NASCAR: The single-greatest sport ever!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

... need I say more? 

(for those who have been reading the Tebow/Christianity thread thoroughly, you will understand this)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: NASCAR: The single-greatest sport ever!

You drink beer in the sun for 6 hours and watch things go around in circles really fast.

It sounds like a BBQ at my friends place watching his 3yr old chase the dog around the tree while under a sugar high

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Can only be improved by having roller derby girls drive the cars.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainbowroosie. Show rainbowroosie's posts

The third level definition of sport is:

"diversion; recreation; pleasant pastime"

NASCAR qualifies under this definition.Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Quite frankly, this post is spot on, whether you like racing or not.  The facts are in: Advertising dollars for racing dwarfs all other sports.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

One thing that NASCAR has over the NFL is that you can bring your own cooler of beer into the stands!! But yet we get to enjoy paying $50 to park, and $8 a beer!!

I'd still rather watch tennis than NASCAR!! LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Do you watch it while you drink Mountain Dew in your inflatable pool that's on your lawn? 

The South shall rise again, brother! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: NASCAR: The single-greatest sport ever!:
    [QUOTE]Do you watch it while you drink Mountain Dew in your inflatable pool that's on your lawn?  The South shall rise again, brother! 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

I practice my pickin while I watch...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]Quite frankly, this post is spot on, whether you like racing or not.  The facts are in: Advertising dollars for racing dwarfs all other sports.
    Posted by BTownExpress[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what the flavor-of-the-month is on television right now, but by this logic, you could make the case that Keeping Up With the Kardashians (or . . .   you know . . .   whatever) is the "greatest television show ever" because an inordinate number of morons line up each week to watch it.

Not to slight racing fans, but judging the quality of an event by the people who watch it and how marketers try to sway them is kind of assinine.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: NASCAR: The single-greatest sport ever!": [QUOTE]Quite frankly, this post is spot on, whether you like racing or not.  The facts are in: Advertising dollars for racing dwarfs all other sports. Posted by BTownExpress[/QUOTE] I doubt that. http://www.askmen.com/sports/business_200/218b_sports_business.html

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NASCAR: The single-greatest sport ever! : I have no idea what the flavor-of-the-month is on television right now, but by this logic, you could make the case that Keeping Up With the Kardashians (or . . .   you know . . .   whatever) is the "greatest television show ever" because an inordinate number of morons line up each week to watch it. Not to slight racing fans, but judging the quality of an event by the people who watch it and how marketers try to sway them is kind of assinine.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Are you telling me we shouldn't all model ourselves after the Jersey Shore?

Come on man... I just got my umpa lumpa tanning oil from CVS and some 10K gold chains from the pawn shops at the crossing   Frown

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I'd rather watch Wipeout. No, really.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I'm a car nut and you don't get any better American muscle car than what they run on the Nascar circuit. If you're into the intricacies and you have a driver to root for it's pretty entertaining. What Tony Stewart did to win the Cup is one of the more amazing feats I've seen in any sport in a single season. How Ever OP if you are serious I don't think you'll get much support on this forum.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I was invited to the Daytona 500 once by a sponsor my firm was working for. Great seats in and out of the box.  I literally fell asleep 5 minutes into the race.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to NASCAR: The single-greatest sport ever!:
    [QUOTE]... need I say more?  (for those who have been reading the  Tebow/Christianity thread thoroughly, you will understand this)
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

Did you happen to notice the title of this forum?

"Patriots; on the front burner".

I don't see nascar anywhere in there.

Of, course, I can read.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Aug-GGGH, <vomiting> AugggHHHHHH, Arrrgg- AGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

If "diversion; recreation; pleasant pastime" makes something a sport then we need a Hall of Fame for masterbation.

I elect Tim Tebow as it's first inducte.

Instead of winning one for the Gipper. The Bronco's are winning one for the gripper

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]   If "diversion; recreation; pleasant pastime" makes something a sport then we need a Hall of Fame for masterbation.      I elect Tim Tebow as it's first inducte.  Instead of winning one for the Gipper. The Bronco's are winning one for the gripper
    Posted by Mungomunro[/QUOTE]

ROFL you are right, if that's the qualification for being a sport then it's a sport.

BTW - NASCAR is one of those things I'd rather do then watch. Much like paintball, NASCAR, golf, soccer I get no enjoyment from watching but I do enjoy playing

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

NASCAR a sport?  A sport?  Might be dangerous, might be fast but an athletic display?  Of what sitting on your duff?  Not a sport.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NASCAR: The single-greatest sport ever! : Love muscle cars and driving, HATE watching people drive. One of the best museums I've ever been in is this one: http://www.pioneerautoshow.com/inventory.php http://www.pioneerautoshow.com/tour-cars.php First car in the museum?  The General Lee.  Yep. No one was in there, so we climbed in and out of the window and filmed it.  haha
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

F^&K yeah dog. I'd of hopped in that bad boy and done my best Roscoe P Coltrane impression.LMAO. If I ever get out that direction I'll check it out. I watch those Mecum Auto auctions all the time but realize I'd need to hit the lottery just buy half of those cars.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I wouldn't say it is but, but this years Cup playoffs was the best ever, watching Tony Stewart win 5 races and the trophy on a tie breaker 5 wins to 1

Sections
Shortcuts