Myron Pryor not bad for a 6th Rnd. pick

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Myron Pryor not bad for a 6th Rnd. pick

Very good actually. I want him to stay healthy all season and see how he does. He is really good at penetrating and creating pressure. He's a gem of a find in round 6.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

In Response to Re: Myron Pryor not bad for a 6th Rnd. pick:
    [QUOTE]Absolutely. You could see it last year. I loved it when he creamed Favre. Here are some late rd picks (Rds 5-7)/UDFAs in recent years that have helped the team: Rd 5 - Matthew Slater, Zoltan Mesko Rd 6 - Pryor Rd 7 - Edelman, Deaderick UDFAs Dan Connolly Kyle Arrington Woodhead BJGE Hoyer Dane Fletcher I'd say that's some nice value lately.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I must, totally agree.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I enjoyed watching Pryor's play last year and suddenly the guy looks real good.  I hope he stays healthy.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

He hasn't been disruptive, which is what you want in a lineman. Wilfork is disruptive, Wright can be, and so can Haynesworth. Pryor covers his assignment well but nothing to indicate that he's anything other than a decent rotational lineman who can do the job, but you will upgrade when you have the chance. 

I guess I don't see what the excitement is about this guy. He hasn't done a thing to indicate he can be a star player of any sort, but he's been decent when in there, just nothing special.  I prefer Wright, Wilfork, Haynesworth, and Warren if we get him back. 

Held their own is probably a good description. You tend to want players that can do a little more than that, which perhaps Pryor will do eventually, but he's been around long enough and I think we'd know by now if he could be an impact player. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

That silly @ss penalty on his hit against Favre still bothers me...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Agree, he was a great find! Hopefully he stays healthy with Wright having another concussion. We need him as a 3rd down inside rusher

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

If there's anything BB has taught us it's that draft round doesn't matter.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

he looked plenty disruptive against Miami last week. he penetrated well at times..Only recorded 3 tackles and .5 sacks, but I think his presence was felt more than that. That's actually not too bad production out of a rotational guy.

With Wright out, i imagine we'll see more of him or possibly Ellis in place.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

He's awesome.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Pryor was rated the "toughest" DL to play against by OL's in the SEC after his last year at kentucky...the Pats did their homework, based on film and actual scouting, because, as I recall, watching him at the combine, he was strong and quick but not a speed demon in the 40....but that was his rep, strong, quick, tough....it's everything we've seen from him so far...no wonder the Pats love drafting from the SEC.

Love love as well...he's in the same mold as Pryor, no quit tough guys who go until the whistle...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Myron Pryor not bad for a 6th Rnd. pick : For a 6th round rotational interior lineman I would say you are being a tad critical. The point of the post was to highlight the fact that he is a good rotational guy behind Wilfork and Haynesworth. i don't think anyone here is advocating he start in place of either of those guys.
    Posted by jri37[/QUOTE]

No, I'm just pointing out that he isn't anything to have a wet dream about as the original poster seems to have. It isn't all that hard to exceed expectations when you are a 6th round pick. You can pick a guy off the wire and do what Pryor does pretty much. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Very good actually. I want him to stay healthy all season and see how he does. He is really good at penetrating and creating pressure. He's a gem of a find in round 6.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

fletcher is definitely coming on this year

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

THe thing abot Pryor is he gets hurt too much and it hurts us. I love it when he's out there, because he plays low and has some explosiveness. He always seems to get into the backfield and cause pressure, plus he holds up in the running game. The problem is after every game he ends up having to sit out practice because of a back or a knee - and then he usually misses a few games. Tough to tell how good he could be when he misses that much time.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]Absolutely. You could see it last year. I loved it when he creamed Favre. Here are some late rd picks (Rds 5-7)/UDFAs in recent years that have helped the team: Rd 5 - Matthew Slater, Zoltan Mesko Rd 6 - Pryor Rd 7 - Edelman, Deaderick UDFAs Dan Connolly Kyle Arrington Woodhead BJGE Hoyer Dane Fletcher I'd say that's some nice value lately.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

you left off guyton (UDFA) and most importantly brady (6th)

Sections
Shortcuts