Nate Solder Really!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zeoli42. Show Zeoli42's posts

Nate Solder Really!!!!!!

That might be a need but with Daquan Bowers and Cam Jordan on the board are the Pats ever going to adresse the Pass rush

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Nate Solder Really!!!!!!

This means Mankins will be singed and traded, or basically no one will put a finger on Brady....

I don't see whats wrong with that.

6'9 315 and athletic???? I like it.. not sexy, but I like it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

Devin McCourty Really!!!!!!

Sorry, I just had a flash-back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Sebastion Vollmer really?!?

I think they've done more research than anybody here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

He doesn't fill the immediate impact need we were all hoping to with this pick, but let's be honest, this is Bill being Bill and that is smart.  He realizes that between retirement, injuries, and dissetion in the ranks the O line is in desperate need.  Even more than the D line if we can all be real about this. 

With a good Strength and Conditioning Coach and Dante Scarnecchia
    who lives for guys like this, Nate could very well be a Pro Bowl lineman in a few years.  The pick lacks flash but it has a great deal of substance. 

The only real downside to this pick is that Brady is going to need platform shoes to see his targets between Seabass and this guy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

Logan Mankins really?!?!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Plus look how young the defense was last year.  The Defense will be better next year by default (well kinda) while the O-line is just getting older.  I was hoping for a DE, but this actually makes sense, they still have a 1st round pick, but if they don't pick a good pass rusher....then Idk. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Great pick that fits a real need.  we were too light on OT. other than Vollmer we didn't have any quality long term players.  Just wondering what why they didn't pick Costanzo instead?? 

Plenty of good DE and OLBs will be available at 28.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

In Response to Re: Nate Solder Really!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Just wondering what why they didn't pick Costanzo instead?? 
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]

Costanzo is more ready to go now, but Nate under the right system and tutelage has a higher ceiling. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]Devin McCourty Really!!!!!! Sorry, I just had a flash-back.
    Posted by e4smith[/QUOTE]

Yea and they lost in the first round with NO PASS RUSH.  They could have taken an OL at 28.  No pass rush has equaled no super bowl for this team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vpindi. Show vpindi's posts

I like the pick. Probably we will pick Mohammad wilkerson/brooks reed with 33 rd pick. I would love if they pick another OL with 28th pick. I think we have adequate DL (may be stroud/brace) will get better?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Solder's intelligence:  he's a premed.  He can always become a doctor after the NFL.

"Solder impressed during the interview stage. His strong G.P.A in college (3.52) in a extremely difficult major (biology) did not go unnoticed. " -- http://www.ralphiereport.com/2011/3/1/2024278/recapping-the-nfl-combine-for-nate-solder-and-jimmy-smith

Solder's arm length:  35 1/2 inches, from the nfl combine web page.  This is what BB loves.  At some point BB explained that defensive players with long arms can get around offensive players with shorter arms, while offensive players with longer arms latch on to defensive players and neutralize them for the rest of the play.  Solder is also 6'8" or 6'9" and can afford some more bulk on his frame.

Solder is explosive for a big guy.  He can really handle Dwight Freeney.  Top scores in the 20 yard shuttle, vertical jump and broad jump.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Lost to the Jets and are wasting years of the best QB in history...Really?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

We already were doing a decent job protecting Brady and now we are going to have a rookie or rookies doing it....this is better? Really?! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

We have two first round picks next year!! Like this year and last and last and last and last...and we never use both of em! Really?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]We already were doing a decent job protecting Brady and now we are going to have a rookie or rookies doing it....this is better? Really?! 
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Have you not heard?  Mankins may not play, Light is not signed and Kazcur has a bad back... that leaves Vollmer and thres others that i'm not so sure i know theirnames....... so in all a great pick right????????

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from itllnevahapn. Show itllnevahapn's posts

could of got him at 28 while drafting a solid DL