Need to trade Mallett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Need to trade Mallett

Brady extension most likely means Mallett won't resign when his contract is up.

No matter who the backup is next season, I don't see the Patriots winning the Super Bowl if Brady goes down...

Which is why I'm okay with someone like Cassel or Hoyer coming back to be a backup. If they want to spend a little money, maybe Moore.

But no way Mallett is going to resign here now that Brady is here.

Time to trade him while he has 2 years left on his deal. Most players lose a lot of trade value when they are in their contract year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Need to trade Mallett

I agree, if we can get a top 50 pick trade him now. If it's not a top 50 I might keep him just because it would costs us that much just to replace him

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I agree, this is a draft w/ a slim amount of QB talent so I bet you can turn him into a good draft return. Mallet always had a big arm but in big gm's at Arkansas he always folded like a lawn chair.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

just because he is signed til age 40 doesn't mean he will be playing for NE til age 40. if BB see's a rising star in mallett he will have no problems shipping brady if his play declines in the next couple seasons.

If BB thinks he has a rising star in Mallett, he doesn't extend Brady 3 years.

If BB thinks he has a rising star in Mallett, they don't make that public info...unless he's trying to raise his trade value.

Even without the extension, Mallett probably would've entered his FA year with little playing time. Why raise his price to all other teams by saying he's a rising star? 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

Here's an idea: Mankins and Mallett to Arizona for Larry Fitzgerald.  Arizon is years off, but they still need that QB.

Alex Smith, if he does end up in KC, what's out there? Seattle will not be likely to deal within the division sending Matt Flynn to Arizona.

I wonder what Arians thinks about Mallett? Does Mallett remind him of Big Ben?

Hmm.

I do not think Arizona is going to trade Larry Fitz at all, but if they did it would surely involve draft picks as opposed to players.  I know Mallett is tall, but he is nothing like Big Ben.  Ben is huge and mobile.  Mallett is neither.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:

just because he is signed til age 40 doesn't mean he will be playing for NE til age 40. if BB see's a rising star in mallett he will have no problems shipping brady if his play declines in the next couple seasons.

Brady didn't take a low salary to be traded

brady doesn't own or run the new england patriots. he's a player.

Together Kraft/BB/ Brady turned us from Patsies to perennial champs.....Brady DID NOT sign this contract thinking BB or Kraft would screw him. I guess the word Loyalty wasn't floated in your household...

Right on!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Was just gonna post that this probably means they have something already in the works for Mallett. This year's QB crop leaves much to be desired making Mallett look even better than his ceiling. If we could get a 2nd and a 4th/5th for him, I'd kiss Babe!!!

Here's an idea: Mankins and Mallett to Arizona for Larry Fitzgerald.  Arizona is years off, but they still need that QB. So, Fitzgerald appears like he's wasting his years. 

Alex Smith, if he does end up in KC, what's out there? Seattle will not be likely to deal within the division sending Matt Flynn to Arizona.

Hmm.

Let's not compare Mallet to Ben. Mallet is very limited athletically, Ben is not.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Was just gonna post that this probably means they have something already in the works for Mallett. This year's QB crop leaves much to be desired making Mallett look even better than his ceiling. If we could get a 2nd and a 4th/5th for him, I'd kiss Babe!!!

Here's an idea: Mankins and Mallett to Arizona for Larry Fitzgerald.  Arizona is years off, but they still need that QB. So, Fitzgerald appears like he's wasting his years. 

Hmm.

Let's not compare Mallet to Ben. Mallet is very limited athletically, Ben is not.

Don't really agree. Mallett is not Mike Vick, but he;s not limited at all. Did you even watch him in college?

He was projected 1dt rd pick prior to the draft in 2011. I am not going to argue the thin QB market right now and what that means here again.

BB did not draft Mallett in Rd 3 to have him hold a clipboard. It was either keep Brady until the end or pull the plug on Brady, get picks and commit to Mallett. The more obvious, safer choice has been made.

Yes I did see him in college both at Michigan then at Arkansas. He is VERY limited athletically, clearly you didn't see him play.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

what does it even matter? since when does a qb NEED to be athletically gifted to succeed at the position? is brady athletically gifted? peyton manning? 

like brady and manning, mallett moves around the pocket well, has awareness, intelligence, and buy time without running 4.4 40's like these other young guys who have been coming into the league. 

brady has more rings than rodgers, newton, rg3, luck, wilson, vick, kaepernick, and any other athletically gifted QB you can think of in the NFL today combined. 

I'm not saying a QB has has to be a great athlete to be good, they don't we all know this. Griswold compared Mallet to Big Ben saying they are the same type QB which I merely stated they aren't. He just doesn't like anyone disagreeing w/ him even on something minor. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Hmm.

Don't really agree. Mallett is not Mike Vick, but he;s not limited at all. Did you even watch him in college?

He was projected 1dt rd pick prior to the draft in 2011. I am not going to argue the thin QB market right now and what that means here again.

BB did not draft Mallett in Rd 3 to have him hold a clipboard. It was either keep Brady until the end or pull the plug on Brady, get picks and commit to Mallett. The more obvious, safer choice has been made.

Yes I did see him in college both at Michigan then at Arkansas. He is VERY limited athletically, clearly you didn't see him play.

I saw him play. You make it seem like he's Dan Fouts in cement shoes. He's not. Ben Roethlisberger is also not that athletic at all. He just prefers throwing from the outside of the pocket, as a way buy time.

Clearly, I did see him play, and you think MIke Vick athleticism has to be the main compoenent for a QB.

MAllett is 6'5, so is Big Ben.  You're acting like Ben is fleet afoot which is comical.

No you fool I never said a QB has to athletic to be sucessful. I merely didn't agree w/ you that Mallet was as athletic as Ben thats it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Trade him , and bring Cassell back.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Can someone here explain to this ole timer how exactly Ryan Mallett has crappy foot work? Can't roll out of the pocket?

I neen help cuz I ain't seein nothin but a Kid with decent pocket movement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHDmI2VI3qs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukt3Y64EktY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OurYaWeYlQw