Ndamukong Suh!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Ndamukong Suh!!

Not sure if any of you are watching the Nebraska/Texas game but this Ndamukong Suh guy is a monster as a pass rusher. He's played a little on offense too. Tonight, I've seen this guy rush, drop back a little to make a play on some passes. He's almost got that Jared Allen motor where he's seemingly a part of every play on defense. He's relentless.

Where do you think he goes, how high, and do you think the Patriots will make a play? Let's face it, we have enough picks to make this happen should we want him that bad.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Ndamukong Suh!!

In Response to Ndamukong Suh!!:
    [QUOTE]Not sure if any of you are watching the Nebraska/Texas game but this Ndamukong Suh guy is a monster as a pass rusher. He's played a little on offense too. Tonight, I've seen this guy rush, drop back a little to make a play on some passes. He's almost got that Jared Allen motor where he's seemingly a part of every play on defense. He's relentless. Where do you think he goes, how high, and do you think the Patriots will make a play? Let's face it, we have enough picks to make this happen should we want him that bad.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

Best game I've ever seen by a defensive lineman. No way the Pats' get him. He'll be the #1 pick in the draft...and will sign for huge money.

As for the Texas/Nebraska game, UT played terribly, and were lucky to escape with a win. Their luck will run out when they face Alabama...a team with both a defense and an offense. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Pretty much every draft site I've seen says the guy is a virtual clone of Richard Seymour.  Too bad our Oakland pick isn't this year or we may have been able to replace Seymour with a new Seymour, albeit at a crazy price.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Even if he is available, we won't pick him.  He's either too big for where we'll place him or he's too small.  He's either too short or too tall for our system.  He might be too slow, too many character issues, can't rush the passer, can't stop the run, and just for good measure, he simply doesn't fit into our system.  I think I covered all the reasons why we skip over some prospects...

All in jest folks.  I only know one thing about next years draft.  We will never pick the popular choice or who we expect.  That's OK.  I still think we had a real good draft this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Was it just me or did that Texas/Nebraska game look eerily similar to the Patriots/Giants Super Bowl?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Here is where I make myself look stupid by predicting the future.  Here is what I think will happen.

1.  I think Suh will be gone by the time the Pats get thier first pick.

2.  I think they cut or trade Light and Thomas after this year

3.  I think they use thier first pick to get a D linemen, Dunlap or Morgan appear to be the top prospects who could be available.  I don't follow college football so others may have more perspective into who the top guys are.

4  I think they may use thier 2nd and third pick to upgrade RT and OLB.

5.  I think this will still allow them to have enough money to resign Wilfork. 

It's possible that they see Crable as Adalius's replacement and don't want an OLB.
    I want to add that for money reasons it seems unrealistic to me that the Pats use thier 1st round pick without cutting some big contracts(Light, Adalius, or letting Wilfork walk).  I may be way off here, just my guess.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

In Response to Re: Ndamukong Suh!!:
    [QUOTE]Here is where I make myself look stupid by predicting the future.  Here is what I think will happen. 1.  I think Suh will be gone by the time the Pats get thier first pick. 2.  I think they cut or trade Light and Thomas after this year 3.  I think they use thier first pick to get a D linemen, Dunlap or Morgan appear to be the top prospects who could be available.  I don't follow college football so others may have more perspective into who the top guys are. 4  I think they may use thier 2nd and third pick to upgrade RT and OLB. 5.  I think this will still allow them to have enough money to resign Wilfork.  It's possible that they see Crable as Adalius's replacement and don't want an OLB. I want to add that for money reasons it seems unrealistic to me that the Pats use thier 1st round pick without cutting some big contracts(Light, Adalius, or letting Wilfork walk).  I may be way off here, just my guess.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

1. Agreed.  Suh will be long gone.

2. Totally agree.  I think Thomas will definitely be cut, and I could see Light being cut as well.  Kaczur just signed an extension and Vollmer is coming along so it's definitely possible.

3. If they do pick a defensive lineman, it won't be Dunlap.  He would be a linebacker in the Patriots 3-4 defense, and he has WAY too many character issues, and is also a very raw, unpolished player.  He's actually a perfect Al Davis first round pick.

I doubt BB sees Crable as anything more than a potential bonus at this point.  Missing the first two years of your career doesn't bode well for a coach's confidence in you to fill a need.  

The Patriots lucked into Tully Banta-Cain becoming a legitimate starting outside linebacker.  If he hadn't, that position would be a mess this off season.  If Thomas is cut, they need to find someone in the draft or free agency.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Ndamukong Suh!!:
    [QUOTE]Not sure if any of you are watching the Nebraska/Texas game but this Ndamukong Suh guy is a monster as a pass rusher. He's played a little on offense too. Tonight, I've seen this guy rush, drop back a little to make a play on some passes. He's almost got that Jared Allen motor where he's seemingly a part of every play on defense. He's relentless. Where do you think he goes, how high, and do you think the Patriots will make a play? Let's face it, we have enough picks to make this happen should we want him that bad.

As a Nebraska fan I've been beating the Drum for this guy for the last 2 years. He's a man amongst boys in college and fights off double teams consistently to make most of the plays he makes. The Patriots have the Ammo to move up in the draft this year if they want. It will cost them Oaklands number 1 next year plus a couple more good picks. Suh is also a student of the game like BB loves. He came into camp and told Bo Pelini that he wanted to watch film and be schooled on every position on the defensive line so that he would know what everyone's job was and what they were supposed to be doing. Think Belichick might appreciate that? I love the guy and if it costs us some of these draft picks to move up and grab him I'd do it. With his size and speed he riminds me of Bruce Smith and he would be an awesome D-End in the 3-4.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

I don't think the stars or the planets are perfectly aligned for the Pats to get this guy. I hope I'm wrong but it does not look good for the home team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I was watching the game and thinking the same thing. Suh was all over the place. I'd love to see him at DE in our defense, lining up beside Wilfork.  We still need a quality OLB to really revive our pass rush, but Suh looks like a winner. 

I also thought the safety, O'Hanlon, made some great plays.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Thanks for the interesting post:

[QUOTE]Here is where I make myself look stupid by predicting the future.  Here is what I think will happen.

1.  I think Suh will be gone by the time the Pats get their first pick.

RESPONSE: No question. Suh will be the #1 overall pick.

2.  I think they cut or trade Light and Thomas after this year

RESPONSE: In light (if you pardon the pun) of what we've seen from Sebastien Vollmer, I tend to agree that Light may be jettisoned. But, the possibility exists that Light remain at LT, Vollmer be moved to starting RT, and Nick Kaczur replace the aging, injury prone Steven Neal at RG. Also, don't forget that Logan Mankins' contract becomes an issue in 2010. As for Adalius Thomas, he's been a disappointment, and will likely be gone.

3.  I think they use their first pick to get a D linemen, Dunlap or Morgan appear to be the top prospects who could be available.  I don't follow college football so others may have more perspective into who the top guys are.

RESPONSE: I've been saying for the past several years that the Patriots must do something to address their ability to rush opposing passers. Unless they greatly improve in this area, they will never be anything more than playoff fodder.

4  I think they may use their 2nd and third pick to upgrade RT and OLB.

RESPONSE: The Pats always strive to obtain maximum value for their picks. They also tend to go the "best available player" route, rather than draft for a specific position. Rest assured that, as usual, they'll make several draft day trades. But, as I mentioned above, priority #1, #2, and #3 must be to improve their pass rush. 

5.  I think this will still allow them to have enough money to resign Wilfork.

RESPONSE: The Pats selected Ron Brace and Myron Pryor as possible  replacements for Vince Wilfolk. The fact that Brace has been disappointing may for their hand in the Vince negotiations. But, under the current terms of the upcoming "non-cap" season, Vince will be only a "restricted" free agent in 2010.    

It's possible that they see Crable as Adalius's replacement and don't want an OLB.

RESPONSE: I strongly doubt that. Crable appears to be a bust. His work habits and inability to stay healthy will likely lead to him being gone. 

I want to add that for money reasons it seems unrealistic to me that the Pats use their 1st round pick without cutting some big contracts(Light, Adalius, or letting Wilfork walk).

RESPONSE: The Pats own the Raiders' #1 pick in 2011, not 2010.

I may be way off here, just my guess.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]Here is where I make myself look stupid by predicting the future.  Here is what I think will happen. 1.  I think Suh will be gone by the time the Pats get thier first pick. 2.  I think they cut or trade Light and Thomas after this year 3.  I think they use thier first pick to get a D linemen, Dunlap or Morgan appear to be the top prospects who could be available.  I don't follow college football so others may have more perspective into who the top guys are. 4  I think they may use thier 2nd and third pick to upgrade RT and OLB. 5.  I think this will still allow them to have enough money to resign Wilfork.  It's possible that they see Crable as Adalius's replacement and don't want an OLB. I want to add that for money reasons it seems unrealistic to me that the Pats use thier 1st round pick without cutting some big contracts(Light, Adalius, or letting Wilfork walk).  I may be way off here, just my guess.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE] everything sounds about right except that light is a free agent after this year.so there wont be any trades envolving him.and also a lot of these guys in collage look great,but only a handful carry it over to the NFL.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ndamukong Suh!! :      Thanks for the interesting post:
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

RESPONSE: The Pats own the Raiders' #1 pick in 2011, not 2010.

That's true but this pick will stil hold quite a bit of value as there is no NFL football person that expects the Raiders to finish near the .500 mark next year either. That Franchise is a black hole right now.

Combine that with the Pats # 1 and another choice pick and they could move up. If Suh is pegged as the #1 pick however by a team that loves him then there won't be enough draft picks.

I also am of the belief that there will be a collective bargaining agreement and one of the key issues for the owners is reducing the rookie salary structure.

Besides, we have to be able to dream here. That's the beauty of the draft.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfanNH. Show patsfanNH's posts

[QUOTE]Was it just me or did that Texas/Nebraska game look eerily similar to the Patriots/Giants Super Bowl?

Yeah ...it matched on most counts except the ending part ..:)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfanNH. Show patsfanNH's posts

Man this dude was a complete beast yesterday. But unless the pats move up the board drastically, the probability of landing suh is remote. Based on the fact that 2011 might be salary-cap regulated, I dont think the Pats will make a huge play for this guys...I hope I am completely wrong though...:)....we need someone like him badly

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]Man this dude was a complete beast yesterday. But unless the pats move up the board drastically, the probability of landing suh is remote. Based on the fact that 2011 might be salary-cap regulated, I dont think the Pats will make a huge play for this guys...I hope I am completely wrong though...:)....we need someone like him badly
    Posted by patsfanNH[/QUOTE]

The guy is hands down the Best Dlineman. If this guy played for B.C. and we got to see him every week there would be threads started on a daily basis about drafting him.
    I think every knows it would be a bit of a long shot to grab him but like I said before that's the beauty of the draft and draft talk. There's always hope until it's over.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Ndamukong Suh!! :      Best game I've ever seen by a defensive lineman. No way the Pats' get him. He'll be the #1 pick in the draft...and will sign for huge money.      As for the Texas/Nebraska game, UT played terribly, and were lucky to escape with a win. Their luck will run out when they face Alabama...a team with both a defense and an offense. 
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

If the BCS "stones up", they'll match 'Bama against TCU, the BETTER team in Texas. If they could ridicule the BCS like they did a few years ago with a 2 loss LSU team, then they ought to do this. ALl year long Nebraska was 1 dimensional (no really scary offense). Sure, they almost won, but tyey also cost themselves the game with that horsebleep kickoff out of bounds, then teh stupid horsecollar tackle. Texas escaped more than they went wout and beat Nebraska. TCU should get the nod.

As for Suh, I;m not soi sure that he doesn't slip in the draft down to where the Pats could have a realistic shot at him. Things we don't know: who will come out early, will the teams ahead of the Pats draft to need or to "name"? Right now, the Pats have the Raiders' pick, which should be no worse than #5 (the Rams, Browns, Bucs, and Lions are ahead of them). Of their remaining gmes, only 1 looks to be a "gimmie" (game #15 @ Cleveland), while needing to play the Steelers and Broncos on teh road, and the Redskins and Ravens at home. Easily 4-12. The Lions seem to be the better fit to draft him, Suh, but after giving HUGE money to Stafford last season, will they want to go back-to-back? The other teams need impact players on offense BADLY. If he's there, the Pats pught to lock up Wilfork amd then Suh. That's where your defense begins: up front. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

We'll get him, if he slips to the second round and there are no 5'8'' DB's available.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

i wish. this guy was amazing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]We'll get him, if he slips to the second round and there are no 5'8'' DB's available.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I bet they'll play like they are 5'9"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ndamukong Suh!! : ...As for Suh, I;m not soi sure that he doesn't slip in the draft down to where the Pats could have a realistic shot at him. Things we don't know: who will come out early, will the teams ahead of the Pats draft to need or to "name"? Right now, the Pats have the Raiders' pick, which should be no worse than #5 ...
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

Does NE have Oakland's pick this coming draft? I thought they got Oakland's 2011 round 1. So unless Suh's stays away from the draf this coming year, we have no shot at him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

Suh will never be factor in the Pat's draft. Would be nice if he slid, but defitintely not likely. BB has NEVER combined/wasted a #32 pick (this year God willing), a #1-#4 pick (Oakland's next year) and a round 2 or 3 to move into the top position and paying #1 money. That's a HUGE waste of team building resources. He'd be better off using the #32,#1-4, and Rnd 2 or 3 to fill potential holes and use the #1 money for Wilfork and others.
    The most BB has been willing to do is a mid or late rnd 1 and a rnd 3-4 to move up a few slots in the first and that won't be enough to grab Suh.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ndamukong Suh!! : If the BCS "stones up", they'll match 'Bama against TCU, the BETTER team in Texas. If they could ridicule the BCS like they did a few years ago with a 2 loss LSU team, then they ought to do this. ALl year long Nebraska was 1 dimensional (no really scary offense). Sure, they almost won, but tyey also cost themselves the game with that horsebleep kickoff out of bounds, then teh stupid horsecollar tackle. Texas escaped more than they went wout and beat Nebraska. TCU should get the nod. As for Suh, I;m not soi sure that he doesn't slip in the draft down to where the Pats could have a realistic shot at him. Things we don't know: who will come out early, will the teams ahead of the Pats draft to need or to "name"? Right now, the Pats have the Raiders' pick, which should be no worse than #5 (the Rams, Browns, Bucs, and Lions are ahead of them). Of their remaining gmes, only 1 looks to be a "gimmie" (game #15 @ Cleveland), while needing to play the Steelers and Broncos on teh road, and the Redskins and Ravens at home. Easily 4-12. The Lions seem to be the better fit to draft him, Suh, but after giving HUGE money to Stafford last season, will they want to go back-to-back? The other teams need impact players on offense BADLY. If he's there, the Pats pught to lock up Wilfork amd then Suh. That's where your defense begins: up front. 
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

Az, we get the Raiders #1 in the 2011 draft not the 2010. In 2010, we (hopefully) get the #32 and 3 rnd 2 picks (ours,Jax, and Tenn).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sprfrk81. Show sprfrk81's posts

SUH MOSDEF WILL B GONE, HES GOIN TOP 3, NXT 2 DRAFTS WILL B HUGE FOR PATS, IT WILL SHAPE THEM FOR NXT 7-8 YRS. WE REALLY NEED HELP EVERYWHERE, MOSS IS MY GUY, BUT HES GETTIN OLD , PROB GOT BOUT 3-MAYB 4 YRS LEFT. THIS TEAM IS IN SERIOUS NEED OF A PASS RUSH IN A BAD WAY. WE LB HELP MOSTLY OUTSDE , CORNER REAL BAD, WE ALWAYS HAVE ONE GUY THAT JST GETS PICKD ON, WHILETE, ONIEL, HOBBS ETC. TIGHT END THAT CAN ACTUALLY B A T.E., N CATCH THE BALL OVA THE MIDDLE. N RB, THIS COMMITEE STUFF IS KILLIN ME

Sections
Shortcuts