Myron Pryor looks like a steal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittycat6969. Show kittycat6969's posts

Myron Pryor looks like a steal

I was very impressed with Myron Pryor.  Very impressive that we seem to have two late round finds with he and Edelman.  Also, was happy to see that coaches trusted Chung on the field. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: Myron Pryor looks like a steal

agreed. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

Hoyer Endleman,Hodel,Pryor are great for the cap$$$

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

I think last year's draft is looking like one of their best. What great late round finds. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Agreed. I like what I have seen from Butler and Chung....they'll be better players their 2nd year..and three more 2nds next year and a compensatory pick for Gaffney ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittycat6969. Show kittycat6969's posts

Also, we have our left tacle of the future in Sebastian Volmer on the roster for what should be very affordable cap dollars as well.  If Tate turns into a big time guy this could go down as the best draft since we got Brady.  You would think that the Daniel Snieders of the world would learn that today's NFL is built around solid capenomics.  Merriweather is another player that is a solid cap $ guy.  Late first round meant we got 5 years and paid 1/4 of what a top first rounder cost. 

In Response to Re: Myron Pryor looks like a steal:
    Agreed. I like what I have seen from Butler and Chung....they'll be better players their 2nd year..and three more 2nds next year and a compensatory pick for Gaffney ?
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Myron Pryor looks like a steal:
    I was very impressed with Myron Pryor.  Very impressive that we seem to have two late round finds with he and Edelman.  Also, was happy to see that coaches trusted Chung on the field. 
    Posted by kittycat6969

I'm with you on Chung (and Pryor for that matter), he's a player I was extremely high on coming out of Oregon, glad to see his hard work on special teams and in practice has turned into some quality PT in the secondary.........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Pryor made it an easy decision to trade Seymour.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I like what I'm seeing all over the place with this team.  It is really starting to come together, and I love that we actually COVER receivers now.  I'm hoping the Eagles are enjoying Asante "how about ME?" Samuel.  I wont dis ellis hobbes, he has been stand up about stuff.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

P.S.  I live in Eagles country, so I know they ARENT enjoying Samuel at all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

Posted by Davedsone

is he not playing well? i haven't really paid attention to them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Indeed, I firmly believe that Pryor was the reason BB executed the Seymour trade. He liked what he saw early.

I can't say enough about how well thsi kid has played in short spaces.

Him, Butler, Chung, Edelman, all look great for where they are at.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

We need the inside scoop on Brace. Is he in the doghouse or just slow to develop and behind talented players?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

I like what I'm seeing all over the place with this team.  It is really starting to come together, and I love that we actually COVER receivers now.
    Posted by Davedsone

I couldn't agree more.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Posted by Davedsone

Come on, do Philly fans ever really enjoy anything? No offense, but at the eagles/pats superbowl I saw the most thuggish, hostile, ignorant, drunken and angry fans I've ever encountered anywhere, including British soccer hooligan bowls.

I mean, if you're not happy attending a SB with your team playing, when are you ever happy? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

~I Don't know what Thread to mention this, BUT Don't forget the likes of Gary Guyton, our 2nd year guy turned ILB to OLB...I believe it was him coming off the end ready to bury the QB, on Merri's pick run back to the house.  Our D is young and hungry. 

RE:  "Draft-onomics", More and more We are seeing the sense in Drafting from the Late 1st-early 2nd rd...  I mean, at least we're sitting here saying, "Maroney hasn't lived up to his 1st rd billing...He's a B-U-S-T!" 

NOW, Can You imagine HOW We'd ALL be feeling without these Draft Day trades that net US 2 or 3 good 2nd rd or so finds, say Butler, Chung, Vollmer, And INSTEAD sitting here, Saying, "Well, We sure Got OUR future leader and star, He IS costing Us 25 mil a year, But man, It's WORTH it, because there's ONLY 1 like him...Ladies and Gentleman, I'd like to introduce You ALL to our franchise-savior, The One and Only, QB-JAMARCUS RUSSELL!!!!"   (cough-and even though we won't have the cap-room to sign ANY impact guys for 5 years, This 1 GUY WILL do it ALL himself....cough-unless he gets hurt, or ummm-we find out he can't play NFL football). 

Yea, Late 1st/early 2nd rd=Even though it's hard to 'swallow' at the time for we ALL want superstars, glitz, etc..  But much, much more of Minimum Risk, Maximum Benefit drafting in end of 1st, and even trading down to 2nd... (I'd much rather be paying 7 decent B+ guys, and finding out 1 or 2 of them are C-Grades THEN Paying 1 A+ and 6 C- players surrounding him, let alone finding out your A+ star is really an F as well)...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

BB manages personnel very well, it seems. You could argue that this year is something of a rebuilding year and yet we're still very much in the hunt for the championship. I love seeing all these young players step up. Bodes well both for this year and years to come. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"Come on, do Philly fans ever really enjoy anything? No offense, but at the eagles/pats superbowl I saw the most thuggish, hostile, ignorant, drunken and angry fans I've ever encountered anywhere, including British soccer hooligan bowls."

Good one!!  I was also in Jax and have nothing good to say about Eagles fans.  I spent the whole weekend telling them to STFU until you actually win something!!  The way they slinked off with their tails between their legs after the game was priceless!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdaytona. Show jimdaytona's posts

D is looking good but I am anxious to see the D tested against the wildcat and NO running and passing attack. Lot of young hungry players on this D and that helps. It was tough to watch Miami implode but NO must be that good.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimKe. Show JimKe's posts

Hoyer Endleman,Hodel,Pryor are great for the cap$$$
    Posted by hoyle

I think you mean Ingram and not Hodel who was cut.  Yes, they really

did their homework with regard to the draft.  Edleman led the rookie receivers

in receptions until he got injured.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

great thread. key was the guy from tennessee. he seems to have brought his acumen and formula to the pats. bel was kinda losing there from 2006 thru 2008. i would add ron brace as another positive. plus vollmer and connelly. heck, even the practice squad guys like nunn could be factors next year. all together, a great draft. i dont see Mankins or wilfork around next year. brace will likely b replacg wilfork. vollmer will take light's place as starting left tackle and force Light to be a guard (mankin's spot). Steven Neal too may be gone. Pats have drafted well enough to let all these guys go from the line except for kaczur (who i used to think was the worse of the bunch) after 2010. Kendall Simmons could take over Neal's spot next year. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tfindian. Show tfindian's posts

I like what I'm seeing all over the place with this team.  It is really starting to come together, and I love that we actually COVER receivers now.  I'm hoping the Eagles are enjoying Asante "how about ME?" Samuel.  I wont dis ellis hobbes, he has been stand up about stuff.
    Posted by Davedsone

Not only do they cover receivers......they POUND receivers. With McGowan & Meriweather it's almost like having 2 Rodney Harrisons out there.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

great thread. key was the guy from tennessee. he seems to have brought his acumen and formula to the pats. bel was kinda losing there from 2006 thru 2008. i would add ron brace as another positive. plus vollmer and connelly. heck, even the practice squad guys like nunn could be factors next year. all together, a great draft. i dont see Mankins or wilfork around next year. brace will likely b replacg wilfork. vollmer will take light's place as starting left tackle and force Light to be a guard (mankin's spot). Steven Neal too may be gone. Pats have drafted well enough to let all these guys go from the line except for kaczur (who i used to think was the worse of the bunch) after 2010. Kendall Simmons could take over Neal's spot next year. 
    Posted by choircontrarian

I'm assuming 2010 is an uncapped year with all of the other stipulations in placed.  Mankins will not be a free agent next year.  We also have 2 franchise tags instead of the usual 1.  

Back on topic...  It looks like the Pats have indeed returned to their old ways of finding talent.  Although we had a few misses too this year, we had far more hits than misses.  You'll always have some misses.  I also attribute "some" of this renewed success to Floyd Reese.  He drafted 3 Rookie of the Year winners with the Titans.  Think about that.  That's quite a stat on the personnel front.

Not to overlook something different on the BB side of things too.  Remember Reiss pointing out that with the turnover of personnel, namely Pioli, BB himself was much more active scouting this year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

I'd have to say I agree with most; this draft seems like it will be very good for us for quite a while.

Butler, Chung, Ingram, Vollmer, Edelman, and Pryor all look solid.  Then add that to the FA pickups Fred Taylor, Bodden, and McGowan, and it seems to be an incredibly solid off-season for upgrading some key parts of the team. 

Another guy i've liked seeing so far - Wilhite.  Second year corner seems to be playing much better this year and I think he could be solid for quite a while; he might not be spectacular like Asante or anyone like that, but I think he'll be solid overall. 

One rookie I wish we could've seen this year is Tryone McKenzie (spelling?).  Since he got injured in training camp we never got to see him, but I think he'll be a solid ILB beside Mayo for a while to come.  I could be totally wrong, but I think he'll be a solid starter.

I just hope that one of the rb's picks up their game and starts producing so we can take some of the pressure off the passing game when we need to control the clock (New Orleans and Indy).  I'm anxious for Morris and Taylor to return, but who knows how long that'll be.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

McKenzie should also have a great deal of versatility, and might be even better in a 4-3 as an outside linebacker. Not really sure about that, but it could be. He certainly has experience there.

Sections
Shortcuts