Tuitt really does remind me of Seymour. He's usually double/triple teamed and wins many of those battles.

You can't push that dude backwards. He could play both DT/DE if he lost some weight.

Right now he's my pick @29.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

[QUOTE]

Mike

Thanks man, I appreciate the nod... def something that I love to do.  At some point, I'd like to get/attend a "Scouting Basics" type course... educate myself more... would be great to work in the industry some day!

[/QUOTE]

MB, I don't mean to get all personal on you, but since you put it out there, I do know how to get you in contact with a few people that would point you in the right direction on the NFL level

How old are you? Is travel a problem? Much like anything worthwhile, competitive and entry level, wages aren't the be all end all to start, but it is a start.

I also know a few on the independent side, high school level, with contacts to colleges who cannot get everywhere, so they use these independent services to find kids and then go see them. 

Let me know if interested

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Impressive, MB, truly impressive.  It will be interesting to see how your analysis plays out come draft time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have to agree MB...you know a whole bunch of this stuff and inspire me to learn it as well...

Like you said there are several players that could be added by why at this point?...we know who they are for the most part, and guys rising rapidly like Latimer/WR and Lawrence/DE have to be very carefully watched because they HAven't BEEN THAT MUCH OF A SURPRISE IN THEIR LATE RISE TO SOME WHO'VE FOLLOWED THE DRAFT THIS YEAR...(sorry caps)...I think this is a result of the draft being extended 2 weeks...there will be fewer surprises by draft day, but many later round shocks where guys will be taken in the 6th or 7th that others have never heard of and/or who many thought would be "priority free agents"...

MB, you're my idol!

[/QUOTE]

Haha, thanks man... you bring some solid content to the thread... keep it up and post more there more!

As far as players that could be added... the challenge for me is to not just add every possible prospect to my board and to not make the board too top heavy.  I'm generally looking for the 5-10 prospects per position that I think fit best in NE, then try and spread that over 7 rounds... it's pretty fun, but very fluid and your opinion of a kid can change with more film review... wish we had more access to game tape (shows the entire play and not just players that are isolated) online, though thank god for Draft Breakdown in regards to film!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:
    [QUOTE]

MB, You might as well go Big 100.  You are right too much talent!!!

I like Kirksey in the 4th.  I talked about those Iowa linebackers months ago. Love it.

Also, it is going to be a feeding frenzy with UDFAs for sure.  Nice board bro!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think I had 50-53 players on my board last year and was fine with that.  I got it up to 75 easily this year (before cutting it down to 65) and could prob get to 100 without much issue, haha.

Yeah, those Hawkeye backers are fun to watch... all (3) of them!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like this Trevor Reilly guy...he looks pretty good in space for his size...pretty darn fast too at his size. Some team is going to be getting a pretty good player and if he gets a little stronger, maybe more than that.

[/QUOTE]

Agree... versatile kid and a very good, productive player.  Durability seems to be the biggest concern there.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good stuff man will Clarke gets no love!! 

[/QUOTE]

I'd love Will Clarke in the middle rounds and he was one of the final cuts for me to get down to 65.  I went a little top heavy at this position on my board as 6 of the 7 were projected on Day 1 and 2.  The only Day 3, or maybe middle round kid that I listed was Adrian Hubbard and that was due to his program pedigree and versatility.  I could also add Michael Sam, UCLA's Cassius Marsh Stanford's Ben Gardner and Texas' Jackson Jeffcoat as other potential edge players that interest me on Day 2/3.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tuitt really does remind me of Seymour. He's usually double/triple teamed and wins many of those battles.

You can't push that dude backwards. He could play both DT/DE if he lost some weight.

Right now he's my pick @29.

[/QUOTE]

If I had to hand in my mock today, I'd prob have Tuitt to NE at #29 as well... seems to be too much of a natural fit and you really don't see him mocked to NE there much, which makes me think it could actually happen, ha.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

tom savage > aj mccarron 

kenny guiton > logan thomas

i don't see NE drafting logan thomas. 

[/QUOTE]

Some would prob agree with you on the Savage vs. McCarron debate, he certainly has a bigger arm.

Logan Thomas is more of a developmental prospect, but has a great combo of size, athleticism and arm strength... which is why I think he could be the pick if they're looking for a QB on Day 3.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Mike

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

MB, I don't mean to get all personal on you, but since you put it out there, I do know how to get you in contact with a few people that would point you in the right direction on the NFL level

How old are you? Is travel a problem? Much like anything worthwhile, competitive and entry level, wages aren't the be all end all to start, but it is a start.

I also know a few on the independent side, high school level, with contacts to colleges who cannot get everywhere, so they use these independent services to find kids and then go see them. 

Let me know if interested

[/QUOTE]

Much appreciated, man!  I'm certainly interested in learning more and making a few contacts!  I mean, I know what my eyes tell me in regards to a players ability, but I really want to educate myself on what/what not to look for and how to articulate it in more of an industry standard format/speak as I'm very much a greenhorn.

Personal message me with the details if you can!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Impressive, MB, truly impressive.  It will be interesting to see how your analysis plays out come draft time.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  Yeah, that's the fun part!