NATE EBNER- if you are watching the game and can evaluate, you can see him starting with chung out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: NATE EBNER- if you are watching the game and can evaluate, you can see him starting with chung out

In Response to Re: NATE EBNER- if you are watching the game and can evaluate, you can see him starting with chung out:
    [QUOTE]I hope he makes it and turns out to be the strong safety that this team needs. Having said that, let's face it, that is a major long shot. He made a nice pick and he also got beat a lot, but at least on the plays he got beat the quarterback had to make very good throws. When I read that Chung went out of the game with an injury, the first thing I thought was...of course he did, he must of tackled someone. This guy's body just can't hold up to NFL contact - I'm sorry, but almost every time he's in the middle of a big collision he comes up grabbing something or limping somewhere.   
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

that is a major long shot.

a lng shot hes making steps toward every day. we'll see

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: NATE EBNER- if you are watching the game and can evaluate, you can see him starting with chung out

I know cult heroes get a lot of notoriety in Patriot Nation but let's not jump the gun, when Chung went out the Eagles passing game just got a little easier. 

They were marching down the field effortlessly when the Eagles back up QB under threw the receiver on that pick that otherwise would have been a TD, we can always use another big safety but let's not get a chubby over the fact that he played rugby.  Will he make the team, highly likely, start over Chung? Not unless Chung is permanently hurt.  Then we better hope he can play for cripes sakes...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: NATE EBNER- if you are watching the game and can evaluate, you can see him starting with chung out:
    [QUOTE]I know cult heroes get a lot of notoriety in Patriot Nation but let's not jump the gun, when Chung went out the Eagles passing game just got a little easier.  They were marching down the field effortlessly when the Eagles back up QB under threw the receiver on that pick that otherwise would have been a TD, we can always use another big safety but let's not get a chubby over the fact that he played rugby.  Will he make the team, highly likely, start over Chung? Not unless Chung is permanently hurt.  Then we better hope he can play for cripes sakes...
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

yes be nice if chunbg stayed in all year. but i hopt eebner continues making improvement

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommpper. Show Stommpper's posts

I'm sorry but only a few seem to be thinking clearly on this issue about Mr. Ebner

Now, in my opinion, He makes the team easily, and here is why....

Last years so called pro's in comparison to Mr. Ebner,
    They had years of experience and were beaten constantly, every one of them!

Mr. Ebner, with almost no experience has shown he's a ball hawk, can make game saving or game turning interceptions (so far 1 in every game)..Yes he has been beaten, BUT, is totally new to what is taking place and learning at a mind boggling pace.

He has intense closing speed, hit's like a Mack truck, and unlike most, can take a beating and get up from it with a smile.

We can all agree Bill B is one of the smartest head coaches to be in the game, now do you really think he takes a player such as Nate Ebner, starts to groom this man into a defensive night mare and lets him walk away to be a prospect on some other coache's sheet?
    I say no way in hellllllllllllllllllll.
    Some way, some how, Nate Ebner will be a Patriot at the start of regular season.

On a sad Note, I think it is obvious that Pat Chung's body will not hold up to the pressure of the NFL... Unfortunately his door seems to be closing but as it does Mr. Ebner's seems to be thankfully opening.
    Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

i confess to not seeing as much as those who watched on tv, as i was streaming. so you can be sure i had less to go on. but what i did see was him closing on the ball, good tackling, being in range to make a tackle, running all over the field, and when a ball is nearby, making the interception. he didnt grow up with american football, so i expect his knowledge to improve.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I'm sorry but only a few seem to be thinking clearly on this issue about Mr. Ebner Now, in my opinion, He makes the team easily, and here is why.... Last years so called pro's in comparison to Mr. Ebner, They had years of experience and were beaten constantly, every one of them! Mr. Ebner, with almost no experience has shown he's a ball hawk, can make game saving or game turning interceptions (so far 1 in every game)..Yes he has been beaten, BUT, is totally new to what is taking place and learning at a mind boggling pace. He has intense closing speed, hit's like a Mack truck, and unlike most, can take a beating and get up from it with a smile. We can all agree Bill B is one of the smartest head coaches to be in the game, now do you really think he takes a player such as Nate Ebner, starts to groom this man into a defensive night mare and lets him walk away to be a prospect on some other coache's sheet? I say no way in hellllllllllllllllllll. Some way, some how, Nate Ebner will be a Patriot at the start of regular season. On a sad Note, I think it is obvious that Pat Chung's body will not hold up to the pressure of the NFL... Unfortunately his door seems to be closing but as it does Mr. Ebner's seems to be thankfully opening.  
    Posted by Stommpper[/QUOTE]

"Last years so called pro's in comparison to Mr. Ebner,
    They had years of experience and were beaten constantly, every one of them!"

thanks for pointing out what i hope i did.

and ditto on the rest you wrote.

keep up the observations!

peace

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NATE EBNER- if you are watching the game and can evaluate, you can see him starting with chung out : Foles impressed me more than Mallet or Hoyer. by far
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

Foles played with the starting offence against the 2's or 3's defence after the second possession...Did not even dress-Wilfork,Mayo,Mccourty Arrington...

Both Mallott and Hoyer played with out the top 4 passing targets, 2's and 3's OL against the top igles D.

igles needed TWO red zone turn overs to remain competitive.... 

HOW is that comparable??? Just troll speak....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In Response to NATE EBNER- if you are watching the game and can evaluate, you can see him starting with chung out:
    [QUOTE]make it so bb. if we didnt have chung i could potentially see him starting by seasons end.

mebbe ur wish is true w/ chung shoulder injury...lol

Ebner seems to be at the right place at the right time...and holding onto the balls. Took Samuel many seasons before he was able to hang onto the football.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Would be nice if he turns out good.  There was that draft study last year and it showed the odds of 6th and 7th rounders turning out to be starters was something like less than 1 in 100.  If he even turns out to be decent I'll be happy- safety play last year was weak.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Would be nice if he turns out good.  There was that draft study last year and it showed the odds of 6th and 7th rounders turning out to be starters was something like less than 1 in 100.  If he even turns out to be decent I'll be happy- safety play last year was weak.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

+1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to NATE EBNER- if you are watching the game and can evaluate, you can see him starting with chung out : mebbe ur wish is true w/ chung shoulder injury...lol Ebner seems to be at the right place at the right time...and holding onto the balls. Took Samuel many seasons before he was able to hang onto the football.
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

nice point.
    dont know if id wish the injury on chung.
    however those critiquing ebners coverage skills at this point (very early for him), 
    chung is not a cover safey either.
    we didnt have one last year (a safety who can defend [ie stop the catch] a pass to a receiver more times than not)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanInOz. Show PatsFanInOz's posts

Aussie Rules Footie is very different from the Rugby played by Ebner. Aussie Rules players tend to be thinner and taller, comparitively, as they do a bunch of jumping for balls. Rugby on the other hand is a brutal smashmouth sport. Here in Australia there are two flavours of it, Rugby League and Rugby Union with different rules and vehement supporters/haters of one vs. the other in both camps. After living here for 7 plus years, I have yet to follow any of that and just watch the NFL via NFL Gamepass.

[QUOTE]The skills he had playing his aussie ball translate very well, in theory, to Safety. We shall see. He and Mesko can prctice scrums together! Am I totally butchering australian rules vs rugby?
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Seems to be that football is relatively a new sport to him, so he may still be moving up fast on the learning curve. Seemed like a far shot with high upside during the draft. Now he looks to have a floor of a very good special teamer who can back up at safety. And if he's moving up that curve as much as I hope he is, this kid just might be a starting safety just yet........am I crazy?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I have been rooting for this guy since the day they drafted him. He is very talented, but lacks experience. I also like his story; it is very hard to not root for the guy.

He reminds me a lot of when people were going crazy over Edelman. I honestly think that Ebner can be something in this league, and he appears to have good natural ball skills.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seymonster. Show seymonster's posts

all you need to know right here 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I think this guy definitely makes the team. If Sergio Brown could make the team last yr Ebner can make it this yr.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NATE EBNER- if you are watching the game and can evaluate, you can see him starting with chung out : Foles impressed me more than Mallet or Hoyer. by far

For the most part Foles played against rookies and second string. Mallet looked pretty good in the 1st quarter against Philly's starters. He definately looked better than Hoyer. But we also sat our top four receivers, the O line is screwed up and we played with screen passes more frequently than we'd run them in an actual game.

From the Eagles' view they'll probably need to call on Foles more than we'll be sending out Mallet or Hoyer ( knock on JetMangione's head ).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Kids going to be a STAR in the mold of Troy Polamalu.  Mark it down that I said it first.  He's Quick, Strong, Smart with great ball skills.  He has all the intangibles.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]Kids going to be a STAR in the mold of Troy Polamalu.  Mark it down that I said it first.  He's Quick, Strong, Smart with great ball skills.  He has all the intangibles.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

He gets his head turned around and finds the ball better than any DB that the Pats have had in a long time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: NATE EBNER- if you are watching the game and can evaluate, you can see him starting with chung out": [QUOTE]Kids going to be a STAR in the mold of Troy Polamalu.  Mark it down that I said it first.  He's Quick, Strong, Smart with great ball skills.  He has all the intangibles. Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE] Got it, will remember Tcal said it first.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: NATE EBNER- if you are watching the game and can evaluate, you can see him starting with chung out": Got it, will remember Tcal said it first.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

He has looked good and you can never have too many bullets in your gunbelt.

I really don't care about the eagles but, Vick might not get his job back if this kid Foles plays the way he did Monday consistently.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE] :) the legend growing slowly

Yes, I am a fan since day one.  How can someone not root for a guy like that. I hope he makes it and turns into one of those NFL legend stories.  How cool would that be.

The funny thing is, when he was running the INT back, his rugby youtube video was running through my mind.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatthefaulk. Show whatthefaulk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NATE EBNER- if you are watching the game and can evaluate, you can see him starting with chung out : Yes, I am a fan since day one.  How can someone not root for a guy like that. I hope he makes it and turns into one of those NFL legend stories.  How cool would that be. The funny thing is, when he was running the INT back, his rugby youtube video was running through my mind.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

I was getting ready for him to backward pass the ball ha.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

If he ever gets a pick-6 I hope he scores it like a rugby try.