NE PATS.COM GIVES US JANORIS JENKINS IN ROUND 1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

NE PATS.COM GIVES US JANORIS JENKINS IN ROUND 1

new mocks:

nepats.com

brockers 27 and jenkins 31 in rd 1

walterftball

curry 27, then still (in a reversal, still branch drop, curry up)
    then branch at 48 and josh robinison

nepats go barron at detroit spot, walter goes jenkins

walter goes barron to dallas
    nepats goes de castro

the majority of consensus i see everywhere is jennkins to detroit. if he gets by them, i hope we squeeze the trigger on him

ONOE OF MANY websites ON THE NET where you can find jenkins being discussed as a shutdown corner:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/story/permalink/30866

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: NE PATS.COM GIVES US JANORIS JENKINS IN ROUND 1

I am with you, I would love to see Janoris Jenkens in round 1. I would take him over Barron if he was available, and find antother safety. Folks all talk about JJ's off field problems (which I think can be controlled in the Pats locker room) but nobody mentions what a DYNAMIC return man he is also!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

Ya'll know bill wont draft anyone we as fans like he will probably End up drafting someone we've never heard of or didn't talk about.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

I'd be pretty surprised if Brockers falls to 27, but I would absolutely approve of that 1st round.  On paper it presents a bit of a logjam (arrington, mccourty, dowling, jenkins) but I also felt great about the corner group coming into last season....and that didn't turn out so well.  No such thing as too many good cover guys, and Jenkins is awesome in that area.  Maybe Stephen Hill falls into the 2nd round?  His physical skill-set is a-w-e-s-o-m-e.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

If we got Brockers and Jenkins, I would do backflips. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

IMO that would be an ideal addition of youth and outright athletic ability, the type that is currently lacking on D.  When Brockers gets some good coaching and works on staying low, he'll be a tough assingment.  Important not to take the Jenkins projection for granted though, he has had serious off the field issues.  Getting younger and faster is rarely a poor decision.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Jenkins has three arrests, fought with his coaches until they kicked him into the next state, and will drop well out of round 1.  I'll pin a third round label on him.  Hernandez dropped to round 4 because of two pot arrests, and people said he wouldn't last in the NFL. 

Jenkins's worst fault is that he's weak against the run.  I don't know if BB will tolerate that in a player.  He's also small and weak and will get beaten up by receivers.  BB will tolerate shrimps.  For once I disagree with the Patriots' coaching staff.  I don't like shrimpy players because they only last half a season and then they break like a plastic Asian toy.  Otherwise the kid has some tools:  fluid hips, long enough arms, 4.46 speed.

BB won't hold Jenkins's two pot arrests against him, and probably won't hold Jenkins's fighting arrest against him.

I'm going to put my conditional stamp of approval on Michael Brockers.  BB will always grab a great nose tackle if one is available, and this guy looks like he can never be single-teamed.  The kid is really raw.  Bulk Brockers up to 400 lbs, teach him that swim move and leave him in the weight room for 6 months to a year.  Flyweights like Walrus Wilfork can always play defensive end.  I'd select him at #27.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

I agree that Jenkins isn't great in run support, but there are far more reluctant dbs in the league (paging asante samuel)...Honestly he's probably about average in that department, and his man cover skills are awesome.  He can get overpowered by the megatron type guys, but he plays pretty feisty for a thinner corner in terms of press and run stuff.  It seems likely that both of these prospects will be gone by the time 27 rolls around though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

How great would a Curry, Still, Branch haul be?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Can I sell you on Curry, Stephen Hill, and Jenkins?  Those Clemson edge rushers always seem to underwhelm in the pros, and I don't see much suddenness in Branch's game.  And the Pats really do need to get younger at WR, I like the additions but they are way too elderly on the outside as of right now.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: NE PATS.COM GIVES US JANORIS JENKINS IN ROUND 1:
    [QUOTE]I am with you, I would love to see Janoris Jenkens in round 1. I would take him over Barron if he was available, and find antother safety. Folks all talk about JJ's off field problems (which I think can be controlled in the Pats locker room) but nobody mentions what a DYNAMIC return man he is also!
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]

thats a good point. however if i had a shut down corner on my team, i wouldnt play him on special teams where he could lose a season (or any time even). jsut play the wr.

we can move mccourty to safety. he has the skills to play safety more than cb

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Ya'll know bill wont draft anyone we as fans like he will probably End up drafting someone we've never heard of or didn't talk about.
    Posted by No-Mercy-Defence[/QUOTE]

usually yes, but i slected ras i dowling as the cb id like to get last year (if the injury situation cheked out), and we got him and he started day 1 with no real camp.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I'd be pretty surprised if Brockers falls to 27, but I would absolutely approve of that 1st round.  On paper it presents a bit of a logjam (arrington, mccourty, dowling, jenkins) but I also felt great about the corner group coming into last season....and that didn't turn out so well.  No such thing as too many good cover guys, and Jenkins is awesome in that area.  Maybe Stephen Hill falls into the 2nd round?  His physical skill-set is a-w-e-s-o-m-e.
    Posted by andrewmcintosh[/QUOTE]

most of those guys we have are not good cover guys imo, except ras i.

ye si too would love hill.
    dotn know hed make it to us late rd2, which  believe might be the earliest we go wr.there are so many good wrs coming out this year.

its not a hihg need, b ut because it is such an unusual year, id like a big outside wr and a dynamite slot guy in this draft and udfa.

re dt, we should be able to get one of still, brockers or reyes i would think (all 1st rd talent)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]If we got Brockers and Jenkins, I would do backflips. 
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

glad to meet you.
    u and me both

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]IMO that would be an ideal addition of youth and outright athletic ability, the type that is currently lacking on D.  When Brockers gets some good coaching and works on staying low, he'll be a tough assingment.  Important not to take the Jenkins projection for granted though, he has had serious off the field issues.  Getting younger and faster is rarely a poor decision.

if not for his off field issues (pot) he would be a top 10 draft pick and we wouldnt get a chance. taking chances is how we landed gronk, and hern and if ras i stays on the field we will be saying the same about him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Jenkins has three arrests, fought with his coaches until they kicked him into the next state, and will drop well out of round 1.  I'll pin a third round label on him.  Hernandez dropped to round 4 because of two pot arrests, and people said he wouldn't last in the NFL.  Jenkins's worst fault is that he's weak against the run.  I don't know if BB will tolerate that in a player.  He's also small and weak and will get beaten up by receivers.  BB will tolerate shrimps.  For once I disagree with the Patriots' coaching staff.  I don't like shrimpy players because they only last half a season and then they break like a plastic Asian toy.  Otherwise the kid has some tools:  fluid hips, long enough arms, 4.46 speed. BB won't hold Jenkins's two pot arrests against him, and probably won't hold Jenkins's fighting arrest against him. I'm going to put my conditional stamp of approval on Michael Brockers.  BB will always grab a great nose tackle if one is available, and this guy looks like he can never be single-teamed.  The kid is really raw.  Bulk Brockers up to 400 lbs, teach him that swim move and leave him in the weight room for 6 months to a year.  Flyweights like Walrus Wilfork can always play defensive end.  I'd select him at #27.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

funny post paul. (flyweight wilfork:)

i dont liek shrimpy wr nor dbs. there are excpetions. jenkins has played beasts like alshon jefferey man to man and done well.

re the run.

nfl is about passing. having a top tier player against the pass is worth it, in fact with a shut down corner you will be able to stop the run more easily instead of needing 5 or 6 dbs to try (and fail) to stop the pass. ras i and jenkins will free up bb much more to use players elsewhere. if hes smart, he'll realize this. sometimes you gotta grow and or expand your perspective to accomplish your goals.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]How great would a Curry, Still, Branch haul be?
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

i want curry as part of my draft. had branch ealrier but will sacrifice him for being able to get jenkins, (still, brockers or reyes) and curry in first 3 picks; then big outside receiver.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Can I sell you on Curry, Stephen Hill, and Jenkins?  Those Clemson edge rushers always seem to underwhelm in the pros, and I don't see much suddenness in Branch's game.  And the Pats really do need to get younger at WR, I like the additions but they are way too elderly on the outside as of right now.  

if you can grant a fantasy, ill take Jenkins, still or brockers or reyes, curry and hill.
    more likely a different outside receiver with 4th pick (be great if jeffery makes it there).

but if we get a 1 for welker, it might all be possible.
    selling bill on it will be another matter :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

andrew,
    re: "I'd be pretty surprised if Brockers falls to 27"

likely he or still falls to 27 and if not, reyes will be there. also if the first 2 are taken someone else will slip who is not expected to.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The more I read about Jenkins the less I like him. He's a mini Cro, except he's trying to out do the original

1) He was kicked out of a program known for taking in problem players and letting them graduate with "personal hygiene" degrees just to get them on the team. What does it take to get tossed off a team like that?

2) His multiple arrests are concerning that he didn't learn not once, not twice, but still committed a third offense

3) Getting suspended at his new school. Going to a Div II school you'd think someone with top 15 talent could have the run of things. Well he still got suspended for violating team policy

4) Ongoing drug issues. He's already admitted that he's still battling drug addiction as recently as 1 year ago

5) 4 kids in under 4 years with 3 women. All while getting booted out of a major program and not knowing if he'd even get a payday at the pro's. It shows an incredible amount of irresponsibility, lack of maturity, and extremely poor self control. Combine these issues with his admitted drug problem and this becomes a powder keg waiting to happen

That's a lot of red flags for me to even consider him in the 1st. I know he has exceptional talent but, then again how do we know that? Having to play at a Div II school means we never got to see him at his best playing his best. As far as we all know he's already hit his ceiling. To many question marks and red flags for me. No thank you. I do like Campbells mock though where he has us taking Curry #27, Still #31, and Branch #48. If that was true I'd be doing back flips

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brawny27. Show Brawny27's posts

In response to "Re: NE PATS.COM GIVES US JANORIS JENKINS IN ROUND 1": [QUOTE]Ya'll know bill wont draft anyone we as fans like he will probably End up drafting someone we've never heard of or didn't talk about. Posted by No-Mercy-Defence[/QUOTE] You said it right!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

A few thoughts based on what i've been reading....

Bred: I'm higher on Brockers than Reyes or Still, I think he has upisde based on natural explosion and power that neither of the other two possess, but that's just my opinion.  Doesn't mean Still and/or Reyes won't be nice players, I just really like the growth Brockers has shown when paired with his potential.  And I loved Jefferies at the NCAA level, but I don't see the shake and get-off after the snap that someone of his size needs...DBs will get their hands on him and I really question if he'll be able to get downfield (ala Mike Williams/Dwayne Jarrett).

PatsEng:  The off the field stuff re: Jenkins is totally legit, there are real red flags there so I understand the concern.  But on the field he plays nothing like Cro, who is high cut and tall, whereas Jenkins is more compact and low-centered.  Cromartie is a fine straight line athlete, but he doesn't move well and has tight hips due to his height and build; I see far far more fluid movements in short spaces from Jenkins.  He clings in man coverage much like Revis, and it seems like he has the anticipation and ball-skills to play the off zone looks.  From a pure production standpoint I love his game, he blanked just about everyone he played at UF.

Hopefully all goes well and the Pats come away with the next Demarcus Ware Cool

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I know BB likes to chase value and will go after players that have seen their stock drop due to injury or personality or legal issues, but this guy just seems more over the top than anyone we have taken that I can remember.  Also a lot of the guys that we have taken with baggage did not cost 1st round picks.  If anyone can straighten this kid out it's BB, but I would be surprised if we took him with a 1st.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Most mocks I've looked at don't have Jenkins getting past the Lions at 23 and have NE taking a CB with their second pick in the 2nd round.  I'd much prefer to see them go DL/LB with the 2 firsts unless Barron is available.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to NE PATS.COM GIVES US JANORIS JENKINS IN ROUND 1:
    [QUOTE]new mocks: nepats.com brockers 27 and jenkins 31 in rd 1 walterftball curry 27, then still (in a reversal, still branch drop, curry up) then branch at 48 and josh robinison nepats go barron at detroit spot, walter goes jenkins walter goes barron to dallas nepats goes de castro the majority of consensus i see everywhere is jennkins to detroit. if he gets by them, i hope we squeeze the trigger on him ONOE OF MANY websites ON THE NET where you can find jenkins being discussed as a shutdown corner: http://www.profootballweekly.com/story/permalink/30866
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

These are the same guys who one week earlier had the Pats trading their 27th and 31st picks to St. Louis, for the Rams' 6th overall pick. 

This latest mock is only slightly more realistic. But, as I've stated previously in my mock draft thread below, I don't want Brockers. Though he has all the physical tools, he didn't do that much at LSU...and is a sophomore, coming out early. He's too much of a "project" to be taken in round one.

Janoris Jenkins is among the elite group of four CBs available. Since he has a boat-load of character concerns, it's somewhat possible that he'll fall to the Patriots. But, even if he did, it's doubtful that BB will take him. 

Jenkins got kicked off the team at the University of Florida, and played last year at Northern Alabama. He's been arrested for marijuana charges on multiple occasions...saying that he's been smoking it all his life. He was arrested for being in a bar fight, and was kicked out of a game at Northern Alabama for punching an opposing player. He has also fathered 4 children, by three different women: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/02/26/janoris.jenkins/
    index.html
    ; and http://www.freep.com/article/20120303/SPORTS18/120302066/Jamie-Samuelsen-s-blog-Lions-shouldn-t-be-scared-off-by-Janoris-Jenkins-character-issues

Let the Lions have him.