neal retires

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan1994. Show patsfan1994's posts

neal retires

stephen neal retires. Does this make a bigger push to resign light and mankins and than draft a olineman high

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATinPA. Show PATinPA's posts

Re: neal retires

I personally think this makes interior o-lineman a huge need right now with Neal gone, Mankins situation up in the air, and Coppen aging the PATS need a major upgrade in the middle. I have been on the Pouncey band wagon for a while now and I think this justifies drafting him earlier than some would like. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I don't think this changes anything really. With Neals recent injuries and knowledge he'd be gone after next year anyways I think gettng a G was a priority all along. My feeling as in past history they will target a starting T and G between the 2nd and 3rd round area (my guess is trading back 33 to the late 30's really early 40's and grabbing both a G and a T with that one and either 60 or 74). Then they will also target a couple projections in the mid to late rounds

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan1994. Show patsfan1994's posts

my only problem with pouncey is is he as good as everyone makes him seem or is he getting hyped up because how well his brother played. We dont need a Eli Manning situation here just because his brother has been incredible (i almost threw up typing that sentence)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Good luck Neal. It was a pleasure having you sport a Flying Elvis.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Thank you Mr. Neal for all you did. From undrafted college wrestler to NFL starter on some great teams.........glad you got out with all your facaulties about you .........best of luck...........

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATinPA. Show PATinPA's posts

From my reading I guess the kid is as football knowledgeable as his brother and watching him pull from center this year was pretty impressive. If he gets his shotgun snap down I think he can be elite.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

A great story,a great guy and a very good guard.He will be missed sorely.The Patriots must now draft two guards who can play in the league right now(or sign a free agent or two,and Dahl would be the first one I'd look at).Connelly may be the the answer at one guard slot but the will need at least two rooks of free agents who are ready to play and play well.No one with the sense of a chia pet would risk Brady's well-being with a wing and a prayer.Pouncy and Moffitt or Moffitt and Henry would do the trick.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Great player, sad to see him go.

IMO, this means we will need Mankins that much more. Connolly can be a decent replacement but I don't think we can lose both starting Guards and not expect to have a problem on our hands. Especially since we might lose Light as well. I don't want us grabbing Oline with the first three picks but if we do lose Mankins, that might have to be done.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Connolly will be a more than good enough replacement. Hes earned it with his play last year and should be fine next year with a job. 

Also lol @ the picture on the front of the page saying Neal is retired and showing Connolly. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Sad to see Neal go.  A good player and a great story, too.  I think his retirement was generally expected though . . . so I'm not sure it changes much, but it does reinforce the necessity of picking up some interior linemen in the offseason. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

He was very good at his job.  To bad he couldn't stay healthy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Always liked Neal; great story, really good player.  Battled injuries most of his career and still contributed on a high level.  Wish him the best.

BB will do what he will do to rework that O-line.  Connolly is a more than adequate replacement for either of the guard positions.  Not particularly profound or incisive but probably sign a vet FA or 2 and then grab someone in the 2nd or 3rd and later in the draft.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Seems like yesterday that we were reading about the great college wrestler who was trying to translate his skills to the NFL.  Give Scarnecchia a guy with raw skills and he molds them, say that for sure.  It was interesting to follow his progression.

I would say Mankins has a little more leverage today than he had yesterday, and that the Pats will surely be looking O line with one of those 1st rounders. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Too bad about his last 2 years because he was one of the more criminally underrated players in the league.

Wow, could he open a hole for an RB.  His only issue was health.

Great career.  3 rings, 4 SB appearances.  Not too shabby.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

In Response to Re: neal retires:
    Too bad about his last 2 years because he was one of the more criminally underrated players in the league. Wow, could he open a hole for an RB.  His only issue was health. Great career.  3 rings, 4 SB appearances.  Not too shabby.
    Posted by BBReigns

Neal embodies the mental and physical toughness of this O-Line.  Don't discount the works of Coach Scar either.  I don't think Bill will use a early roung pick for an O-Lineman because he can find the talent later and Scar can coach them up as well as anyone can in the league.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

Couldn't they have found a picture of Neal yawning for the Pats page ?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

What an athletic career this guy has had, still remember him going after that loose ball/fumble against Green Bay...which lead to his first of many shoulder injuries.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan1994. Show patsfan1994's posts

In Response to Re: neal retires:
    In Response to Re: neal retires : and what's wrong with an "Eli situation"? remember: Eli 1 Brady 0 so there!
    Posted by JintsFan

for being drafted number one he is horrible. he has thrown 113 interceptions to only 156 touchdowns. he only got drafted number one because his brother is going into the hall of fame with no questions. dont even bring up he has a super bowl ring because so does trent dilfer. I'd take rivers over E. Manning anyday

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Great story and proof that the Scarnecchia is very good at his job. I still think we could see a minor overhaul of the offensive line akin to what has happened with the LB corps after retirement of some quality veterans. Belichick does not necessarily need to draft an O lineman in the 1st or 2nd, but the Patriots do need some depth and potential future starters at some very important positions (LT, OG). Keeping Brady upright is still vital to winning. I can't see any team giving up the picks for Mankins. The O Line is an issue that does not supplant developing a pass rush in terms of importance.

Sections
Shortcuts