MYRON PRYER RELEASED

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from firstdegreeblackbelt. Show firstdegreeblackbelt's posts

MYRON PRYER RELEASED

PATS RELEASED INFORMATION THAT MYRON PRYOR HAS BEEN RELEASE, BOSTONSPORTSSTORIES@INFORMATION

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from firstdegreeblackbelt. Show firstdegreeblackbelt's posts

Re: MYRON PRYER RELEASED

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

His back must be toast...too bad, when healthy he was a good one....looks like we definitely pick a dl early

I THINK ABRAHAM MAY BE COMING

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from firstdegreeblackbelt. Show firstdegreeblackbelt's posts

His back must be toast...too bad, when healthy he was a good one....looks like we definitely pick a dl early

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from firstdegreeblackbelt. Show firstdegreeblackbelt's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to firstdegreeblackbelt's comment:

Did that free up much cap sapce?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Do you think this means ABRAHAM MAY BE COMING?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Perhaps this means Abe or a DL in the draft. Shame about his back. Guy would have been a solid contributor imo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

John Abraham is halfway over the hill.  He might possibly fill a hole for a season.  Half a season?

I suspect that BB might draft Ziggy Ansah or Cornellius Carradine to fill some defensive end needs.  Either one can bulk up to 290 or 300 lbs playing weight and slide along the D-line.  Damontre Moore would be a linebacker in BB's scheme, and BB already has one first round elephant.

It's always perilous to guess what happens at #29.  I believe that one year, not one of the Patriots' original seven selections stayed in Trader Bill's hands. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Abe's is strictly a DE, Pryor strictly a DT. Question is Armstead. Looks like he plays DT, but is he heavy enough? Vince, Lovie, Deadrick, Kelly, Armstead. Pats can get by this year, but next year looks bare as Deadrick and Lovie free agents, Vince 32 and Kelly 33 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

That's a bummer, he would have been very good if he stayed healthy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Armstead would replace Pryor not Abraham, however not signing Sanders could mean there's enough space to sign Abraham regardless

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Abe's is strictly a DE, Pryor strictly a DT. Question is Armstead. Looks like he plays DT, but is he heavy enough? Vince, Lovie, Deadrick, Kelly, Armstead. Pats can get by this year, but next year looks bare as Deadrick and Lovie free agents, Vince 32 and Kelly 33 

I was thinking more in terms of the number of DL we carry.  Both Kelly and Armstead can be lined up like Pryor was imo.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I think posters are over estimating Pryor to some degree based on hopes and dreams, the guy was a 6th round pick, wasn't overly productive and never required a double team.  He wasn't any better or worse than Love or Deaderick...  too bad it had to end like it did but we can't pretend like the good old days were all that good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

WHen he played, he was good. But he rarely played, so he'll be rarely missed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

I was thinking more in terms of the number of DL we carry.  Both Kelly and Armstead can be lined up like Pryor was imo.

Yes, that is what I said. At the DT position they can rotate 5 players assuming Armstead is heavy enough. I can see Armstead playing in sub packages as a rush DT. 

I can also see Nink, Chandler, Cunnigham, Francis and maybe Abe or TScott at the ends. 

What to make of Bequette? I actually thought he looked good at camp last year when I Saw him. Him not getting on the field inany games makes me think it is mental, not physical with him. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

I say he signs abe cheaply, and then drafts a DT in the first and WR in the second, or vise versa.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I think posters are over estimating Pryor to some degree based on hopes and dreams, the guy was a 6th round pick, wasn't overly productive and never required a double team.  He wasn't any better or worse than Love or Deaderick...  too bad it had to end like it did but we can't pretend like the good old days were all that good.

Woz,, it doesn't matter what round he was taken in.... I saw him play and when he was in decent health he looked like he was a talent. I would say he was the best DT we had outside of Vinny WHEN he was on the field... So what is unfortunate was that he was a guy who made it to the NFL without a lot of fanfare and looked like he was a keeper - not necessarily a stud though he looked to have some good upside.

He never had "good ole days" because he was never on the field long enough to have them. Never was able to show he could do it consistantly and regularly both over a season and in the playoffs. But he had some dark horse talent.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I thought out of Pryor, Lovie and Deadrick that Pryor could push the pocket the best and create pressure, Lovie played the run best, and Deadrick was in between. I also think of the 3, Deadrick has the most upside potential.

I still think Pats go big DL in rd #1...need to groom someone behind Vince and Kelly.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I thought out of Pryor, Lovie and Deadrick that Pryor could push the pocket the best and create pressure, Lovie played the run best, and Deadrick was in between. I also think of the 3, Deadrick has the most upside potential.

I still think Pats go big DL in rd #1...need to groom someone behind Vince and Kelly.

Please this ^

Sections
Shortcuts