In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TSWFAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You've made your thoughts on this matter quite clear, Babe, as you acknowledge for quite some time.  It is my belief that you are overstating your case by quite a bit.  Many on this board deal in absolutes and you happen to be one of them.   Many others, however, myself among them, do not.  I would point out that there is ample evidence to support the contention that the team is not without depth, your prostestations to the contrary notwithstanding.  OL, LB, RB and to a lesser extent DB are examples.  Absent this depth the team would not be anywhere near as competitive as it was given the extent of season ending and/or game impacting injuries. 

You want Lombardis; so do the rest of us.  You say we'll never win another so long as BB is the GM.  Many of us disagree. 

As I pointed out in a thread I started earlier today, the Pats are the second youngest team in the NFL now.  I say there is much reason for optimism.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying it. I'm guaranteeing it.

[/QUOTE]

Babe, I'm a betting man [ponies]. Where do I my money down? Are you giving odds also?

[/QUOTE]

What form would you like a wager to take? Anything dome here would have to be for entertainment purposes only.

[/QUOTE]

Just funning Babe. Figure the Pats win the division next year with better record and get two home games with only the SB on the "road" Pats are young enough to do that for a while so they should have multiple shots.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Never another Lombardi,

Babe, old fella, easy now.  You know as well as I do that this kind of intensity is unhealthy for geezers like you and me. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

as long as BB remains GM.

Do you understand that? I'm guaranteeing it. NEVER.

Most of you will probably never see another Pats SB win in your lifetime.

Kraft is no longer sharp and is unlikely to make the needed changes. His kid shows no signs of being the man his dad was (Very few silver spoon kids do. Rather, they usually run the biz into the ground.).

So enjoy a couple more AFCEast titles. That's all you're getting.

[/QUOTE]

Well....it's a safe bet based on odds. The Pats are already way ahead of the curve with 3 wins and 7 total SB games so from an odds % this team may well be done for awhile.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Babe, old fella, easy now.  You know as well as I do that this kind of intensity is unhealthy for geezers like you and me. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm calm. My blood pressure has never been a problem. I'm not a type A at all. Heart checks out normal.

But I appreciate your concern ATJ.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Kraft is no longer sharp and is unlikely to make the needed changes. His kid shows no signs of being the man his dad was (Very few silver spoon kids do. Rather, they usually run the biz into the ground.).

[/QUOTE]

Well....it's a safe bet based on odds. The Pats are already way ahead of the curve with 3 wins and 7 total SB games so from an odds % this team may well be done for awhile.....

[/QUOTE]

the DICE roll is independent of how many passes you made in the past

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Very safe. Brady gets older every day. BB makes bad choices every year. An easy guarantee.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

BS.   Same Old Ka Ka!  Some of you guys are Like a Broken Record.  It's TB's Fault!- It's BB's Fault!   It's not one persons fault!  The Patriots win as a team and they lose as a team.  The TEAM lost. 

Sure I'm disappointed in the results.  But what's really important to me is that I still have my own game of life to play and this far outweighs what happens to any of the teams that I am a fan of.  Come on guys.  These players get paid Millions of Dollars to play a game most of us can only dream of.  They'll be dissapointed for a few days but their lives will go on and so should ours. 

If the Pats never get another Lombardi, so be it.  I waited 31 years for the Pats to win their first one and and have been fortunate enough to have seen 2 more Lombardi's after that.   Over this same 31 Year Period, I've also been fortunate to witness 3 Stanley Cups by the Bruins, 6 Celtic NBA Championships and 3 Red Sox World Series.   The best thing about being a New England Fan is that when one season ends another begins.   The Celtics are rebuilding but the Bruins are tied for first in the Atlantic Division.  The Red Sox are coming off a World Series Win and are getting ready to begin Spring Training.  

So rather than regurgitate ad nauseum whether Brady or Belichick is at fault for the Patriots not winning another Super Bowl, I'm moving on.  They'll be plenty of worthy Patriot topics as to who gets resigned or who they draft etc.  But IMNSHO, this BB/TB argument is nothing but a re-occuring bleeding hemroid that some of you appear to just love being inside of.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The game should have been 13-6 at half. I have no issues with that on the road needing to regroup at halftime. That''s what Baltimore had last year on the road vs us.  Talib was taken out on a cheapshot and Hooman flagged for phantom OFF PI call that to even today no one can explain. The awkward silence on the broadcast was just that. Awkward.  

This D was ravaged by injuries.    Your irrational behavior on this topic is not worth even engaging with.

35+ passes, you didn't take the wager, which means I won again.

Note how Gomie makes it a point to engage his lead back.

[/QUOTE]

Moron. Complete and utter flipping moron. Brady has no one to throw to except for a shrimp receiver in Edelman. You think the offense was healthy jackazz? The defense allowed 5...YES FIVE!....drives of 60 yards or more. BB defensive genius? LMAO I think not.

Every game they lose is the same:

Zero pressure on opposing QB. 

Wide receivers open downfield on nearly every play (still want to pay McCourty big money?)

How about wittle Kywie Arrington not picking off a gimme which led to a TD on a 92 yd drive?

Get a clue, if not for a bunch of Manning miscues the game could have been 45-10. How's that pathetic Denver D you were talking about? Surely, better than the one the genius fields...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The game should have been 13-6 at half. I have no issues with that on the road needing to regroup at halftime. That''s what Baltimore had last year on the road vs us.  Talib was taken out on a cheapshot and Hooman flagged for phantom OFF PI call that to even today no one can explain. The awkward silence on the broadcast was just that. Awkward.  

This D was ravaged by injuries.    Your irrational behavior on this topic is not worth even engaging with.

35+ passes, you didn't take the wager, which means I won again.

Note how Gomie makes it a point to engage his lead back.

[/QUOTE]

Moron. Complete and utter flipping moron. Brady has no one to throw to except for a shrimp receiver in Edelman. You think the offense was healthy jackazz? The defense allowed 5...YES FIVE!....drives of 60 yards or more. BB defensive genius? LMAO I think not.

Every game they lose is the same:

Zero pressure on opposing QB. 

Wide receivers open downfield on nearly every play (still want to pay McCourty big money?)

How about wittle Kywie Arrington not picking off a gimme which led to a TD on a 92 yd drive?

Get a clue, if not for a bunch of Manning miscues the game could have been 45-10. How's that pathetic Denver D you were talking about? Surely, better than the one the genius fields...

[/QUOTE]

I just have that filth on ignore. Reading his insane rantings is pointless. He doesn't actually exist.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BS.   Same Old Ka Ka!  Some of you guys are Like a Broken Record.  It's TB's Fault!- It's BB's Fault!   It's not one persons fault!  The Patriots win as a team and they lose as a team.  The TEAM lost. 

[/QUOTE]

And who builds the team?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm calm. My blood pressure has never been a problem. I'm not a type A at all. Heart checks out normal.

But I appreciate your concern ATJ.

[/QUOTE]

Just checkin', big fella.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And who builds the team?

[/QUOTE]

Who builds the team?  As noted from True Champs Post

Wilfork

Mayo

kelly

Spikes

Gronk

hernandez

Talib

Volmer

BB built the team and Talib was out most of the game while the others were completely out.  Just how good are the second and third string players supposed to be?   All teams have injuries but how would you rate Patriot Injuries?  Not bad? Average? Worse than average? 

The lack of anything resembling an effective Pass Rush has been a problem for way too long.  This is on BB.  I also think that Brady missed a couple of key passes that might not have changed the outcome of the game but might have made the game a lot more competitive.  This is on TB. 

This was a joint effort.     

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Wilfork

Mayo

kelly

Spikes

Gronk

hernandez

Talib

Volmer

[/QUOTE]

There are no names there that make this team's future look good. That's the bottom line.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

Babe is correct in his analysis but I differ with him as to the reason. I believe BB and TB will go down in the history as one of the best head coaches/quarterback duos in the game. They are both very talented in their specialization. However, BB is not a good general manager and he never has been. His selection of players to form his total team is lacking and he loses the big one as a result. This is partly a matter of his personality. The other factor is how teams are formed in the league with an emphasis on parity. Salary cap and draft order ensures a rotation of successful teams. It keeps a robust fan base and ensures overall profitability for owners.

BB gets the most out of his players. He is successful year in and year out. Consequently he is always at the end of the draft order. Instead of taking the top player available in the draft, both he and Kraft follow the philosophy of "valued-added" players. Thus, BB will trade down in the draft in the belief that there is not much difference in talent level between available players. The team is put together on the cheap with the conviction that coaching will be the difference maker. Other players are added to the team as needed via free agency (castoffs, retreads, and second-choices) with the belief that the same coaching skills can restore these players to glory-days.

Players drafted with demonstrated below-average skills but score well on wonderlic (how many fans have scratched their heads on draft day wondering who is this guy, and why didn't they draft....) dominate the player roster. It is the "Patriot Way."  BB believes that a few very skilled/talented players can balance an otherwise cheap but above average intelligent team (a Talib can make the other players combined do a better job).  This works well when playing the Jets, Bills, Dolphins, etc., during the regular season and it seems to work well when playing the lower seeds in the post-season. But it fails when playing the top talented teams. It is what I commonly refer to as the "system" and "value-added" players. Those value added players are let go if they are successful enough to demand greater compensation and replaced with another value added player. This system keeps the owners happy too, as it maximizes profit.

It seems to be one way to confront the built in parity for long term success and it works only if the general management of the team remains above average. Therein lies the fault...BB is not an above average GM. His personnel decisions are one of the main reasons the team has not won a superbowl in ten years. Because the other teams in the AFC East have not been very good it prolongs the rebuilding process for the Patriots.

I've been a Patriots' fan since the late 1960s and the Kraft ownership and BB era has been the best of times (believe me!).  That doesn't mean you can't point out the weaknesses of the team.

The Patriots need to draft better quality players and employ top free agents. The signing of value added draft players, unheralded free agents, castoffs, retreads and second-choices cannot be relied upon to make a complete roster if another super bowl is desired.

In this aspect, Babe is correct.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

"Manning miscues"? How about good defense at times when the D was completley shorthanded?  

As if they were able to take on another injury to the D, Bustchise?

Is this the part where you tell us you aren't Bustchise, Bustchise?

LOL!

[/QUOTE]

Dude, he overthrew like 5 open receivers. Why is it good defense when its the Pats but when its Denver's defense it was all Brady's fault?

Question, how many 3rd and 10+ did Denver convert? I couldn't tell you because I lost count.

5 drives of over 60 yards. LOL. Anyone who is a so-called "defensive genius" should be mortified and completely embarrassed by that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Sorry Babe, but I'm not letting this toolbag loser spew this s**t about Brady while putting no blame on his boy toy BB and that putrid defense. Not happening.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sorry Babe, but I'm not letting this toolbag loser spew this s**t about Brady while putting no blame on his boy toy BB and that putrid defense. Not happening.

[/QUOTE]

Go ahead, bludgeon him. I'm just sick and tired of him. Any body who listens to him is an imbecile just like him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to OlderbutWiser's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Babe is correct in his analysis but I differ with him as to the reason. I believe BB and TB will go down in the history as one of the best head coaches/quarterback duos in the game. They are both very talented in their specialization. However, BB is not a good general manager and he never has been. His selection of players to form his total team is lacking and he loses the big one as a result. This is partly a matter of his personality. The other factor is how teams are formed in the league with an emphasis on parity. Salary cap and draft order ensures a rotation of successful teams. It keeps a robust fan base and ensures overall profitability for owners.

BB gets the most out of his players. He is successful year in and year out. Consequently he is always at the end of the draft order. Instead of taking the top player available in the draft, both he and Kraft follow the philosophy of "valued-added" players. Thus, BB will trade down in the draft in the belief that there is not much difference in talent level between available players. The team is put together on the cheap with the conviction that coaching will be the difference maker. Other players are added to the team as needed via free agency (castoffs, retreads, and second-choices) with the belief that the same coaching skills can restore these players to glory-days.

Players drafted with demonstrated below-average skills but score well on wonderlic (how many fans have scratched their heads on draft day wondering who is this guy, and why didn't they draft....) dominate the player roster. It is the "Patriot Way."  BB believes that a few very skilled/talented players can balance an otherwise cheap but above average intelligent team (a Talib can make the other players combined do a better job).  This works well when playing the Jets, Bills, Dolphins, etc., during the regular season and it seems to work well when playing the lower seeds in the post-season. But it fails when playing the top talented teams. It is what I commonly refer to as the "system" and "value-added" players. Those value added players are let go if they are successful enough to demand greater compensation and replaced with another value added player. This system keeps the owners happy too, as it maximizes profit.

It seems to be one way to confront the built in parity for long term success and it works only if the general management of the team remains above average. Therein lies the fault...BB is not an above average GM. His personnel decisions are one of the main reasons the team has not won a superbowl in ten years. Because the other teams in the AFC East have not been very good it prolongs the rebuilding process for the Patriots.

I've been a Patriots' fan since the late 1960s and the Kraft ownership and BB era has been the best of times (believe me!).  That doesn't mean you can't point out the weaknesses of the team.

The Patriots need to draft better quality players and employ top free agents. The signing of value added draft players, unheralded free agents, castoffs, retreads and second-choices cannot be relied upon to make a complete roster if another super bowl is desired.

[/QUOTE]

I believe there is some validity in what you have said.  BTW, good to see another "Old Dude" in here.  LOL   

One thing I would question is because of the salary cap, where do you draw the line with Free Agents.  Is it worth a 16 Million Dollar Cap hit for a Sdown CB like Darrelle Revis?  (Some of the banned words here are laughable)  How would you spread the money around?  I don't believe the Patriots are cheap when it comes to Payroll as I think they rank around the 8th Highest in the League.   I don't have the answers and as you said it's a tough thing to balance everything out. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Baffle. Show Baffle's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are right on in your analysis. If you had to make a choice, would you rather be in the playoffs every year with the odds stacked against you due to the choosing depth/value over top talent? Or would you rather give up some years of playoff runs to acquire/assemble/develop the talent needed to once again make a solid SB run?

With solid coaching as a feather in ownership's cap, they could make a conscious decision and not fall into the trap that weaker minded owner's repeat over and over again - release great coaches because they wanted to win now before the necessary talent was assembled.

I just think it's in Belichik's DNA to always play to win the next game rather than even entertain that option.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rezneffix. Show rezneffix's posts

I never post on here. I am always reading through other people's posts and try not to take sides or get involved in arguments. I will say this. This post above ^^^^^^ describes exactly how I have felt about the patriots for the last ten years.

BB's entire philosophy is to get most out of players who are not so called college superstars. He wants to develop players and wants no name players to outperform their expectations. While that may be good enough to win most regular season games especially against mediocre teams, it hardly works in playoffs against superior teams with much superior talent.

How often has BB went out and drafted a speedy big receiver that has really performed well at the collegiate in an established conference (Julio Jones, AJ Green type).

Having realized over the past decade that the league has turned into a passing league how often has BB drafted a big physical CB? Ras I Dowling?

While you may win postseason games with a good offense, a good defense is key to winning post season games. Look at the final defensive play of the Seahawks-49ers game.

I can go on and on but I think the post above really describes everything in a nutshell.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts