NE Mt Ruhsmore

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: NE Mt Ruhsmore

In response to TFB12's comment:

Babe doing some photshopping, nice!

Just a quickie. The software I used to use is dated so I don't get too elaborate these days with the simple fee stuff I am relegated to. Takes too much time to do it right and I don't care enough about it to invest in some good software.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Off topic - but the photshop stuff is an enjoyable diversion from some of the idiotic sh!t that gets posted in this forum. Thanks to all those contributors.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Why are the NFL teams doing all the Mt Rushmore stuff now?  Did they copy this thread or something?

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

My original post included the link to PFT with the PAt's Mt. Rushmore.

It was only supposed to be for Pat's players but it branched out into the Boston sports Mt. Rushmore  which is another great discussion.

My original post was Pat's only.

My Pat's Rushmore.

John Hannah

Bob Kraft 

Bill Belichik

Tom Brady.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Really, really clean work. Great.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Without coaches? I mean intermingling coaches and players is wierd. 

My all players Mount Washington ;-) for the Pats is:

Brady

Hannah

Morgan

Tippett

I am actually a bit shocked more people didn't mention Morgan. Maybe there are a lot of 20 somethings who missed it, and he fell into the shadow of some other guys. But he was one of the first 10000 yard plus WRs. It's not so impressive now (!) but when you consider of the 30 ahead of him 25 played during or through the 1990s and 2000s which means they played after the rules for roughing the passer came into effect, or after the PI point of emphasis.

He had a career 19.3 ypr, which is stand alone. Only Flipper Anderson is above him if we remove the guys who played a long time ago (60s and before) when high YPR was very common because WRs were really just guys you threw deep too after running the ball 5 or 6 times.

And his 72 TDS, kind of like his 10,000 yards, which places him 32nd, is also backed by the fact that the people ahead of him, minus 6 or 7 guys were all products of the 1990s and later style of football. 

Even after Bledsoe aired it out 600 times a season and Brady helmed one of the most impressive aerial attacks in NFL history, he is still the leader and only Welker comes close ... and it aint that close. 

Bruce Armstrong: 6 time pro bowler who could have been a seven timer if he hadn't lost a half season mid-career. Just an elite football player at RT and LT. Perhaps the shadow of Hannah is so long that a player of his greatness is lost in it. 

Ty Law. I know people are bitter he left, but he has a strong claim based on career numbers, pro-bowls, and SB wins.

I'd also mention Clayborn, Matt Light, and Grogan.  

blog post photo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Brady

Hannah

Morgan

Tippett

I am actually a bit shocked more people didn't mention Morgan. Maybe there are a lot of 20 somethings who missed it, and he fell into the shadow of some other guys. But he was one of the first 10000 yard plus WRs. It's not so impressive now (!) but when you consider of the 30 ahead of him 25 played during or through the 1990s and 2000s which means they played after the rules for roughing the passer came into effect, or after the PI point of emphasis.

He had a career 19.3 ypr, which is stand alone. Only Flipper Anderson is above him if we remove the guys who played a long time ago (60s and before) when high YPR was very common because WRs were really just guys you threw deep too after running the ball 5 or 6 times.

And his 72 TDS, kind of like his 10,000 yards, which places him 32nd, is also backed by the fact that the people ahead of him, minus 6 or 7 guys were all products of the 1990s and later style of football. 

Even after Bledsoe aired it out 600 times a season and Brady helmed one of the most impressive aerial attacks in NFL history, he is still the leader and only Welker comes close ... and it aint that close. 

Bruce Armstrong: 6 time pro bowler who could have been a seven timer if he hadn't lost a half season mid-career. Just an elite football player at RT and LT. Perhaps the shadow of Hannah is so long that a player of his greatness is lost in it. 

Ty Law. I know people are bitter he left, but he has a strong claim based on career numbers, pro-bowls, and SB wins.

I'd also mention Clayborn, Matt Light, and Grogan.  

blog post photo

Yeah, I agree about the coach vs. player thing. i was using the format that PFT is using on their site for all the teams. They included coaches and owners.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

For coaches, which is a proper MT Rushmore in my mind ... it's way too easy. 

When you've had not one but TWO systems (one offensive and one defensive) named after your coaches, you know they are going up. 

Sure you could state cases for Parcells and Holovak. 

But my list would be:

Belichik -- one of the greatest coaches all-time.

Chuck Fairbanks -- inventor of the two-gap 3-4 defense. Took the team to the playoffs, but left perhaps too early. 

Ron Erhardt -- innovator of the Erhardt-Perkins offense. His 441 points on offense was a record that stood until 2007 when BB blew the doors off of it: using the Ehardt-Perkins system itself. 

Raymond Berry -- Second only to BB in playoff wins. Third to BB and Holovak in win total. Third to BB and Parcells in win percentage. If not for a monstrous Bears squad... he might have won NE it's first SB victory. That was my first gut-wrenching sports experience as a youth, to be topped and backed up by the 1986 World Series loss just a few months down the road. 

blog post photo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Brady

Hannah

Morgan

Tippett