National Tragedy League

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: National Tragedy League

In response to "Re: National Tragedy League":
    In Response to Re: National Tragedy League : At the start of one's career in the NFL there is power and glory. The world is yours. At the end of one's career you are usually unwanted, you want to stay but they don't need you anymore. You are still a young man, but all has changed and you don't fit anymore. You are no longer special. Then, soon after the headaches and depression starts and lasts ....... You ending up paying the bill triple fold for the glory you got in the early days. Would you make that kind of deal with the devil? I don't have the talent but even if I did I wouldn't take it.  Posted by NYC
    Well thus far not a single player drafted has ever turned down the NFL because of health concerns.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Re: National Tragedy League

In Response to Re: National Tragedy League:
    In response to "Re: National Tragedy League": Well thus far not a single player drafted has ever turned down the NFL because of health concerns.
    Posted by shenanigan

There will always be people who put themselves in dangerous situations without realizing the bill needs to be paid at the end. According to Sirius XM radio 1500 former NFL players are suing the NFL for concussions they endured during their playing career. I guess we'd have to ask those 1500 guys whether it was worth it. Or just ask former Patriot linebacker Ted Johnson. Ending one's career is a big enough let down, ending it with headaches and severe depression complicates the enjoyment of everything in life.  

Sections
Shortcuts