Nate Silver Super Bowl Prediction

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Nate Silver Super Bowl Prediction

NE-SEA

It was on First Take. Missed how he calculated it. Doubt you can calculate these things like baseball because football is moreso matchup based than who has the best team all around.

Nonetheless, lets see if Mr. Silver is right

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Nate Silver Super Bowl Prediction

Sorry dapats, I must of been typing my thread as you were posting your.

If you don't know who Nate Silver is then google the dude.

Nate Silver picks a Patriots vs Seahawks SuperBowl and said he would take the Patriots.

Also, Nate said Patriots and Broncos are the two best teams in football right now.  Said if the Patriots play Denver in the NFC Championship then that is really the SuperBowl game. 

Sure it's all about his stat/metrics system but the dude is pretty amazing to listen to.  Kind of hard to pick against his logic.  Hope he is correct with this one!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I know who Nate Silver is. I know he got all 50 states right in the election and touched up on baseball. Just don't know how it applies to football. Again, I missed his explanation.

Only thing I question is that I heard him talk about the significance of head coach/and the QB. So I'm wondering why he went with SEA over GB

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

And did he say NE and Denver were the best teams? I honestly think you can make a very good case for 6 of the 8 remaining teams, which is why this will be a very exciting playoffs.

I've been under the impression that NE and Den have been the odds on favorites because theyre really playing in a two team conference, while the NFC has for respectable teams.

Oh well, hopefully he's right about the NE part at least

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

And did he say NE and Denver were the best teams? I honestly think you can make a very good case for 6 of the 8 remaining teams, which is why this will be a very exciting playoffs.

I've been under the impression that NE and Den have been the odds on favorites because theyre really playing in a two team conference, while the NFC has for respectable teams.

Oh well, hopefully he's right about the NE part at least

That is for sure. They do have the odds in their favor because they essentially only have to go through each other.

Funny thing ...  Silver has the same SB prediction I have. 

Pats over Seahawks. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Yes, he did.  Here is the full video from today.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8831714

Sections
Shortcuts