NE ranked 16 for Special Team rankings,Punting that is another story

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

NE ranked 16 for Special Team rankings,Punting that is another story

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/021410dnspospecialteams.3df2052.html

PUNTING

Best: Oakland, 51.1 yards

Worst: New England, 39.0 yards

NET PUNTING

Best: Oakland, 43.9 yards

Worst: New England, 34.0 yards

Time to look for a new punter....Hansen is a FA and this is not a one year thing with him.

Rk. Team Points
    1. Cleveland 215.5
    2. Tampa Bay 256.5
    3. Buffalo 274
    4. Cowboys 288
    5. NY Jets 296.5
    6. Chicago 302
    7. San Diego 320
    8. Arizona 320.5
    9. Minnesota 325.5
    10. Miami 327.5
    11. Seattle 330
    12. Kansas City 341
    13. Oakland 342.5
    14. Atlanta 357
    15. Pittsburgh 360.5
    16. New England 361.5
    17. Philadelphia 367.5
    18. Baltimore 369
    18. St. Louis 369
    20. NY Giants 384
    21. San Francisco 391
    22. Houston 394.5
    23. Cincinnati 397
    24. Denver 402
    25. Detroit 413.5
    26. Tennessee 424
    27. Washington 426.5
    28. Indianapolis 432.5
    29. New Orleans 441.5
    30. Jacksonville 452
    31. Green Bay 460.5
    32. Carolina 473

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

Re: NE ranked 16 for Special Team rankings,Punting that is another story

Brad Seeley is the Browns special teams coach.
    He held the same position for NE from 1999-2008.
    Looks like the Pats let a good one get away.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I have said this before this season and I am saying it again before 2010 we need to draft or go out and get a better Punter in Free Agency. I don't care what way we do it just...DO IT!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Yeah, Hanson has to go.Even when Ken Walter was averaging 39 yards per punt, at least he could stick it inside the twenty every once in a while.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I can't remember the last time we had a good punter.  This guy and the guy before him both stink.  I think BB doesn't like to spend any money on the position.

Kick-off returns were an embarrassment and need to be upgraded.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I am a little biased but Rich Camarrillo was the best Punter I have ever seen and we have never been even close to having one like him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Jeff Feagles?  Wasn't Camarillo the dope who slapped AndreTippet was was cut soon afterward?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

~Rocher got to the crux before me...  Last year in all the hoop-la of losing our much higher-ups in O-Coordinator and Director of Scouting/FA Acquisitions, merely losing Brad Seely, who was trully an outstanding Special Teams Coach, Became a mere aferthought to most...  Seely, who was plucked by Eric Mangini of the Browns, and made Assistant Coach/Special Teams Coach, was another Ratgini move before finding himself in Cleveland's doghouse (e.g. trying to steal pc notebooks in his last days in foxboro, taking any and all players/personell he possibly could from N.E. as a Jet) -which Illustrated yet again Eric Mangini's utterly pathetic personal ability to find/coach/acquire his own core of personell/players/schematics...sad. 

Now, RE: Brad Seely...His greatest asset was how he could, 1st: quickly and accurately evaluate what it took to be a standout Special Teamer, Then 2nd: almost seemlessly pluck in, No-Name players on Special Teams after another ST-guy got injured.  Gotta recall that pre-someone selected in the draft like Matt Slater, simply for his potential kick return abilities, Seely mainly worked with what he already had on the team (with only a small couple of core select ST guys who many overemphasised these few player's skills, over Jeff Seely's skills)...  Seely was also, the single most important N.E. personell credited with coaching-up Stephen Gostkowski to being one of the best kicker's in the NFL today...

~In the end, I don't know WHY Bill Belichick wouldn't offer either Pees, or moreso to me, Seely's dedicated success and loyalty to him for 10 years of service, by offering Seely an arbitray Title-promotion and subsequent decent pay increase...  Ya can't go in thinking that it doesn't matter since like in the past, you'll eventually lose him like other Coaches, like you've lost your other personell guys.  And ya can't go in worried about losing the extra and privy inside-info Seely would have as a now another type of assistant coach...  The good news is that maybe Belichick will fire our new Special Teams Coach (unless we don't have one), and take over his and the waterboy's positions too...  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bowl. Show bowl's posts

Patriots still have Tom Malone?  :-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

OAKLAND WINS THE SUPERBOWL!!!
    PUNTER SHANE HANNIBAL LECHLER NAMED MVP
    for his 8 marvelous punts~2 inside the 5 the other 6 were returned for a minus 7 yards, also Lechler ran a fake end around quadruple lateral fleaflicker hook and ladder deep post for a TD, plus he held on all place kicks. He is a FA this year and his agent has demanded 30 million guaranteed....Dan Snyder meet the demand skewing the market for all punters forever.Cool

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"OAKLAND WINS THE SUPERBOWL!!!
    PUNTER SHANE HANNIBAL LECHLER NAMED MVP
    for his 8 marvelous punts~2 inside the 5 the other 6 were returned for a minus 7 yards, also Lechler ran a fake end around quadruple lateral fleaflicker hook and ladder deep post for a TD, plus he held on all place kicks. He is a FA this year and his agent has demanded 30 million guaranteed....Dan Snyder meet the demand skewing the market for all punters forever."

~Lol...So O.k., your overall point is well taken Harley: The team has just a few (dozen) more pressing concerns than getting an upgrade at the all-too-desperately-critical position of Team Punter (lol, I'm assuming that was your subtle hint which was lost on most-including myself)... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Lazarus  (my poetry reader...my only poetry reader lol) my point was...I really didn't have a point. I'm just saying punting is important aspect of the game and  the Pats treat it as an afterthought....field position, field position,field position.

I would like the Pats to take this position a little more seriously and draft the best cold weather punter available in the 6th round. Remember when Parcells was looking for  a kicker and said he looked at all the Kickers that played in the snow and came up with Adam Vinitarti....that worked out well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

If underdogg(g) was here he'd tell you how Mike Scifres single-handedly bounced his beloved Colts from the playoffs two years ago.

Do not undersetimate the significance of quality punting.

Somebody on here told me once that Hanson is able to stick around despite the fact that he clearly blows because Belicick has some hare-brained idea about how left-footed punters totally discombobulate return strategies.

Personally, I have yet to see any evidence of it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Lazarus  (my poetry reader...my only poetry reader lol) my point was...I really didn't have a point. I'm just saying punting is important aspect of the game and the Pats treat it as an afterthought....field position, field position,field position.
    I would like the Pats to take this position a little more seriously and draft the best cold weather punter available in the 6th round. Remember when Parcells was looking for  a kicker and said he looked at all the Kickers that played in the snow and came up with Adam Vinitarti....that worked out well.
    bring on the......draft, two at a time."

Lol...See, boy I really wasn't even close on that last one, was I?  Hey Harley, You'll like My Award Speech on TexasPat's Thread.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

That really isn't fair. The Raiders get so much more practical game experience punting.

How well do they stack up in, let's say, offense?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Offense  shmawfence punting is where it's at. Most important player on the team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In Response to Re: NE ranked 16 for Special Team rankings,Punting that is another story:
    I am a little biased but Rich Camarrillo was the best Punter I have ever seen and we have never been even close to having one like him.
    Posted by DaBlade

I remember going to a game years ago and during warmups Camarillo was booting punts 70-80 yards! When he punted during the game he stunk. My friends and I figured out it was his steps. During warmups he was taking a lot of steps before he punted. During the game he could only take a couple and he wasn't nearly as effective. He could punt the ball on a kickoff further than the kicker!

Sections
Shortcuts