NAS... look here.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

NAS... look here.

@DaleEArnold: Rule 913 ONLY applies if Chris Jones was NOT on the line of scrimmage. Clearly he was. Blown call.

So there's that... the rule that was enforced didn't apply to Jones. Therefore, the call was wrong. No room for debate. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: NAS... look here.

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

@DaleEArnold: Rule 913 ONLY applies if Chris Jones was NOT on the line of scrimmage. Clearly he was. Blown call.

So there's that... the rule that was enforced didn't apply to Jones. Therefore, the call was wrong. No room for debate. 

[/QUOTE]

1.  Jones was not on the line.  He was set back a bit...but that's irrelevant.

2.  Team A is the team with the ball.  Team B is the defense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow...that's quite interesting....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I just watched a different view of the play and clearly Jones did what he was flagged for.  Sadly, I am changing my mind on the call. There is nothing in the rule that says 2nd tier player. Here is what the rule says...

it makes no difference where you are originally lined up - Rule 9-1-3, the new rule, says "Team B players cannot push teammates on the line of scrimmage into the offensive formation." That’s exactly what happened in this play.

Team B is the defense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

[QUOTE]

I am trying to explain that to the  moron in the other thread and he doesn't want to learn facts.

He knows nothing about football. He stalked me on the Bruins board when I commented on a delay of game call or calls last year in the NHL where a puck deflects off a Defenseman's stick and the delay of game is still called, when it shouldn't be applied there.

He doesn't understand the rules.  

The spirit of this rule here, is to not have LBs or DBs push the D Linemen forward. That's it.

Jones is not a LB nor was he lined up behind the linemen.

End of story, bagjob game that will be talked about for weeks, if not months.  Maybe years.

I think there should be an investigation requested by Kraft and ask about these calls, all 4 were incorrectly called/applied on the Pats in the second half.  The one in OT was the capper.

I have never seen a bigger attempt at trying to get one team to win over the other. Clearly, the ref was doing that to get FOlk closer to make it easier.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. He gained no advantage, and honestly, youd just about have to run it in slow motion and use a microscope to see that he even did anything. Either way, no way was it egregious enough to warrant a call that literally gave the game to the other team. But as I said in the other thread, no way it should have come to that. The Pats crapped their own nest today, and injuries were also key.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I just watched a different view of the play and clearly Jones did what he was flagged for.  Sadly, I am changing my mind on the call. There is nothing in the rule that says 2nd tier player. Here is what the rule says...

it makes no difference where you are originally lined up - Rule 9-1-3, the new rule, says "Team B players cannot push teammates on the line of scrimmage into the offensive formation." That’s exactly what happened in this play.

Team B is the defense.

[/QUOTE]

Dude, you're so annoying. This is why some people cannot stand you here.

Brady SUCKED. You just cut and pasted your exact same comment in another thread as if it's gospel. It isn't.

YOU ARE WRONG.

Jerome Boger said "any kind of a push" is considered a push, which essentially means any contact of your body stunting and running into a teammate is now  a penalty which is utterly preposterous.

The rule is about someone lining up behind a D Lineman and pushing him from behind, squarely from behind through the play to get an advantage.

Jones sidestepped Svitek to stunt and was doing nothing more than using Svitek as a guide so he could slip through on his stunt move.

That's it.

Do you really think Jones or any other DT have not done that all year long in the many PATs and FGs?

How is that even possible?  All of a sudden, Chris Jones is guilty of a phantom push iN OT?

You, NAS, Pezzy, etc, are all doing that to try to cast blame on BB for having Jones on the field for our team and to deflect from Brady's putrid second half, most of the half when he had open guys and all day to throw.

Days and days of time and he still sucked putting our D back on the field over and over and over!

SB 46 ring a bell? Does it?

We didn't get to OT in SB 46, but we did today and the GOlden Boy STILL couldn't bail himself out.

But, you're wrong on this particular bagjob call, as is Mike Perreira.

This is what exactly why refs should not be threatened mid year by "memos" because of crap like this.

Every NFL player was told "no more lining up behind your teammate and no more pushing him forward".

Jones brushing by Svitek to make a stun play is not what that rule is meant for. At all.

It's ourtageous to claim it is.

[/QUOTE]

He PUSHED!

That resulted in a W.

Who in this forum said TB played good?

Any one?  Show of hands?

Only in your sick little mind.

Making crap up as usual.

Oh, and THE O-LINE, RECEIVERS, RBS, AND THE D , COACHING, ALL SUCKED TOO!

ALL OF THEM!

Thanks BB.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

I hate rules too.  I remember how much I hated that silly tuck rule against the Raiders.  Rules suck.  The NFL should not have rules. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Team B is the defense.

[/QUOTE]

Dude, you're so annoying. This is why some people cannot stand you here.

Brady SUCKED. You just cut and pasted your exact same comment in another thread as if it's gospel. It isn't.

YOU ARE WRONG.

Jerome Boger said "any kind of a push" is considered a push, which essentially means any contact of your body stunting and running into a teammate is now  a penalty which is utterly preposterous.

The rule is about someone lining up behind a D Lineman and pushing him from behind, squarely from behind through the play to get an advantage.

Jones sidestepped Svitek to stunt and was doing nothing more than using Svitek as a guide so he could slip through on his stunt move.

That's it.

Do you really think Jones or any other DT have not done that all year long in the many PATs and FGs?

How is that even possible?  All of a sudden, Chris Jones is guilty of a phantom push iN OT?

You, NAS, Pezzy, etc, are all doing that to try to cast blame on BB for having Jones on the field for our team and to deflect from Brady's putrid second half, most of the half when he had open guys and all day to throw.

Days and days of time and he still sucked putting our D back on the field over and over and over!

SB 46 ring a bell? Does it?

We didn't get to OT in SB 46, but we did today and the GOlden Boy STILL couldn't bail himself out.

But, you're wrong on this particular bagjob call, as is Mike Perreira.

This is what exactly why refs should not be threatened mid year by "memos" because of crap like this.

Every NFL player was told "no more lining up behind your teammate and no more pushing him forward".

Jones brushing by Svitek to make a stun play is not what that rule is meant for. At all.

It's ourtageous to claim it is.

[/QUOTE]

Dude, settle down.  I watched a different view of the play (maybe you need to see the other view too) and Jones did exactly what he was flagged for.  I didn't say anything about the defense or the offense or anything else.  I  commented about the call.  At first I thought it was a bogus call, now after seeing the other view and reading the rule Jones did what he was flagged for.  Do we see that call much this season?  No.  But he did do exactly what he was flagged for.  Sorry.

And the reason I post the same thing in different threads is because there are several threads talking about the same thing.  You are annoying, that's why people don't like you here. 

Sections
Shortcuts