5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Re: Namath Blasts Jets Organization

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pretty sad when the best player the franchise ever had, who wasn't even that great in his career (lol) has a spot on, drunken analysis of the abusive Jets management and how some of their delusional fans defend it:

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- New York Jets legend Joe Namath, relatively quiet in recent weeks on his former team's disappointing season, unloaded Wednesday on the front office and owner Woody Johnson.

“

NamathIt's more toward grabbing headlines, and everything starts at the top. And you can go back to when the seat licenses were initiated, how we started conducting things. I don't think winning has been put at the top of the board. Winning headlines has replaced that.

” -- Joe Namath on the Jets

Namath accused the Jets of putting ticket sales ahead of winning. He also claimed management is lying to the fans, pointing to Tim Tebow's lack of involvement as the prime example.

"I think that the fans haven't been given a fair shake," Namath said on a SportsNet New York podcast. "I don't think they get a straight story, often enough, from the powers that be. I think it's kind of condescending talk a bunch of times, telling us how they're developing and who they're getting.

"I think he's been disrespectful. We can go right to the Tebow thing. I mean, come on. If you're bringing him in to play, where's he been? Are you bringing him in to make other people practice longer? Excuse me. Are you bringing him in, trying to get media headlines?"

Tebow, whom the Jets hyped in the preseason as a dynamic weapon, has played only 55 snaps on offense. The ballyhooed wildcat package has been a dud. Tebow hasn't complained about his role, but admitted Wednesday that "at times, it definitely hasn't been as effective as I would've liked."

Namath, a frequent critic of the Jets and Johnson, said the organization changed its approach about four years ago, when it started selling personal seat licenses for MetLife Stadium, which opened in 2010.

Jets blog

JetsLooking for more on
    the green and white? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog »

"I think the focus is changed, subtly," Namath said. "It's more toward grabbing headlines, and everything starts at the top. And you can go back to when the seat licenses were initiated, how we started conducting things. I don't think winning has been put at the top of the board. Winning headlines has replaced that."

Since reaching back-to-back AFC Championship games, the Jets are only 11-13, including 3-5 this season. General manager Mike Tannenbaum, who compiled the talent for playoff teams in 2006, '09 and '10, has come under fire. Namath said the Jets' talent base has eroded, an indirect shot at Tannenbaum.

"We seem to have regressed with talent, the last two years at least, the last three years," he said. "I don't know who's picking the player ... I'm disappointed in the talent we have, and I think you have to start looking at who's doing the picking and why."

Asked why the Jets can't find talent, and if there needs to be a change in the front office, Namath said: "If you use 'can't' in your vocabulary when it comes to football, you won't. I don't want to hear about can't find the talent. How do the other teams (Patriots) around the league, that are so consistent, continually find the talent?"

LOL!!

[/QUOTE]

why are you so obsessed with the jets?

[/QUOTE]

Why are you so obsessed with the Pats and Rusty in particular?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

you guys are wasting my data plan................You know it becomes really expenssive when you are travelling. Can you please keep the insults short?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to sam0377's comment:
    [QUOTE]

you guys are wasting my data plan................You know it becomes really expenssive when you are travelling. Can you please keep the insults short?

[/QUOTE]

will keep it short from now on

[/QUOTE]

Thank you. That wasnt so hard. My comapny thanks you. its just rediculas to sync all RSS feeds

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Who cares what Joe Namath thinks about anything... If Sporting News did an all-time overrated football player list, I would assume that he and Favre would take the top two spots. He has a career losing record, never won another playoff game after his Super Bowl (in fact he play in exactly one game after that - the next season - and none in the last 8 years of his career). He has way more (220) picks than TDs (173). 

At this point he is as famous for being drunk and hitting on Suzy Kolber as anything he ever did on a football field...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Namath's analysis is spot on. The scary thing is it could apply to the Red Sox as well. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Namath's analysis is spot on. The scary thing is it could apply to the Red Sox as well. 

[/QUOTE]

Except that the Sox actually won two titles and had about 5 playoff appearances under this management.  You can also make the argument that half the MLB teams out there use the same model.

The Jets suc k with or without a marketable brand.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Why do Pats fans hate the jets so much? If you are a true Pats fan you understand this without being told. 

#1 - Pats fans hate it when their team loses

#2 - Pats and Jets have hated each other for a long time and in the last 14 years it has been a constant thorn in our foot.

#3 - Boston and NY have a long history of rivalry, Baseball, Hockey, Basketball and Football. We are not too fond of the Giants either but their organization has class and is not as obsessed with Pats as Jets fans are, therefore, we are more apt to point fingers at Jets than Giants... until superbowl time that is and we know how that has turned out.

#4 - because we are fans and that means we have emotional reactions based on feelings. We should not hate the Jets because they suck, are not a real threat and have been in this mode for a long time. But we do, because well, well because, we hate them.... 

Understand???? 

I follow some of the Jets stuff because I want to see them implode and fall apart. Ryan the coach is a decent coach and strategist. Ryan the spokesman can kiss my a** Instead of promising try delivering and later boasting. His job is to sell papers and put people in the seats. Sorry but Namath's analysis is spot on. So if a drunk, senile, has been can see this why can Jet's ownership/managers not see it and address it. I hope they never do and we always have the advantage.

I smile for days when we beat the Jets.... I hate it and it eats me when we lose. I plan on feeling really great Thanksgiving night... after spending time with Family and friends, eating great food and watching the Pats destroy the Jets.....

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]

Seriously, what Pats fans doesn't hate the Jets? Gunty's little faux playing dumb role as he trolls here and follows me around, obsessing over my every comment is what is disturbing.

Namath couldn't be any more accurate.  Get out the popcorn to watch Seattle throttle the Jets offense this weekend.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, but he's been on this forum for FIVE years, so that makes it OK.  To him that is proof that he is not obsessed with the Patriots.  Looks like the opposite to me.  

And the man is following you around which is a true definition of a TROLL.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why do Pats fans hate the jets so much? If you are a true Pats fan you understand this without being told. 

#1 - Pats fans hate it when their team loses

#2 - Pats and Jets have hated each other for a long time and in the last 14 years it has been a constant thorn in our foot.

#3 - Boston and NY have a long history of rivalry, Baseball, Hockey, Basketball and Football. We are not too fond of the Giants either but their organization has class and is not as obsessed with Pats as Jets fans are, therefore, we are more apt to point fingers at Jets than Giants... until superbowl time that is and we know how that has turned out.

#4 - because we are fans and that means we have emotional reactions based on feelings. We should not hate the Jets because they suck, are not a real threat and have been in this mode for a long time. But we do, because well, well because, we hate them.... 

Understand???? 

I follow some of the Jets stuff because I want to see them implode and fall apart. Ryan the coach is a decent coach and strategist. Ryan the spokesman can kiss my a** Instead of promising try delivering and later boasting. His job is to sell papers and put people in the seats. Sorry but Namath's analysis is spot on. So if a drunk, senile, has been can see this why can Jet's ownership/managers not see it and address it. I hope they never do and we always have the advantage.

I smile for days when we beat the Jets.... I hate it and it eats me when we lose. I plan on feeling really great Thanksgiving night... after spending time with Family and friends, eating great food and watching the Pats destroy the Jets.....

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure which it is for me.  Lately, I think I hate their fans more than the team.  I thinks it's because we get alot of Jets trolls on this site so it brings my hate to another level.

As far as their fans are concerned, they are among the bottom dwellers of the league along with Raiders fans in my book.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

He's got them pegged. The Jets organization has 2 major obsessions. One is beating us once a season.

The other is the Giants. The Giants are the well hung big brother who gets all the girls and the Jets are the angry inch that girls laugh at. The Jets will do anything to push the Giants off of the back page of the Post. Tebow is the perfect example. Press converage, ticket and jersey sales were the reasons they got him. And they were willing to further the already extensive damage they've done to Sanchez's ego in order to do it. That alone proves they care less about winning than grabbing headlines.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Salcon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Seriously, what Pats fans doesn't hate the Jets? Gunty's little faux playing dumb role as he trolls here and follows me around, obsessing over my every comment is what is disturbing.

Namath couldn't be any more accurate.  Get out the popcorn to watch Seattle throttle the Jets offense this weekend.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, but he's been on this forum for FIVE years, so that makes it OK.  To him that is proof that he is not obsessed with the Patriots.  Looks like the opposite to me.  

And the man is following you around which is a true definition of a TROLL.

[/QUOTE]

wrong on both counts us usual sally

[/QUOTE]

Wow! 

And to think, all this time I just thought you were a TROLL. 

Well, I'm glad you set me straight on that.

Nobody on this forum told me otherwise.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Get out the popcorn to watch Seattle throttle the Jets offense this weekend.

[/QUOTE]

I'm ready!