NE 2009 Compensatory picks..

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

back on top? when did we fall off? we lost Brady this year and a lot of other players and we fought through it i wouldnt call that falling off so we dont need to get back on top we need to get Brady back with that said with this many draft picks you can 100% expect to see the Pats trade away draft picks for future picks in 2010.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Yeah I completely forgot about the Stallworth comp pick. I think this gives the Pats 12 picks in 09 draft. They could very easily move up , down or into the 2010 draft with these picks. The rookie cap. could change if the CBA is renegotiated. As I have stated earlier; this will be a very important draft for Pats future.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[Quote]MVP,
    When did we fall off? tell me the last time we won the super bowl? Sure we are still one of the top teams in the NFL and will most likely be the favorites come next season. Winning the super bowl is being on top, not making the playoffs and blowing a lead to Indy, or going 17-0 and losing in the superbowl.[/Quote]

Ricky.... There has been only one team with more than 2 SB appearances this decade and only one team with multiple SB wins this decade, the Pats. It appears your only judgement criteria is winning the SB, that means any team who does not win consecutive SBs has fallen off after only one year? Therefore, the only teams who can be considered one of the best of all time are those that won consecutive SBs, right? In this era of parity, the fact the Pats can stay competitive with a revolving door personel situation is amazing and must be appreciated.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

ricky... see your point.. but we can say this... there are fans of a lot of teams who wish they had a team who is in the hunt every year and can feel their team could be in the SB every year. We can still feel that way about this year's Pats, even now, if things go right. And that, is a BIG if!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Remember we signed Moss to a big FA contract. The picks we get are based on how many free agents we lose versus how many we sign.

I hope you're right, though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from markcmonroe. Show markcmonroe's posts

PF

Mos was not an FA but we traded a 4th round pick to Oakland for him.. The most recent contract he signed hass no impact

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Keeping your own FA doesn't count. AFAIK.

Thos numbers look correct, and I agree with everyone that it gives us fleixibility to move up or move out.

Bouncing up a few slots in the second wouldn't be a bad idea.

Personally, I like where NE figures to be drafting in the first.

Much higher than 15-25 is a great area based on available talent and cost of signing the player.

Much lower and a lot of the permier talent is gone. Much higher and the contracts start to get pricey.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Hmmmnnn...I certainly like the idea of franchising Cassel for a trade. After all, the Pats trained and showcased him. Why shouldn't they get something back? An acquiring team would certainly do better to go after Cassel than drafting a QB that might not be playing for a few years. Ergo, this might be a good deal for all those involved. Of course, the Pats should be certain that they have a suitor (or two) lined up for the transaction.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Espnetboy3. Show Espnetboy3's posts

Your right imagine premiere talent gone in the 6th round, we wouldnt haev gotten Tommy boy!

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rabbrandy. Show rabbrandy's posts

the patriots have done well in acquiring all of these picks, be it by trade of free agents. lets hope that they draft well and avoid some of the busts in recent years.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Geographer91. Show Geographer91's posts

But ZB, I thought we woul dbe picking 32nd next year. Isn't that the rule following the playoffs? : )

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Not only is this a big draft with all the picks but I think it's important we pick up a couple of defensive starters in free agency. The latest I'm hearing on Cassell is we'll franchise him then trade him hopefully in a couple days at the start of free agency.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Most of the chatter in Vikings Land seems to be centered on Donovan McNabb, which makes sense vis a vis the Brad Childress connection, but does not make sense as he likely will not be available if the Eagles have any kind of success in the playoffs, if they even make the playoffs. Ricky is right when he says what the Vikings want is a proven starter, as they are built to win now and Tarvaris Jackson is clearly not the answer. But as much as I have enjoyed watching Cassel progress over the season, I don't know that I'm ready to call him "proven talent." While it is not beyond Zigi and Co. to make retarded decisions (Gus Frerotte?), I don't see Cassel in purple and gold next year. When I ask myself which NFL team is most likely to pay a potential flash-in-the-pan ludicrous money I always come up with the same answer: Motor City Kitties.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

"When I ask myself which NFL team is most likely to pay a potential flash-in-the-pan ludicrous money I always come up with the same answer: Motor City Kitties."

LOL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

- ricky

Cassel is gone with no picks. You can't franchise a 2nd string QB. Well, you can but I wouldn't call it a smart thing to do. I believe Cassel is an UFA and can go to anyone who wants his services. They were ready to say goodbye to Cassel after this year. I think that's why the Pats picked O'Connell.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctpat. Show ctpat's posts

I hope they are able to get something for cassel, but i really think anything better than a 2nd round pick is a bit much. Cassel certainly has done well, but i can't imagine a team giving up much more than that and paying him a big time contract. however, all it takes is one team to agree to it. The problem is the risk that the pats would assume while trying to trade cassel (technically against the spirit of the tag to begin with) and their inability to make any other free agency moves while looking for a trading partner. Another thing to consider is the pats would likely get a 3rd round pick, if they lost him in free agency, for the 2010 draft--

Sections
Shortcuts