Nate Silver Picks Patriots vs Seashawks SuperBowl

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Re: Nate Silver Picks Patriots vs Seashawks SuperBowl

Nate Silver is gold! One of the best, if not the best, in stat analysis. Of course there are factors he can't measure like  game injuries (please no) And the little thing called execution.

All in all though this is a very positive predication. And it would be a great SB match up.

One game at a time... Thanks Nate and GO PATS!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to darwk's comment:

Nate Silver is gold! One of the best, if not the best, in stat analysis. Of course there are factors he can't measure like  game injuries (please no) And the little thing called execution.

All in all though this is a very positive predication. And it would be a great SB match up.

One game at a time... Thanks Nate and GO PATS!

YES, one game at a time.. like the Pats' odds though!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Seattle vs. San Francisco in the NFCCG. Atlanta is a joke and the Seahawks are going to destroy them. And with Justin Smith back in the line up for San Fran, Aaron Rodgers is going to be on his back all game long. 

Also, Clemons was valuable, but Irving is no joke either. Matt Ryan is Peyton jr. 0-3 to start his playoff career. 

I am a Pat fan but a 49er fan too and I see the quandary. Balts win and  home field for AFL title instead of 5000 ft up in Denver.

We have a quandary too. Do we want home field to play the Seahawks which no one wants. They won last 3 reg season games by 50 pt average & thrashed the 49ers. Or do we want to play Atlanta on their home court.

Personally, I want Seattle in SF.  If we don't beat them, we don't deserve to be in the SB. Want a Pat-49er superbowl as NY ruined it last year & Pats didn't get revenge for loss to Giants 2 years ago and lost again. Happy NY out at 9-7 which is what they got in with last year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

That's nice because it has our team in the result favorably but it means nothing. Games are not played on paper and metrics do not acocunt for match ups or any number of other factors.

I'll give you a metric that is obvious to everyone. If Brady AND the offense put up a 14 or 17 point dud of a game in either the playoffs or SB AGAIN. The Patriots will NOT win.

That is all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4738221/nate-silver-predicts-patriots-seahawks-super-bowl

Check out the Nate Silver interview...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

If you don't know who Nate Silver is then google the dude.

Nate Silver picks a Patriots vs Seahawks SuperBowl and said he would take the Patriots.

Also, Nate said Patriots and Broncos are the two best teams in football right now.  Said if the Patriots play Denver in the NFC Championship then that is really the SuperBowl game. 

Sure it's all about his stat/metrics system but the dude is pretty amazing to listen to.  Kind of hard to pick against his logic.  Hope he is correct with this one!

Those were my picks as well.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

will not be as easy to defend against hou this time around. their fast te will play. pats may need to score more than 24.

they will be blitzing like hell. with reed back also, they may get to brady a smidge faster. hou might just get to tb soon enough if pats don't mix up their attack

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I enjoy Nate Silver but in politics he is using polls which if rated for accuracy and correctly weighted can accurately predict an electoral outcome. Even at the height of Romney's surge he had Obama winning. If a state is polled 10 times and nine of them have candidate A winning then candidate A has like a 95 - 99% chance of winning that state. In football the upsets happen way more than 1% of the time. I'm sure silver would have had the Patriots winning the super bowl in 2007. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Well... Clemmons is a bigger deal than what some people here are saying. I believe he's the soul of that DL. Irvin may have as much talent and will get about the same pressure at the QB. That said, Clemmon's value to that DL goes beyond that. 

That said, I'd probably be happy to see a SEA vs NWE SB. Watching the game is kinda lonely when the neighbors are not playing.

Sections
Shortcuts