NE leading the leauge in drops !!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

NE leading the leauge in drops !!!

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

bash brady as much as you want but 17 dropa is an alarming stat 

including 10 drops from the rookies edelman and amendola with 3 each bolden with 2

Brady hasnt been sharp this year but the drops are killing him plus runing the wrong routes meanwhile welker has had only 4 drops.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: NE leading the leauge in drops !!!

Still Brady's fault, per nameless.  As noted in previous discussions, there have been a whole host of new variables this year contributing to the demise of the offense.  Look at Brady's supporting cast this year and you really need to look no further.  It's been said time and time again, even today on Mike & Mike.. Brady has little to work with compared to Manning, Brees etc..

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Yes the number of drops already this season IS a horrible stat.  As a whole the receivers Brady has had to work with are not ready for prime time. Meantime I believe Brady is in his prime. Let's hope that stat improves this Sunday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Is that surprising? It is not breaking news that the Pats receivers have not been tearing up the league!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

i  think most of the drops are because the recievers arent focusedthey are thinking about the next step instead of securing the catch something the rookies wilk shake off but amendola and edelman have to do a better job , bolden isnt much of a reciever do ivdont blame him that much

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Still Brady's fault, per nameless.  As noted in previous discussions, there have been a whole host of new variables this year contributing to the demise of the offense.  Look at Brady's supporting cast this year and you really need to look no further.  It's been said time and time again, even today on Mike & Mike.. Brady has little to work with compared to Manning, Brees etc..

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

What??? It's (not) all Brady's fault? You mean this is actually a (TEAM) sport? No way!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Not entirely surprising. Our young receivers have had a tough time catching the ball at times so far this year. Lets hope it gets better. I think it will.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

What is especially funny in this, is that if some other GM had left his receiver corps in such dire straights, the homers here would be hanging him in effigy. LMAO

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Brady's fault

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

This is not meant to start a pissing contest as i know Welker is a better receiver but it is interesting that Edelman has more catches and less drops than welker.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

His choices are:

A new guy who is injured so often, he's missed more quarters than he's played.

Undrafted rookie

Rookie

Rookie

A special teams guy that gets next to no real time when the team has quality receivers available.

And for tight ends, he had the undrafted rookie who was fired for being so awful, the blocker and the guy who's been cut from multiple practice squads across the league.

Seriously, the fact that they've been able to string together two first downs in a row is a miracle.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

An entirely new group of receivers learning a new offense, many of whom are also making the transition from college to the pros... Who's to blame?  Nobody of course.  I don't have the game by game stats but I'd hazard a guess that the drops have been decreasing with each game with the last game being played in the rain was the lone exception..?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

I believe it is time for some people to engage in some deep breathing relaxation techniques.  It's all going to be all right.  Drops happen, missed routes happen, poor throws happen, missed blocks happen.  Obviously, we would rather that it not all happen at the same time, but hey, sometimes, it happens. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

An entirely new group of receivers learning a new offense, many of whom are also making the transition from college to the pros... Who's to blame?  Nobody of course.  I don't have the game by game stats but I'd hazard a guess that the drops have been decreasing with each game with the last game being played in the rain was the lone exception..?

It would be fine if there were one or two max.  Four new receivers, a special teams guy and garbage tight ends for the first five games of the season is a joke.

Of course there is someone to blame. 

His initials are: 

BB

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Seems like a reasonable and rational thought to me.  Are you sure you are in the right place?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

Too bad there is no stat for running the wrong routes.  

I know, or double pumping cause you don't know where to go with it... or how about one for overthrows... maybe one for not seeing wide open receivers running free down field... heck too bad there is not one for making your receiver make an unecessary circus catch eliminating any possibility of YAC.

No one is excusing the receiver play, and most even understand that part of what ails Brady is comfort/trust level with his new receivers because it is throwing off his timing and normal automatic reaction.

However, Brady is the one talked about as the GOAT. He is the elder statesman, NOT a rookie. He should be the one to most be able to handle adversity. He is the one who gets all the credit when things go well and will again as soon as the offense starts clicking. So he should get the blunt of the blame as well, fully justified or not.

That is how it works for QB, all of the credit, all of the blame. That is mostly how it has always been in the NFL, even if ridiculous, from both sides.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

This is not meant to start a pissing contest as i know Welker is a better receiver but it is interesting that Edelman has more catches and less drops than welker.

Yeah but Welker has actual quality receivers on his team to compete for the ball with. Edelman has some clueless rookies.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah but Welker has actual quality receivers on his team to compete for the ball with. Edelman has some clueless rookies.

[/QUOTE]

Sad, isn't it, the demise of the Pats receiver corps in such a quick fashion.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well we ll knew this was going to be the case heading into the season, I'll be worried if we're in the middle of December with a healthy gronk and Vareen and the offense still looks bad. I don't think that will be the case - I'm more concerned with the fact that we lost our best playmaker on defense and have no one to replace him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Growing pains.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

[QUOTE]

Well we ll knew this was going to be the case heading into the season, I'll be worried if we're in the middle of December with a healthy gronk and Vareen and the offense still looks bad. I don't think that will be the case - I'm more concerned with the fact that we lost our best playmaker on defense and have no one to replace him.

Who replaces a Vince Wilfork, Cupcake? No BB needs to have Ngata backing Wilfork up in case Wilfork gets hurt for the first time in his career.

This entire board is more concerned you're actually a teacher.  It's disturbing.

DO you tell them you come here to share your trolling brilliance with real Pats fans?

[/QUOTE]

Maybe nobody. Regardless, I don't think it can be debated that VW was the most critical piece on that D. Wouldn't it have been wise to at least keep trying to find someone who could fill 80% of VW's shoes, if not 100%? They've been lucky he stayed healthy this long.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Dobson is a bust so far, hell Sims out played him in preseason game 4 and BB won't give Boyce a chance.  Thompkins is the only pleasant surprise and he catches the ball like Thump Watson.  Danny won't make it past game 10.  Edelman is Edelman (non-reliable).

Gee that Brady sucks.  I heard a caller on a radio station say so and well know that means it's true.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Too bad there is no stat for running the wrong routes.  

I know, or double pumping cause you don't know where to go with it... or how about one for overthrows... maybe one for not seeing wide open receivers running free down field... heck too bad there is not one for making your receiver make an unecessary circus catch eliminating any possibility of YAC.

No one is excusing the receiver play, and most even understand that part of what ails Brady is comfort/trust level with his new receivers because it is throwing off his timing and normal automatic reaction.

However, Brady is the one talked about as the GOAT. He is the elder statesman, NOT a rookie. He should be the one to most be able to handle adversity. He is the one who gets all the credit when things go well and will again as soon as the offense starts clicking. So he should get the blunt of the blame as well, fully justified or not.

That is how it works for QB, all of the credit, all of the blame. That is mostly how it has always been in the NFL, even if ridiculous, from both sides.

[/QUOTE]

Well said.

Sections
Shortcuts