Negative nannies

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Negative nannies

My god folks the Ravens beat them and many here say they suk and etc....

They have longest stretch of 10 win seasons currently working and the next closest is 4.

they have ashot every year when most teams do not.

yes they have needs but the negativity is ludicrous 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: Negative nannies

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

They have longest stretch of 10 win seasons currently working and the next closest is 4.

Fat and happy. That's the surest way that organizations go down irreversibly. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Pats fans are REDICULOUSLY spoiled but still have the right to be angry with the recent post-season failures. What id the Celtics made it to the ECF and got blown out at home with a chance to advance? Wait... bad example!!! The nice thing is, we play in the cup-cake AFC East and should win 12-14 games per season for the next 3-4 years and be right in the thick of it at the end. It will be interesting to see how violent and drastic the fall off is when Brady retires. I am not looking forward to that season!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Do they give trophies for 10 win seasons? The Bills had a shot every year and early 90's and never won it. Do you think they would trade one Super win for the other three appearances? The Colts won 10+ games for nine straight seasons, won a single Super Bowl during that span and we mocked them for it.

What you perceive a negativity, I look at as fans who see this teams failure to win a Super Bowl over the past eight seasons despite having the best coach and best quarterback in the NFL as a sign that something is actually wrong with this team.

Honestly look at the Patriots over the past few seasons. They pile up regular season stats against mediocre and bad teams, but run into a tough defense in the playoffs and simple cannot score the points needed to win. On the flipside, the defense makes it through the regular season forcing turnovers and holding teams to FG goals, but they run into a team that protects the football and takes advantage of opportunities and no such luck.

Really it boils down to a "glass half-full/half-empty" argument. You can look at the Patriots over the past eight season as a team good enough to win 98 regular season games (averaging 11 per year), play in 4 conference championships and two Super Bowls, or you can just look at them as a team that has not been good enough to win the Super Bowl.

If you look at it the first way, you simple keep doing what you are doing and figure they will win the championship again. I look at it the second way and think their are changes that need to be made before this team hoist the Lombardi trophy again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Yeah your right....should we petition Kraft for an AFC FINALIST banner to hang in Gillette like the loser Dolts did...Like I stated in another thread - buy yoursself a jughead jersey, to celebrate his 12,13,14 wins every season, and pretend his 1 or 2 seed in playoffs and playoff CHOKE dont matter.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Maybe we should be like the Vikings as well - post a banner with playoof years and division titles.......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

You're absolutely right.... PERFECT ending to yet another PERFECT season. (Are you feeling all warm and fuzzy all over now?)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

There's a difference between having high expectations for your team, and feeling entitled.  Most of the negativity comes from a spoiled, entitled fan base.

They've come up short at the end, but they've MADE it to the end pretty much every single season.  If you lived through the Rod Rust 2-14 seasons, you should feel lucky to have the opportunity to be upset they lost the AFCCG.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:

There's a difference between having high expectations for your team, and feeling entitled.  Most of the negativity comes from a spoiled, entitled fan base.

They've come up short at the end, but they've MADE it to the end pretty much every single season.  If you lived through the Rod Rust 2-14 seasons, you should feel lucky to have the opportunity to be upset they lost the AFCCG.

I remember them well - what you may have forgotten during those years that the Pats were actually playing in a GOOD division. Sure Pats and Dolts were the bottom feeders, but Fins, Bills, and Jets were winning teams. You could take that 1-15 team put them in todays AFC East and they win at least 6 games, and potentially are division champ. As 8-8 this season would have won the AFC East...Next year 9-7 wins division...So again an inflated record will set up Pats for another playoff choke...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I bet those damned Bills' fans were negative in the Kelly era too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

What did they win??? I recall 4 SB chokes...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:

Me? I'm THRILLED we lost 2 SBs and an AFCCG in the last 6 years. Just as I'm sure jets fans are thrilled they lost 2 AFCCGs back to back. And Ravens' fans are thrilled they lost the AFCCG last year. Let the good times roll!

Just one question though. How can anybody be spoiled and entitled when we have not won a SB in 8 years? How long do we have to go to not be spoiled and entitled if we don't win one? 20 years? 50 years?

Never mind. I'm sure we will have plenty of chances when that future HOFer Mallet takes over. There is no sense of urgency at all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:

What did they win??? I recall 4 SB chokes...

Right. Duh. You're pretty quick on the uptake hunh?

Remind me, what have we won in the last 8 years? Not that any of that is comparable to the Kelly era Bills.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Me? I'm THRILLED we lost 2 SBs and an AFCCG in the last 6 years. Just as I'm sure jets fans are thrilled they lost 2 AFCCGs back to back. And Ravens' fans are thrilled they lost the AFCCG last year. Let the good times roll!

Just one question though. How can anybody be spoiled and entitled when we have not won a SB in 8 years? How long do we have to go to not be spoiled and entitled if we don't win one? 20 years? 50 years?

Never mind. I'm sure we will have plenty of chances when that future HOFer Mallet takes over. There is no sense of urgency at all.

I didn't say you should be thrilled.  In fact, I said you should be upset about it.  Try reading my post, it might help.

You can be upset without acting like a whining spoiled baby, though.  Precious few around here seem to know how to act like an adult.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Pats won NOTHING in 8 years - thats my point we have clowns in here that suddenly are just happy to make playoffs. All that matters is a Championships...Dolt fans in here 10 years ago were telling us that Colts were the best team because they had won more regular season games than Pats did during the 3 superbowl championships in 4 years run LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

ou are right it is not a great thing that they lost but they did. Mnay here are ready to fire BB, trade Brady etc... The fact is that despite the loss Sun and the past 8 yrs no other team has had the run the PATS HAVE HAD and for that I for one am very thank full

Pats fans have become as spoiled as Red Sox fans. They no longer are satisfied with a team that gives it's all. They almost demand a championship because anything else is a failure of every one and thing. Which is pure BS. 

Would you rather be the Raiders or Cardinals or Jags or any other team that has not had a sniff at any success in the past 10 yrs never mind a shot at a SB.

AS STATED YES THEY HAVE NEEDS  BUT TO SAY SOME OF THE THINGS BEING SAID HERE IS LUDICROUS.

THEY WERE GREAT AFTER THE 3=3 START. HE!! THEY COULD HAVE BEEN 15-1 IF IN THE FIRST 3 LOSSES THEY HAD SCORED 6 MORE POINTS.

i STAND BY THE NEGATIVE NANNIES AND THE FACT THAT PATRIOT FANS HAVE BECOME SPOILED JUST LIKE RED SOX FANS.

BTW I AM NOT A TROLL AND HAVE BEEN A RS/PATS/CELTS/B'S FAN SINCE THE LATE 50'S.

I HAVE ALSO LEARNED HOW THE TEAMS ACTUALLY FINISH HAS NO DIRECT BEARING ON ME.

Sections
Shortcuts