Myron Pryor

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Myron Pryor

I sure wish we knew more about what happened with this guy.  They kept him on IR all through last season (and most of 2011) yet he didn't even make it to OTAs.

Then both Love and Deaderick were released and both were picked up by the Jags.

I assume Pryor failed a physical but I can't find any info in this regard (is non-disclosure part of the new CBA?) and no team has picked him up.

Only 26 years old.  Sad.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Myron Pryor

Befor the injury I thought Pryor was on his way to being a solid rotation guy in the interior. he had much more talent and tenacity than Love.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I was at a couple of games a few years ago and the guy was one of the best players on the field...it's a shame. Another guy that people forget is Mike Wright - I think if we had both these guys healthy a couple of years ago, we win that Super Bowl.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Bad Back?  All the reports I read said that what put him on IR in 2011 was a shoulder, not a back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I was at a couple of games a few years ago and the guy was one of the best players on the field...it's a shame. Another guy that people forget is Mike Wright - I think if we had both these guys healthy a couple of years ago, we win that Super Bowl.

I was the biggest mike wright fan here. Lunch pail kind of guy out of cincy.  That was even before cincy was even considered a threat. He left everything on the field. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

I was the biggest mike wright fan here. Lunch pail kind of guy out of cincy.  That was even before cincy was even considered a threat. He left everything on the field. 

I'm just glad the guy got a couple of years out of that three year deal before he had to retire, his career was cut way too short.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Wright, Love, Deadrick, Pryor, Carter, Warren, Nink. C'mon, it is easy to root for these guys, but pro bowlers they are not. BB's philosophy of throwing numbers and depth at the DL is obvious. It has cost this defense dearly that he has not secured some one other than JAG to play along side Vince. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to CliffordWasHere's comment:

Either that or a combo of that and BB moving to more 3-4 sets this year than in previous seasons. Explains why Love and Deaderick were quickly cast off.

He had a GREAT 2011 preseason and looked ready to explode. Too bad. Was a good draft pick in the infamous "oft injured" solid 2009 draft.  All those players have or had talent that became hampered by constant injury battles.

The Pats aren't going 3/4. Collins is the only player on the roster that would indicate a switch back to a 3/4, but cutting two 300 pound DLmen should've deter the notion that they're going 3/4 .

Armstead, Kelly and all the 43 DEs we have have yet to make me think we're switching back