need your opinion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: need your opinion

It wouldn't turn into a popularity contest. It wouldn't be where a few people reporting you or flagging you would cause you to lose your account. No way.

It'd be a lot more refined.

We'd open up one system and then see how it works. I don't think it'll be an issue until the user base grows big anyway.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Glad to have you back.   missed the chick in the pic!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Sounds interesting, I'd like to help anyway I can.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to apdynasty23's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey guys, I used to be a frequent poster here but do not contribute as much these days because of new schedule and prioritities.

I've always been really into sports forums but I feel they're all antiquated, unreliable, moderated unfairly, and unorganized. I especially hate the ads too.

I'm working on a platform where you can add all your teams to one page and manage all of your conversations (regardless of which team you root for) on one site. Some key things I'm working on:

1) The more valuable your contributions are in the eyes of your audience, the more premium space you get for other fans to read your insights and opinions.

2) Moderation is done by the community.

3) Each post can be voted up or down, flagged, etc.

4) There would definitely be a mobile app/mobile site so you can instantly start threads and comment without having to wait for an entire newspaper site to load.

Wanted to get your thoughts overall. Any feedback is appreciated!

[/QUOTE]

Voting and flagging is great, but there should be accountability on voters and flaggers too. I am sure you've noticed that folks here can be crazy petty and hold grudges - fully capable of abusing a voting and flagging system that does not hold them accountable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sounds interesting, I'd like to help anyway I can.

[/QUOTE]

Woz, definitely. Shoot me an email at anandp[at]myriann.com and I'll let you know when the interface is ready to preview. mbeaulieu07 has emailed me too which is exciting. You two are a few of the people I come here to read so that'll be cool to get your feedback as we launch.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to apdynasty23's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey guys, I used to be a frequent poster here but do not contribute as much these days because of new schedule and prioritities.

I've always been really into sports forums but I feel they're all antiquated, unreliable, moderated unfairly, and unorganized. I especially hate the ads too.

I'm working on a platform where you can add all your teams to one page and manage all of your conversations (regardless of which team you root for) on one site. Some key things I'm working on:

1) The more valuable your contributions are in the eyes of your audience, the more premium space you get for other fans to read your insights and opinions.

2) Moderation is done by the community.

3) Each post can be voted up or down, flagged, etc.

4) There would definitely be a mobile app/mobile site so you can instantly start threads and comment without having to wait for an entire newspaper site to load.

Wanted to get your thoughts overall. Any feedback is appreciated!

[/QUOTE]

Voting and flagging is great, but there should be accountability on voters and flaggers too. I am sure you've noticed that folks here can be crazy petty and hold grudges - fully capable of abusing a voting and flagging system that does not hold them accountable.

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. I've seen people that I know are Patriots fans get banned for having a controversial opinion while Jets fans come in frequently just to stir the pot and get away with it. The idea, in a nutshell, is to let the community moderate itself but there are many ways to do that and so we'll try one way and see how it works. We'll be in 'beta' testing for a while to see how our formula works.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Good luck apdynasty23.  I like simple. I don't do social media and personally think the whole like dislike thing is Juvenal.  Why give the Rusty's an extra icon.  I like how BDC's boards are layed out and easy to read and follow.  I've been to other boards and absolutely hate the structure and layouts.  I'm not looking for an all in one hub for all things sports.  I come just for Patriots and Red Sox and somtimes music and I prefer them on separate pages.  I'll definatly check you out when you done.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good luck apdynasty23.  I like simple. I don't do social media and personally think the whole like dislike thing is Juvenal.  Why give the Rusty's an extra icon.  I like how BDC's boards are layed out and easy to read and follow.  I've been to other boards and absolutely hate the structure and layouts.  I'm not looking for an all in one hub for all things sports.  I come just for Patriots and Red Sox and somtimes music and I prefer them on separate pages.  I'll definatly check you out when you done.

[/QUOTE]

I hear you on simplicity. It's part of what I do already: reduce 5 pages to 2 if possible and don't make something 3 mouse-clicks if 2 will do. That's the business I'm in. I would certainly not complicate matters for you.

And your point about 'not wanting an all in one hub for all things sports' is a good one and something that'll get addressed. Let's say you signed up with my platform, you go in and add Red Sox and Patriots to your account and boom, you're done. Now you'll see all conversations taking place involving those two teams. If you want to still go over and see what they're saying in 49ers-land, you can. If you're wanting to keep up with the Jets all year, add them to your account and you'll get their stuff too. You curate your own content, you control what you see and what you don't see.

Sections
Shortcuts