NATIONAL BREAKING STORY!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

NATIONAL BREAKING STORY!!!

MY God...I can't even believe that NOONE has began a thread on this News Sensation (Seriously!?!?)...

~Former Raiders QB, Jamarcus Russell Has been arrested after a 2 month Police Investigation, for having prescription cough syrup, and the police found no prescription at the immediate time!  This cough syrup is sometimes mixed with candy and soda pop, and has been known to cause a little more of a "buzz" than alcohol...  People like to add jolly Ranchers at the bottom of the soda, and both are full of sugar.  Apparently, This concoction is somewhat HUGE in a small poor section of Houston's small outskirts by a few people, especially at a 1 particular bar, which I currently forget the name of in the article I read just now!  ALSO, John Jolly (I think?), A mediocre role player on Green Bay, HIMself, was in some car somewhere, when it was stopped by the police, And they found a small amount of Dr. Pepper in a soda bottle, which they suspected might have smelled like it had cough syrup maybe mixed in!  AND!...There was some Rap Artist, named DJ "something-like-'Easy' or something', and THAT guy actually died...well, from alcohol poisoning...but they STRONGLY believe that there was this cough syrup as well in his blood (but they're somewhat unsure).  AND...Man, I guess there was some College Basketball player who died I believe too (although, I know forget...maybe he was just banned though)!  Anyway, JaMarcus Russel was released on a $2500 bond, AND he just might get probation...OR Drug Court...OR, mayybe BOTH!

Hold on...that doesn't look good enough, I gotta try this again using my Engl. dble major skills here...alright:

~Former #1 OVERALL Draft selection, QB Jamarcus Russell, Recently Released from The Oakland Raiders, who are SUEING Russel for amount paid in coming years, HAS been arrested for POSSESSION of a Doctor Prescription Syrup, which has BOTH Codeine AND Promethazine...CODEINE IS a Controlled Substance People!  It requires a Doctor Prescription, AND Jamarcus Russell could NOT immediately provide the INVESTIGATING Officer WITH one.  BOTH  of these substances CAN (possibly) cause ALTERED States of Consciousness AND Sedation (when used in large quantities).  BOTH, Can be addictive...In Fact, On ESPN's coverage of this breaking story, 1 Analyst DID say that THIS substance can be JUST as addictive as Marijuana, Cocaine, And/Or Heroin.  Rap Star(s) have died, NFL and Basketball Players have had issues with this substance, AND it's sweeping from Texas to the Deep South at near lightning speed.  Beginning in The Houston slums in the mid-1990's, This substance got it's start in a notorious inner-city slum known for guns, crime AND violence.  Commonly, This codeine syrup is mixed in a beverage with candy for sweetness, And used at nightclubs, bars and raves...  Apparently, It has a variety of "Street Names" such as "Lean", "Purple Drank", and "Sizzurp."  It IS a controlled substance, and thus Russell IS charged with a FELONY.  Russell was just released on a hefty Cash Bond, and is scheduled for a soon Court Appearance regarding this Drug Bust.  When Russel was originally arrested in this sting operation, there were SEVERAL people partying at Russell's property.  This becomes a HUGE-blow pertaining to JaMarcus Russell's career and his overall future... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: NATIONAL BREAKING STORY!!!

You got my vote.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

I saw this yesterday but its not as big a deal because its Russell. Lots of people drink cough syrup. People also huff gas and drink mouthwash. Russell's only crime here is that he didn't stick with alcohol the national and approved drug. Then the story would be that he drank, beat his girlfriend, ran over a homeless man, fled the scene of an accident and later shot up a nightclub with an unregistered handgun.

Oooooo the cough syrup had codeine in it. That's a narcotic! He was taking narcotics!

If the government legalized some good drugs people wouldn't be sniffing glue instead.

He's a chode and no one expects him to do anything in football again ever anyway. If this was

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: NATIONAL BREAKING STORY!!!:
    You got my vote.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

LOL!...It's all in the delivery.  See, I got the "spin-factor" skill in my genes...I just wish I could use it to get these call-girls outta my pad right now, I mean these chicks think I owe them for BOTH the candy and the tricks.  Seriously?  I mean, IF you ain't even bringin' enough beer over to last through the night, the whole deals off, imo.  Needless, to say...In My desired future Campaign Run for The Presidency, the whole "Morality Issue" might come up once or twice...But, I ain't scared of them OR their p!mp.  Wha-...what were talkin' about here?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I saw this yesterday but its not as big a deal because its Russell. Lots of people drink cough syrup. People also huff gas and drink mouthwash. Russell's only crime here is that he didn't stick with alcohol the national and approved drug. Then the story would be that he drank, beat his girlfriend, ran over a homeless man, fled the scene of an accident and later shot up a nightclub with an unregistered handgun. Oooooo the cough syrup had codeine in it. That's a narcotic! He was taking narcotics! If the government legalized some good drugs people wouldn't be sniffing glue instead. He's a chode and no one expects him to do anything in football again ever anyway. If this was
    Posted by TheFantasyBaron

The best part for me, Is that it was a 2 Month, 2 MONTH Sting Operation...  Hey, ya gotta pay the big bucks in order to make our streets safer at night though...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: NATIONAL BREAKING STORY!!! : The best part for me, Is that it was a 2 Month, 2 MONTH Sting Operation...  Hey, ya gotta pay the big bucks in order to make our streets safer at night though...
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

I think we should all be thankful that they haven't called of the "War on Drugs".
    When I first saw this story a couple of days ago they played it up like the guy had a 55 gallon drum full of liquid codeine and then when you find out it was cough syrup you shake your head and wonder how many thousands of dollars were wasted on this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Gasp!  Ex jock abusing pain killers?  
    They should cut off his peepee and send him to prison for life 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

The Cops are the bigger jokers in this one. Ooooooh, cough syrup. Brett Favre, on the other hand, was popping pills and washing it down with bourbon. To each their own. How much money was wasted on this? I guarantee they nabbed him to lend the absurd case some credibility...unfortunately, nobody told those redneck dummies that Jamarcus was a bust.

Tax payer dollars at work.

Why are we trillions of dollars in debt?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The addictive properties of codeine are nothing to make light of and if you aren't familiar with the widespread abuse of "Drank" you should probably go make fun of something you know a little bit more than nothing about.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Yea its the cops fault that we are in debt and not the morons running this country. Get a grip. It was pure codeine by the way not f*cking night quill and part of the reason he was too fat to play was because he was mixing it with soda and candy and getting so f*cked up he couldnt get off his couch. Compeering it to Brett Farve is dumb, first of all that happened in what 1996 when technology was completely different and it was a lot harder to bust someone. He was using prescriptions pills he was just over using them and drinking bourbon is legal last time i checked. He was an addict but he also realized it was a problem and went to rehab what did Russell do other then take the Raiders for 60 millions dollars so he could get high. Russell got busted because his name kept coming up over and over again as a person who was buying the drug off someone the cops were watching so its not like they wasted all kinds of money doing a sting to catch Russell they simply had too much evidence against him to not arrest him. It was a good bust. And how exactly is the case absurd? they are busting someone who is selling a drug, a drug that by the way you can overdose on and getting that guy off the street how is that absurd?
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

Actually, it was something like nyquil. Cough syrup containing codeine is available only by prescription. Far as I can tell, pure codeine syrup does not exist...except maybe in a manufactoring facility.

You can overdose on tylenol much more easily, and yet...I can go buy a pallet-full.

EVERY marijuana arrest costs, on average, $1000 to the public. Do you not see a problem with that? The seller with 5 lbs? $1000. The 16 year old with 3 grams? $1000. Now, how much do you think 2 months of monitoring costs? And after 2 months, they busted Jamarcus Russell. Wow. That was worth it. I'm thinking 4 cops, 40 hrs a week, 8 weeks, roughly $30 per hour...$9600? Well, they got 2500 back from the bond. Only costing about 7 grand now. If they can nab 3 more NFL QBs, they'll about break even!

Favre was addicted to painkillers and that's fine. Jamarcus is and people want to hang him. How's that double-standard working for you? I don't care about EITHER junkie, just pointing out the facts. Oh, but you couldn't get caught so easily back then, so it's ok. And one more thing, Favre abusing prescriptions with alcohol is ok, Russell doing the same is not. Sure, I bet Favre had a prescription for some, but nobody holds a scrip for that many, and they are supposed to be filled on a very strict schedule.

The case is absurd because JUNKIES DON'T BELONG IN PRISON! They need help. Filing them away in a prison does nothing to correct the problem, only increase it. The morons running this country do nothing to point the morons with badges in the right direction. So then it's left to the morons with keyboards to argue about it! GOODNIGHT!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: NATIONAL BREAKING STORY!!! : Actually, it was something like nyquil.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

Well, if you mean it was in liquid form, I guess this statement is technically accurate. Water is something like vodka, too, but I wouldn't try to make that comparison if I wanted people to put any credence to my opinion.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"The addictive properties of codeine are nothing to make light of and if you aren't familiar with the widespread abuse of "Drank" you should probably go make fun of something you know a little bit more than nothing about."

....My favorite part is how Prairie has called me something to the effect of "this forum's most long-winded bl#whard" (or something like that), but he himself, took it personally, That one-half of the original topmost post satirized the ravaging widespread galaxy-wide virus that affects every known species resulting from the combination of cough syrup and soda.  The final justification being: the rhetorical accuracy of comparing water and vodka is accurate...but d^mb.  That's good stuff....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Interesting.

Actually, the term was "windbag," but you made your point, and the fact is, at the time it was taken in context and I thought we understood each other.

The reason I take your flippant manner in this particular case "personally" is because I do, in fact, deal with these people on a regular basis, and you're wrong when you casually refer to Drank as "cough syrup."

It isn't.

And more than that, I'm kind of surprised that you would not only go to your usual over-indulgent (if ill-informed) lengths to speechify on a subject you clearly know absolutely nothing about -- in much the same way you claim a double-major in English and can't complete a cogent thought -- but to actually call me out when I make my own thoughts on the matter known very concisely and succinctly (two things you also clearly know nothing about) is beyond stupefying.

I've never had anything personal against you, Laz -- you're perfectly free to think what you like and pretend to be whomever you choose on this forum. Some people find you amusing (and I think we both know you'd die if they didn't -- why else would you spend SO much time being SO obtuse --all the while believing you're channeling James Joyce with all that wonderful free-association and stream-of-consciousness that you seem to think nobody on the board recgonizes as thoughtlessness in disguise), and that's okay with me.

But you're a deuschebag on this one, my man, and I'm done with you in this thread.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Interesting. Actually, the term was "windbag," but you made your point, and the fact is, at the time it was taken in context and I thought we understood each other. The reason I take your flippant manner in this particular case "personally" is because I do, in fact, deal with these people on a regular basis, and you're wrong when you casually refer to Drank as "cough syrup." It isn't. And more than that, I'm kind of surprised that you would not only go to your usual over-indulgent (if ill-informed) lengths to speechify on a subject you clearly know absolutely nothing about -- in much the same way you claim a double-major in English and can't complete a cogent thought -- but to actually call me out when I make my own thoughts on the matter known very concisely and succinctly (two things you also clearly know nothing about) is beyond stupefying. I've never had anything personal against you, Laz -- you're perfectly free to think what you like and pretend to be whomever you choose on this forum. Some people find you amusing (and I think we both know you'd die if they didn't -- why else would you spend SO much time being SO obtuse --all the while believing you're channeling James Joyce with all that wonderful free-association and stream-of-consciousness that you seem to think nobody on the board recgonizes as thoughtlessness in disguise), and that's okay with me. But you're a deuschebag on this one, and I'm done with you in this thread.
    Posted by p-mike

How dare you insult Laz!  No one insults Laz!  Not even the great prairie-mike!  Laz the obnificent!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: NATIONAL BREAKING STORY!!! : How dare you insult Laz!  No one insults Laz!  Not even the great prairie-mike!  Laz the obnificent!

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, mighty, and guess that Laz will take it all in stride.

Cool

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Seems to me codeine is the important part here, not cough syrup.  I'm guessing if you gave Jamarcus cough syrup from a store he would not be interested, he was after the effects of codeine and the specific method to which he got that drug into his system is irrelevant. 

I generally support less government, and peoples freedom to do whatever they want as long as it doesn't impede on the freedoms of others, even if what they want causes harm to themselves.  Yet I'm not sure that legallizing all drugs, and making prescription only drugs available to everyone is a good idea.  Seems kind of like making TNT available at Walmart to anyone.  People should be able to get TNT, but maybe we should check that they are sane, they are adults and have some reason to use it before we let them buy it.  Which is basically how codeine is treated- Legal, but by prescription only.  An argument could be made for Marijuana legalization since it is far different and not available by prescription (except in some states).  But I think letting that argument transfer over to all drugs is a leap.

Laz, weren't you hooked on some sort of drug at one time?  Would you support making that drug legal and available everywhere in America?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Shenanigan

Once again, you appear as the voice of reason . . .

My point is that codeine -- unlike marijuana, for instance -- is physically addictive. If you let it, codeine will do the same things to your body that the lotus (morphine) does.

It is not something to be f*cking around with and the very fact that people are using the "cough syrup" defense here tells me that this is something a lot of people don't know nearly enough about.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I would say that a lot of this hinges on everybody's lives and environment growing up and through adolescence. I don't particularly think this is that big a deal although that's most likely because I saw and hung around a lot of places where painkillers and or something like prescription cough syrup were used occasionally. I know plenty of people who never did any drugs in their life and they would be horrified if they found out that someone they hung out with was a pot smoker. Although Laz may be a little more liberal than I am I don't see any reason to castigate him for his view point or anybody else for that matter. Nor do I think that it makes him dumb, That's just the way he sees it. There seems to be a lot worse problems in this world than what just happened with Jamarcus Russel. My point above is that the Police love to get their hands on anyone with name value. When this story was first released the details were vague at best and I was led to believe he was some sort of drug kingpin. When you find out what he was really arrested for....Well there is a small difference. He's not going to do any time in jail for this and if he truly has a problem he has enough money to get the best help in the world.

Edit} P.S. If you guys want you can pig pile on me now instead of Laz.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Interesting. Actually, the term was "windbag," but you made your point, and the fact is, at the time it was taken in context and I thought we understood each other. The reason I take your flippant manner in this particular case "personally" is because I do, in fact, deal with these people on a regular basis, and you're wrong when you casually refer to Drank as "cough syrup." It isn't. And more than that, I'm kind of surprised that you would not only go to your usual over-indulgent (if ill-informed) lengths to speechify on a subject you clearly know absolutely nothing about -- in much the same way you claim a double-major in English and can't complete a cogent thought -- but to actually call me out when I make my own thoughts on the matter known very concisely and succinctly (two things you also clearly know nothing about) is beyond stupefying. I've never had anything personal against you, Laz -- you're perfectly free to think what you like and pretend to be whomever you choose on this forum. Some people find you amusing (and I think we both know you'd die if they didn't -- why else would you spend SO much time being SO obtuse --all the while believing you're channeling James Joyce with all that wonderful free-association and stream-of-consciousness that you seem to think nobody on the board recgonizes as thoughtlessness in disguise), and that's okay with me. But you're a deuschebag on this one, my man, and I'm done with you in this thread.
    Posted by p-mike

Well written, Mike.

Thanks for reminding me why I've been ignoring Laz for the past three months.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I would say that a lot of this hinges on everybody's lives and environment growing up and through adolescence. I don't particularly think this is that big a deal although that's most likely because I saw and hung around a lot of places where painkillers and or something like prescription cough syrup were used occasionally. I know plenty of people who never did any drugs in their life and they would be horrified if they found out that someone they hung out with was a pot smoker. Although Laz may be a little more liberal than I am I don't see any reason to castigate him for his view point or anybody else for that matter. Nor do I think that it makes him dumb, That's just the way he sees it. There seems to be a lot worse problems in this world than what just happened with Jamarcus Russel. My point above is that the Police love to get their hands on anyone with name value. When this story was first released the details were vague at best and I was led to believe he was some sort of drug kingpin. When you find out what he was really arrested for....Well there is a small difference. He's not going to do any time in jail for this and if he truly has a problem he has enough money to get the best help in the world. Edit} P.S. If you guys want you can pig pile on me now instead of Laz.
    Posted by ewhite1065

COOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: NATIONAL BREAKING STORY!!! : COOL
    Posted by Tcal2

Just take the spurs off cowboy. LOL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Interesting.
    Actually, the term was "windbag," but you made your point, and the fact is, at the time it was taken in context and I thought we understood each other.
    The reason I take your flippant manner in this particular case "personally" is because I do, in fact, deal with these people on a regular basis, and you're wrong when you casually refer to Drank as "cough syrup."
    It isn't.
    And more than that, I'm kind of surprised that you would not only go to your usual over-indulgent (if ill-informed) lengths to speechify on a subject you clearly know absolutely nothing about -- in much the same way you claim a double-major in English and can't complete a cogent thought -- but to actually call me out when I make my own thoughts on the matter known very concisely and succinctly (two things you also clearly know nothing about) is beyond stupefying.
    I've never had anything personal against you, Laz -- you're perfectly free to think what you like and pretend to be whomever you choose on this forum. Some people find you amusing (and I think we both know you'd die if they didn't -- why else would you spend SO much time being SO obtuse --all the while believing you're channeling James Joyce with all that wonderful free-association and stream-of-consciousness that you seem to think nobody on the board recgonizes as thoughtlessness in disguise), and that's okay with me.
    But you're a deuschebag on this one, my man, and I'm done with you in this thread
    ."

Alright, first I gotta get Alfie outta the way...Alfie, you're a sychophant who's never had an original idea in your life.  And I really feel the need to re-emphasize the sychophant lackey part again.

Shenanigan~ You're a good guy...But just because an embittered little man comments on this thread in a certain light, doesn't mean they even remotely came close to getting the point.

Mike, guess who I was refering to above?  See prairie, I've never even seen you right a post or make acmment that wasn't negative...not a one.  You rarely comment on the Patriots (and that's fine).  I've never even seen you crete a thread at all for that matter (but that's o.k. too...in a way).

See this Mike:
    "How dare you insult Laz!  No one insults Laz!  Not even the great prairie-mike! Laz the obnificent!"  ~mighty

...ya ever do that?  Look deeper Prairie, there's a greater axiom underfoot here, and it sorta goes hand-in-hand with the whole "Thread-Creation" remark.  Have you, Mike-EVER stuck-up for someone?  Got their back, Upon someone picking a fight with them...trying to insult them.  Defered a blow onto yourself.  An it IS alright, saying "No" here. 

~Yet Prairie, Two things of greater significance are at play here:  #1) Your greater motive...The Collected Theme of 99.9% of your posts:  You are rude and derisive towards people.  And man, although it's vastly easier to pick things apart, and step all over them.  Dear God Prairie, At the VERY least don't come into a discussion with alterior motives at the get-go.  The point which I'm making here, is thus:  Did you actuallly READ the title, because you certainly didn't comprehend the largest intention of this subject matter: 

FIRST Post Pararaph 1:  Facts, but "facts" lacking any staying power-That eye-catching "oomph" (great term)...A telling of the Jamarcus Russell details, that would never see the all-important "ESPN Front-Page" sensationalized media circus (which we've ALL commented on in varying threads on this very board).  FIRST Post Paragraph 2:  Facts strung together in a completely DIFFERENT light...  Star, Hero archetype's fall from grace (and on and on).

Man, I'd like to think the problem here, Is that my creative prose is simply to well written...  Now, IS this thread in direly, gut-wrenching poor-taste.  Hmmm, never met Jamarcus personally...  Wonder IF it's in "AS" poor taste as hurling insults at someone first-hand...time and person and time and different person and time again.  And again, See that wasn't even my intention.  Yet here's the check back to that "alterior motive" of yours (whether conscious or otherwise):  You MADE It your intention...

Again, I'd love to pass this one off as a mere misinterpretation of design.  your usual anatagonist Someone mistook my intent...no biggee.  A poster misread and analyzed incorrectly my greater idea behind this...I mean, Honest Mistake of Meaning, Because lol-It's NOT like this poster WANTS to pick a verbal fight, It's not like his comments EVERYwhere and EVERY time, are petty, antagonistic, personally rude, and completely negative...ohh, woops: This seems to be this posters stereotypical theme throughout.

~So alright...Let's skip over the part where you're your usual antagonistic, rude and embittered & derogatory self, which...wow-That's alot of it.  O.k., Let's move down to the "Psychoanalysis of Laz" part (this is some of the good stuff here):
    "You're perfectly free to think what you like and pretend to be whomever you choose on this forum. Some people find you amusing (and I think we both know you'd die if they didn't -- why else would you spend SO much time being SO obtuse."   ~Prairie

See, I like this one...  The best part, Is how I myself, stated just recently on one of Stompper's threads, something to the affect of, "How, I can go to bed resting easily after I've thrown someone who's started with me first and without provocation, Through a glass kitchen table...YET, I've stayed up before wondering IF I had commented on this very board, Using terms when responding to someone here-that (lol) could be misconstrued as a personal slight in some way."  So, Altogether Fantastic Analysis Mike...sheez, I already pay enough in psych bills, I mean...you're not gonna charge me, for such an in-depth regurgitation of my own thoughts, are you?

But wait, wait, wait...hold on, It's my turn to do you:

You're not "obtuse" Mike...You're singular, predictable, and easily understood in your rude comments (congrats).  But there's more:   You wanna talk about, My many "Faces."  True...man, I've experienced 10 X more in my early 30's, than most people have in a lifetime...but in your case Prairie, I'm willing to up-the-ante 1000 fold.  You want psychoanalysis Mike?  Wlll, From my mere novice's study on basic Freudian Personalty analysis:  Doesn't it go like this?  ~For a person to be a complete "Self", You're suppossed to take and in effect, Portray-As much of the Id (seething underlying desires) and the Superego (best I can do in short-"Authoritative checks and balances, Rights, Wrongs, Goods, Bads")-AND parlay these traits into one's basic Ego ("everyday personality")...

So, RE: Myself- Pal, I don't give 2 sh*ts about throwing myself on the proverbial table...or the proverbial chopping block for that matter.  Shakespeare-"A person plays many parts...".  My archetypes of character are an open book...and I could care less.  FROM personal Self-deprevation to Any experience, How personal...I could care less.  And take your bet shot. 

You Prairie?  You offer nothing...well, except in the belittlement of others (quite, quite often).  Something to the notion of the combination of "Quiet desperation" coupled with "A life not lived," sounds about right.  At best, you see and live through narrow chinks in your cavern.  At worst?  You sit behind a self-composed sand castle, and sling mud in the general direction of anyone and everyone in your remore vicinity...

~ANYone knows me here, KNOWS that I didn't like doing this Mike...But in the end, See I'm a st^pid person when it comes to walking away after someone takes personal shots at me.         

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I tried to make a joke that other people might find one of Mike's posts on another thread as racist and he lashed out at me too.

Cry

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I tried to make a joke that other people might find one of Mike's posts on another thread as racist and he lashed out at me too.

~Mighty, Lol...Tonight, I really AM going to go to sleep worried about how I worded that above thread of mine;  No, lmao...no, no- Not the content of it...It's just there really was a far too great number of grammatical errors for my liking.  Hope it's not misinterpretated.  But hey, ya KNOW what?  Posts to Prairie are NO longer getting my standard Proof-Read.  Yea, Not EVEN a once over...  Yea, I said IT!  NOW, See who can't sleep tonightunder this figurative near Death-Sentence.  And Let THIS be a warning for ALL You out there: Mess with ME in Cyberspace, And this is the type of repercussion in store for YOU...well, this was sortof, A rather personal attack...so, yea-You'd probably not see soomething this dire or drastic from me-But, anyone comin' at me over the Net, would almost certainly be the recipient of an extremely "quick" proof-read, In my responding post.  I mean, That's a consequence that's henceforth almost set-in-stone (again..."almost", I probably won't usually this drastic).      

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

" Interesting. Actually, the term was "windbag," but you made your point, and the fact is, at the time it was taken in context and I thought we understood each other. The reason I take your flippant manner in this particular case "personally" is because I do, in fact, deal with these people on a regular basis, and you're wrong when you casually refer to Drank as "cough syrup." It isn't. And more than that, I'm kind of surprised that you would not only go to your usual over-indulgent (if ill-informed) lengths to speechify on a subject you clearly know absolutely nothing about -- in much the same way you claim a double-major in English and can't complete a cogent thought -- but to actually call me out when I make my own thoughts on the matter known very concisely and succinctly (two things you also clearly know nothing about) is beyond stupefying. I've never had anything personal against you, Laz -- you're perfectly free to think what you like and pretend to be whomever you choose on this forum. Some people find you amusing (and I think we both know you'd die if they didn't -- why else would you spend SO much time being SO obtuse --all the while believing you're channeling James Joyce with all that wonderful free-association and stream-of-consciousness that you seem to think nobody on the board recgonizes as thoughtlessness in disguise), and that's okay with me. But you're a deuschebag on this one, my man, and I'm done with you in this thread ." Alright, first I gotta get Alfie outta the way...Alfie, you're a sychophant who's never had an original idea in your life.  And I really feel the need to re-emphasize the sychophant lackey part again. Shenanigan~ You're a good guy...But just because an embittered little man comments on this thread in a certain light, doesn't mean they even remotely came close to getting the point. Mike, guess who I was refering to above?  See prairie, I've never even seen you right a post or make acmment that wasn't negative...not a one.  You rarely comment on the Patriots (and that's fine).  I've never even seen you crete a thread at all for that matter (but that's o.k. too...in a way). See this Mike: " How dare you insult Laz!  No one insults Laz!  Not even the great prairie-mike! Laz the obnificent !"  ~ mighty ...ya ever do that?  Look deeper Prairie, there's a greater axiom underfoot here, and it sorta goes hand-in-hand with the whole "Thread-Creation" remark.  Have you, Mike-EVER stuck-up for someone?  Got their back, Upon someone picking a fight with them...trying to insult them.  Defered a blow onto yourself.  An it IS alright, saying "No" here.  ~Yet Prairie, Two things of greater significance are at play here:  #1) Your greater motive...The Collected Theme of 99.9% of your posts:  You are rude and derisive towards people.  And man, although it's vastly easier to pick things apart, and step all over them.  Dear God Prairie, At the VERY least don't come into a discussion with alterior motives at the get-go.  The point which I'm making here, is thus:  Did you actuallly READ the title, because you certainly didn't comprehend the largest intention of this subject matter:  FIRST Post Pararaph 1:  Facts, but "facts" lacking any staying power-That eye-catching "oomph" (great term)...A telling of the Jamarcus Russell details, that would never see the all-important "ESPN Front-Page" sensationalized media circus (which we've ALL commented on in varying threads on this very board).  FIRST Post Paragraph 2:  Facts strung together in a completely DIFFERENT light...  Star, Hero archetype's fall from grace (and on and on). Man, I'd like to think the problem here, Is that my creative prose is simply to well written...  Now, IS this thread in direly, gut-wrenching poor-taste.  Hmmm, never met Jamarcus personally...  Wonder IF it's in "AS" poor taste as hurling insults at someone first-hand...time and person and time and different person and time again.  And again, See that wasn't even my intention.  Yet here's the check back to that "alterior motive" of yours (whether conscious or otherwise):  You MADE It your intention... Again, I'd love to pass this one off as a mere misinterpretation of design.  your usual anatagonist Someone mistook my intent...no biggee.  A poster misread and analyzed incorrectly my greater idea behind this...I mean, Honest Mistake of Meaning, Because lol-It's NOT like this poster WANTS to pick a verbal fight, It's not like his comments EVERYwhere and EVERY time, are petty, antagonistic, personally rude, and completely negative...ohh, woops: This seems to be this posters stereotypical theme throughout. ~So alright...Let's skip over the part where you're your usual antagonistic, rude and embittered & derogatory self, which...wow-That's alot of it.  O.k., Let's move down to the "Psychoanalysis of Laz" part (this is some of the good stuff here): " You're perfectly free to think what you like and pretend to be whomever you choose on this forum. Some people find you amusing (and I think we both know you'd die if they didn't -- why else would you spend SO much time being SO obtuse ."   ~Prairie See, I like this one...  The best part, Is how I myself, stated just recently on one of Stompper's threads, something to the affect of, "How, I can go to bed resting easily after I've thrown someone who's started with me first and without provocation, Through a glass kitchen table...YET, I've stayed up before wondering IF I had commented on this very board, Using terms when responding to someone here-that (lol) could be misconstrued as a personal slight in some way."  So, Altogether Fantastic Analysis Mike...sheez, I already pay enough in psych bills, I mean...you're not gonna charge me, for such an in-depth regurgitation of my own thoughts, are you? But wait, wait, wait...hold on, It's my turn to do you: You're not "obtuse" Mike...You're singular, predictable, and easily understood in your rude comments (congrats).  But there's more:   You wanna talk about, My many "Faces."  True...man, I've experienced 10 X more in my early 30's, than most people have in a lifetime...but in your case Prairie, I'm willing to up-the-ante 1000 fold.  You want psychoanalysis Mike?  Wlll, From my mere novice's study on basic Freudian Personalty analysis:  Doesn't it go like this?  ~For a person to be a complete "Self", You're suppossed to take and in effect, Portray-As much of the Id (seething underlying desires) and the Superego (best I can do in short-"Authoritative checks and balances, Rights, Wrongs, Goods, Bads")-AND parlay these traits into one's basic Ego ("everyday personality")... So, RE: Myself- Pal, I don't give 2 sh*ts about throwing myself on the proverbial table...or the proverbial chopping block for that matter.  Shakespeare-"A person plays many parts...".  My archetypes of character are an open book...and I could care less.  FROM personal Self-deprevation to Any experience, How personal...I could care less.  And take your bet shot.  You Prairie?  You offer nothing...well, except in the belittlement of others (quite, quite often).  Something to the notion of the combination of "Quiet desperation" coupled with "A life not lived," sounds about right.  At best, you see and live through narrow chinks in your cavern.  At worst?  You sit behind a self-composed sand castle, and sling mud in the general direction of anyone and everyone in your remore vicinity... ~ANYone knows me here, KNOWS that I didn't like doing this Mike...But in the end, See I'm a st^pid person when it comes to walking away after someone takes personal shots at me.         
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

By the time I commented I thought the conversation had evolved into two subjects. 
    1. Whether drank was in fact cough syrup.
    2. And whether the police and their pursuit of cough syrup drinkers was laughable, representative of some larger government incompetence.

Pmike's first post basically said he didn't agree and didnt think you should make light of it.  This is where the hair stood up on the back of his neck.  Why this is a hotbutton issue with him I don't know.  Maybe he had a son or daughter get messed up on drank or something.

You then called him dumb because of the water/vodka comparison.  Which seemed a bit out of character but I wouldn't know how else to take that comment. 

So it sort of seems like you antagonized him on this and got what you wanted, you pissed him off and then we found out that Pmike has a sharp tongue.  That's what I saw anyway.  But, as they say "save the drama for your mama".  I still find your posts usually amusing, just disagree with you on what I thought you were saying.