Never panic.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Never panic.

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have to think Belichick will have them improve as the season goes on. I would think Nincovich is going to have to see the bench and a guy like Scott or even Bequette/ Francis will have to start taking some reps.

I imagine the offensive line will improve and we'll see Vareen at some point (at least I hope because if I have to see Woodhead one more time I'm going to puke).

[/QUOTE]

Ninco was on the right side later in the game.

Ridley isn't doing much better than Woody at this point.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to yakv's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There Is No panic ,

But the play calling on offense has to be better ,dont use woodhead as a primary back , run ridley or bodden , and please no more turn around to edleman .

on defense DMC has to be benched can hold INT dumb PI Penalties and bad tackling ,

start RAS I Dowling or moore , the blunt holding of oher didnt give any chance to jones to get any sacks , the team will get better but we have to fix this issues !!!

[/QUOTE]

I never was a McD fan. Another BB on the job trained guy like OB was.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have to think Belichick will have them improve as the season goes on. I would think Nincovich is going to have to see the bench and a guy like Scott or even Bequette/ Francis will have to start taking some reps.

I imagine the offensive line will improve and we'll see Vareen at some point (at least I hope because if I have to see Woodhead one more time I'm going to puke).

[/QUOTE]

Ninco was on the right side later in the game.

Ridley isn't doing much better than Woody at this point.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw that and they had Scott on the other - I think they were just trying to give Chandler a rest or something...at first I thought he got hurt. I have no clue why they keep giving the ball to Woodhead - I wish Vareen would get healthy and make this guy stay on the bench.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to Mighty2013's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know. 

Watching this ... unless this defense improves dramatically, they won't win a superbowl. At the end of the day, you need a defense that can win a game for you. 

NE has a defense that can lose a game where the offense spots them 30 points. 

How this could possibly even be a point of debate is the reason I don't come to this forum much anymore. 

McCourty and Dowling were toast all night -- that can't happen. 

[/QUOTE]

Where do you go to find intelligent football discussions?  The "offense/defense is to blame" debate on here is unbearable.

[/QUOTE]

Family and friends. And just duck out of conversations you don't want to have. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

San Francisco simply didn't want to be number one.  Green Bay didn't want to be number one.  Baltimore tried its level best to lose at home.

New England lost to a quality team, on the road, in a historically partisan stadium, by 1 point.  In my numbers they were supposed to lose by 5.2 points.  So they went up.  New England went up even more because Arizona went out and beat somebody else.  In my power rating system when you lose to a bunny and they're not really a bunny anymore, that removes some of the sting.  Also, Tennessee went out and beat Detroit, so Tennessee's rise also helps New England's stature.  It's not just who you beat or by how much, it's how the other teams fit into the big puzzle.

I give Houston absolute credit for walloping Denver by 20 points before Denver kind of sort of tried to get back in the game (and Denver lost of course).  Houston just didn't get that much help from Jacksonville and Miami this week.  New England, Houston and Atlanta are in a virtual tie for the top at the end of week 3.

My previous post left out the Sunday afternoon and evening games.  Great googly moogly. 

1   ne   13.7   (last wk. 4)

2   hou   13.6   (last wk. 3)

3   atl   13.5   (last wk. 6)

4   sf   13.0   (last wk. 1)

5   gb   12.6   (last wk. 2)

6   nyg   10.8   (last wk. 14)

7   bal   10.8   (last wk. 5)

8   dal   9.8   (last wk. 10)

9   sd   9.2   (last wk. 7)

10   sea   9.1   (last wk. 12)

11   nyj   9.0   (last wk. 16)

12   cin   8.8   (last wk. 17)

13   no   8.8   (last wk. 8)

14   pit   8.4   (last wk. 9)

15   min   8.0   (last wk. 20)

16   den   7.2   (last wk. 11)

17   det   7.1   (last wk. 13)

18   jac   7.1   (last wk. 23)

19   chi   7.0   (last wk. 19)

20   kc   6.9   (last wk. 29)

21   buf   6.8   (last wk. 24)

22   az   6.6   (last wk. 27)

23   car   6.4   (last wk. 15)

24   ten   6.1   (last wk. 28)

25   mia   6.1   (last wk. 22)

26   tb   6.0   (last wk. 26)

27   oak   5.3   (last wk. 31)

28   cle   4.7   (last wk. 21)

29   phi   4.6   (last wk. 18)

30   was   4.0   (last wk. 25)

31   ind   3.7   (last wk. 30)

32   stl   1.2   (last wk. 32)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I love that regardless of records or reality that Paul can always conjure up an "objective" method for ranking his pats #1.  

Thanks Paul

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I don't see how the Pats rank ahead of Baltimore.

Pats are 1-2 and ranked as the #1?

I must defer to BB/Tuna on this one; "You are what your record says you are."

Their record doesn't say they are #1.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Arizona 22???????

22!!!!!!!!!!!

All they are is 3-0 on the season, 10-2 over their last 12.

Wins over your #1 and #10.

No respect. I assume you partly justify the Pats as #1 by losing to 2 good teams...but then rank AZ 22?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I agree with the OP.  Put the two losses in perspective, those were two pretty good teams and the Pats could've won both games if a play or two went their way.  This team will get better, I am not in the least bit worried.  I'd rather they get the wrinkles ironed out now and I believe they will. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Mighty2013's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I don't know. 

Watching this ... unless this defense improves dramatically, they won't win a superbowl. At the end of the day, you need a defense that can win a game for you. 

NE has a defense that can lose a game where the offense spots them 30 points. 

How this could possibly even be a point of debate is the reason I don't come to this forum much anymore. 

McCourty and Dowling were toast all night -- that can't happen. 

[/QUOTE]

Where do you go to find intelligent football discussions?  The "offense/defense is to blame" debate on here is unbearable.

[/QUOTE]

Family and friends. And just duck out of conversations you don't want to have. 

[/QUOTE]

It is amazing the arguments that arise. The defense being an issue for years now, Brady being the team's greatest on field asset, and BB knowing what he is doing don't seem like debatable issues, yet they are constantly debated.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to soups' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Another way to look at it is, the Pats gave up 31 points to a third rate offense.

[/QUOTE]

That third rate offense is listed as the 4th best in the NFL. We at 9th.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

As long as Belichick is coach and Brady is QB you really can't panic imo.  Pretty good recipe for making the playoffs and once you're in just about anything can happen.  Blind homerism aside did anyone think in 2001 that we were the best team in the league going into the playoffs?  The fact that both losses were to 2 good teams at the last second is just gravy.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Arizona 22???????

22!!!!!!!!!!!

All they are is 3-0 on the season, 10-2 over their last 12.

Wins over your #1 and #10.

No respect. I assume you partly justify the Pats as #1 by losing to 2 good teams...but then rank AZ 22?

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Arizona's defense is for real. Their offense is a little suspect, but they can win a game in which they only score 14 points. They are easily a top-10 team; some might say a top 5.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Waited a couple of days before posting simply to gain some perspective.  Totally agree that there is no reason whatsoever to panic.  The O left some plays on the field, the D left some plays on the field.  I see both improving as the season progressess particularly the D which is a pretty young bunch.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

First of all I agree there is no reason to panic. This is one of the best teams in the AFC.

But there are some disturbing issues:

1. THe O line breaks down too frequently under pressure and TB doesn't get the time he needs.

2. The O line is not rising to the occasion blocking for the run with the game on the line

3. Excepting the concept of a possible blitz and Chandler Jones there is no pass rush button for the coaches to push. This is too key an issue in a league where average QBs can throw for 300+ yards.

4. The run D was horrible v the Ravens. I hope it was an aberation but they were bad.

5. Guys like Ty Law used to come up with big plays when games were on the line. Players like that are clutch. When a player doesnt come up with those plays he just isnt clutch. But when a player actually blows big plays that any pro should be making then he chokes. Some players tend to choke. McCourty chokes way too much at this point. He should either admit his adiction to choking and seak help or he should walk away from the game. Arrington likewise. You might win some games without clutch (though that is hard to do against the better teams or in bigger games) but you WILL lose with chokers. Unless McCourty and Arrington grow some brass ones they are chokers. The coaches should get down on them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Another way to look at it is, the Pats gave up 31 points to a third rate offense.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good point.  But was that ranking before or after the game? In week two, they only put up 13 against the Eagles.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good point.  But was that ranking before or after the game? In week two, they only put up 13 against the Eagles.

[/QUOTE]

And we didn't do much better against the Cards. The point I was trying to make is that claiming teams have a crappy offense in order to blame the D entirely is sad. Teams do improve and writing them off just because of what they did in previous seasons is a cop out.

So is crapping on our DBs when you know they can't figure out how the game is being called. One minute someone gets mugged so you figure OK they're calling the game this way. The next minute you get flagged and you didn't even touch the guy. The same thing goes for holding on the lines. The replacement refs have no consistancy in how they are calling games. With the regular refs the players and coaches usually know how each crew calls games and they established what they were going to do early in the game and stuck with it. The replacements seem to be changing by the second depending on which team is complaining the most and how much the crowd is booing them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I don't know that anybody is panicking. Something beyond comprehension is going to have to happen for the Pats not to win their division, but although some of you are sniffing around the edges of it, the one thing I've been seeing on the field (for a long time now) and not hearing in the discussions is lack of execution at crunch time, on both sides of the ball. How many of you were really confident that the Pats could hold on when they couldn't extend the lead beyond 10?

I wasn't any more confident than I was surprised when the Ravens went through the Pats like they weren't even there on subsequent possessions, nor when the Pats couldn't eke out one more first down to ice the game. We've been seeing this for years now and I see no reason to dance around it.

The Pats are a pretty good team that will invariably lose to another good team if the game is remotely close near the end. That's what the evidence of my eyes tells me.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I like a little adversity early on to be honest with you.  Let's see if this team has what it takes.  They're young, impressionable and arguably more talented on both sides of the ball than they have been in a few years.  They just need to put all phases of the game together for a full 60 minutes.  Cliche, I know, but I've seen enough flashes from this team to know that their record doesn't reflect their potential.  Call me a homer or a glass-half-full guy, but I see these losses as helping more than hurting in the big picture. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

I couldn't believe how the refs handed the game to the Ravens. Seemed like every time the Pats got a 3rd down stop late and/or sacked Flaco the flag flew, either on a ticky-tack foul at best or a phantom call at worst. I listened to the game on the radio and Zolak was going nuts. Just too tough to beat the other team and the incompetent, home-field paranoid refs at the same time. By my unofficial count the Pats had stopped the Ravens twice and had made a big sack until the bozo zebras acted. And so my take is that the O and D did play well enough to win; the replacements just took it away from them. Perhaps by not bad-mouthing the officials there is hope that the calls go the other way? Now it looks like the real refs will be back, but the damage is done. I feel Green Bay's pain.