NE Dynasty Part2

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

NE Dynasty Part2

that`s right folks. belichick took a hit last season, and it didn`t faze him, because last season was the year a new era began. sure it wasan`t pretty, and maybe vrabel should have stayed..but these new guys [and i`m including youg studs like merriweather and chung] will show up just as ty law and lawyer milloy did. the WR situation is far better than it was, even in the big SB years. the new LBers are cut from the same cloth as tedy and willieMac and i expect the same results. is this already an elite team or what? they are on their way to making a serious run at another title. the only cause for concern is the mankins debacle. BB  could trade mankins and that 1st rounder from oakland for one or more great O-lineman i believe that BB fully expects to go all the way, this season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: NE Dynasty Part2

I'm as optimistic as they come but I feel the Pats are a little young on defense and a bit old on offense to be elite.

If the second and third year defenders show up like you say and a rookie or two matures quickly then we're talking.

The seasoned offense would regain fresh legs if inspired by their defense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

hell yeah

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

if they re-learn how to run the ball and that young defense steps up in a huge way...then ok...you may be onto something...but i dont see either happening

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: NE Dynasty Part2:
    Do I hope they win a super bowl this year? Yes, do I think they can do it? Yes I THINK they can. But they are a very young team and you might be getting ahead of yourself putting them in the same category as Bruschi and big Willie. Those guys were special and there is no evidence to prove any of these young guys could hang with those guys. I hope they do turn into those type of players but they have not yet and you are already talking as if they have developed into all por's and they are far from it.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

well said and i agree whole heartedly...well not so much about your first 3 sentencesl...but hey, im a phins fan...what fun would it be to root for the flying elvis'?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

LOL I hate the flying Elvis so much I want our old logo back! I have the old logo tattooed on my calf.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

i agree here too...IMO, very few of the new logos look good...although i do like the more agressive dolphin logo as opposed to the one they have up until the jimmy johnson era

i always thought the old pats logo was bad-ass and wish they would wear throw-backs more often

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

yea like all the time lol most of the jerseys i own are throw backs. I have a regular Cory Dillon jersey and a regular Jabbar Gaffney jersey (I might be his only fan LOL) and a silver Vrabel Jersey but other then that I have throw backs. I just got a nice Kevin Faulk throw back like a month ago. Had to replace my Rodney Harrison jersey now that he retired lol
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

cool...i bought an official ricky williams jersey about 2 months before his first mis-adventure with retirement/suspension...and then promptly won my cousin's family fantasy football pool done through yahoo.com and won a replica ricky williams jersey...i also have zach thomas, sam madison and jason taylor...as soon as i have more money im buying my old school marino jersey and a lebron jersey...but hey unlike that rapidly forming bandwagon...ive been a heat fan since the glen rice, rony seikaly, grant long days

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Yeah, Miami is a really hotbed sports town.
    Posted by russgriswold

and no one cares what you think...id call it even

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

LOL I hate the flying Elvis so much I want our old logo back! I have the old logo tattooed on my calf.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

i'd actualy like to see the old logo on the silver helmet once or twice and then flying elvis on the white helmet a couple times

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I think we will be contenders this year, but I think the next run of being a true contender will occur in the 2011-2013 seasons.  That's about when all of these high round draft picks we've had will ripen.  The 2009 class will be 3rd year players, and the 2010 class 2nd year players.  Add to that the 4 picks in the first 2 rounds in 2011 and you can easily see the start of another run.  

I wonder how many other teams have had as many picks in the first 2 rounds over 3 years as the Pats will have had?  A lot of folks were critical of BB for always trading out of a pick, but the bottom line is that he was able to infuse the team with an incredible number of high round picks over a short time.  Not quite the same as what the Cowboys did with the Hershel Walker trade, but it kind of reminds me of it.  In both cases, a team was able to load up on talent in a short period of time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Still see the Pats as being a year away from getting back into the Super Bowl. Still expecting this team to play better than last year and even with what many predict a tougher schedule will finish with a better record this year vs 2009. I agree with carawaydj that 2011 - 2013/15 could be another nice run with a couple Lombardi's coming back to Foxborough.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I see the Pats as at least six months away from getting back into the Super Bowl.  I expect a dramatic jump up the learning curve simply because so many second-year good players are in position for that jump, and also because so many red-chip rooks are somewhat ready to play this year.  It's not one guy, it's a relatively huge wave of guys. 

Brady could have four or five guys open at the same time on some plays.  I see lots of reasons why the pass rush could grow up fast.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

pats are in 2nd year of NEW 5 year plan.... (I say 2nd because brady out in 08)
    they always put a 5 year plan in place to get to sb... (and they had to kind of start over after 07....of course while still being competetive)

last time they did this (when bill b got here) they won the sb in the first year of the plan.... and the rest is history...

i like this thread...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Hahaha, 5 year plan, good one.  I didn't realize Lenin and Stalin were running the Pats.  So the plan was:

2000:  Don't start the plan yet, Bledsoe is still healthy.
    2001:  Begin!
    2005:  End!
    2006:  Ummm, 2 year plan, starting with Reche Caldwell and Doug Gabriel.
    2007:  Finish 2 year plan!
    2008:  Begin ... doh!
    2009:  Begin!

Sorry, couldn't resist.  Tongue out

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I don't think we have the personal to run all those screens from the Weiss era.

Todays linebackers are so fast  they blow up those swing passes and screens before the back even gets the ball.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

NOOOOO DONT DO IT JIMMY! LaBron James is a coward and a self absorbed D bag. Get a Bosh jersey man or a D Wade jersey but please dont be one of those suckers who falls for what LaBron is selling.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

haha...already got my d-wade jersey after the 06 finals...i dont know...would be more tempting to get a lebron jersey if they didnt cost me 170 plus shipping and handling...which is ridiculous

maybe ill just get a tshirt with his name on it and call it even...25 bucks is alot more reasonable

ps. getting picked for a jury on a very serious case suc.ks the big one...as i was last week and the trial went well into this week...ugh...shenanigans i tells ya

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: NE Dynasty Part2 : And I'd say you're -1 after that response since you cared enough to read and respond. And, you said you put me on Ignore.  So, you look foolish saying one thing and doing another. So, it's really -2 now for you.  Ouch.   Have a nice day!
    Posted by russgriswold

what can i say? your posting is dooshy enough that its like passing a car accident on the road, sometimes...you just gotta look

points for posting? and you are the one dolling them out? its like playing olympic basketball against the reds with reds for the refs

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

I hate to rain on everyopne's parade. But if the offensive coordinator stinks up the joint again this year like he did last year, it's not going to matter who we have for players. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Kid, you are a Dolphins fan in a Boston newspaper's section of a messageboard for the Pats. I am pretty sure we can see who the do-osh is here. Good day.
    Posted by russgriswold

do you get goosebumps when you call me kid? do you feel better about your weak arguments?

ive explained fully why im here and its not to your liking...guess who is over it? i suggest you do the same and play nicely or f*** off