Never panic.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Never panic.

Put it in perspective.

We lost to a tough defensive team by a missed FG in the last seconds.

We lost on the road to a probable SB contender in the last seconds after enduring numerous incompetent penalty calls at key points all game long.

We have a few issues that are a concern such as a running game that appears to have vanished, a defense that appears to have reverted back to a yards and 1st downs seive and an O-line that has been too often Hyde rather than Jeckle (or maybe it's the other way around).

But we remain a favorite to dominate the division and go deep into the playoffs. We have allowed the least points in the division and scored only 5 points less than the top.

Our two losses are by a combined 3 points for crying out loud.

The 2001 team was 1-3 after 4 and they did pretty well. And the 2007 NYG who beat arguably the best team in history was the same 1-2 after 3 as we are now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Re: Never panic.

There Is No panic ,

But the play calling on offense has to be better ,dont use woodhead as a primary back , run ridley or bodden , and please no more turn around to edleman .

on defense DMC has to be benched can hold INT dumb PI Penalties and bad tackling ,

start RAS I Dowling or moore , the blunt holding of oher didnt give any chance to jones to get any sacks , the team will get better but we have to fix this issues !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

well, on the bright side - the Patriots lost against two good football teams. We could be 3-0 if the offense and defense made an extra play or two.

13 more games to go to make the playoffs....lol :)

still lots of time to improve.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Good post Babe.

If the FG Gods were smiling on the Pats, they ARE 3-0.

Such is life in the NFL. As you said, I see no competition in the AFC East, and as usual, saying anyone has the "easiest schedule" before the season is moronic.

AZ absolutely destroyed PHI yesterday and are now 10-2 over their last 12.

Baltimore, lest we forget, should have gone to the SB over the Pats, but the FG Gods WERE smiling upon the Pats that night.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

It more looks like coaching and playcalling than talent. We have so many on offence and cant close the game. Why cant we change the schemes when they figured out whats going on in first Q

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:

well, on the bright side - the Patriots lost against two good football teams. We could be 3-0 if the offense and defense made an extra play or two.

13 more games to go to make the playoffs....lol :)

still lots of time to improve.

well lets see the Offense put up 30 points, had 33 ist downs, had 400 yards in offense on the road, held the ball for 31 minutes and had a 9 point lead in the 4th qtr.

The D gave up 503 yards, had 0 sacks, 0 QB hits and blew a 9 point lead.

And once again the offense was under %0% in 3rd down conversions and only 3 for 5 in the red zone

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I don't know. 

Watching this ... unless this defense improves dramatically, they won't win a superbowl. At the end of the day, you need a defense that can win a game for you. 

NE has a defense that can lose a game where the offense spots them 30 points. 

How this could possibly even be a point of debate is the reason I don't come to this forum much anymore. 

McCourty and Dowling were toast all night -- that can't happen. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

I don't know. 

Watching this ... unless this defense improves dramatically, they won't win a superbowl. At the end of the day, you need a defense that can win a game for you. 

How this could possibly even be a point of debate is the reason I don't come to this forum much anymore. 

Spot ON, zbellino.

Comes down to Defense....it reared it's ugly head last night, plus the lack of aggresive coaching too on the Defensive side....terrible. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

If this year is anything like last year or the last few Belichick will run his vanilla defense with his two man front for the regular season and then switch to the 3 man front when the playoffs begin. He's trying to keep the big men in the trenchs healthy for the post season run but frankly with the amount of linebacker talent we possess I believe we should be running a true 3/4.  

These 2/4/5 or 2/5/4 alignments that he has a fascination with blow.  

I know it's a "passing league' now and you need "players who can play in space" but there's something to be said for pure mass on the field and how it can collapse a pocket. We get blown off the ball, we create zero pressure, the defensive backfield has to cover for entirely too long.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Sure let's not panic, that's what I said in the Superbowl also to a buddy. Then Welker dropped the pass ...... It's just that the last couple years BB and Brady can't deliver the knockout punch.

They have a chance to get the game out of reach but somehow find a way to screw it up themselves.

What I didn't like on the last 2 drives was there was definite holding by their linemen on the Pats pass rush and the officials, even right in front of them , ignore to throw the flags but some of those interference or illegal contact calls they did not miss. One of them was completely bogus ! although that last one on for pass interference was legit.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

there is definitely alot of room for improvement

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Well said. The blame goes to the whole team. Brady

Puts it on the offense for not closing out another game but the defense played poorly, with one guy in particular.  They will rebound and go 12-4 and win the division.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Another way to look at it is, the Pats gave up 31 points to a third rate offense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

I don't know. 

Yup.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from millergrnv. Show millergrnv's posts

I agree, while it was an absolute punch to the gut loss, the team has got to gather itself and move on to the next week and the Pats have to play a Buffalo team that has play much better football over the last two weeks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from millergrnv. Show millergrnv's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Put it in perspective.

We lost to a tough defensive team by a missed FG in the last seconds.

We lost on the road to a probable SB contender in the last seconds after enduring numerous incompetent penalty calls at key points all game long.

We have a few issues that are a concern such as a running game that appears to have vanished, a defense that appears to have reverted back to a yards and 1st downs seive and an O-line that has been too often Hyde rather than Jeckle (or maybe it's the other way around).

But we remain a favorite to dominate the division and go deep into the playoffs. We have allowed the least points in the division and scored only 5 points less than the top.

Our two losses are by a combined 3 points for crying out loud.

The 2001 team was 1-3 after 4 and they did pretty well. And the 2007 NYG who beat arguably the best team in history was the same 1-2 after 3 as we are now.

Its a punch-to-the-gut-loss, but the team has to move on to week 4 and prepare for Buffalo.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

If this is going to be the same officiating crew when the playoffs start then I will start worrying.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Totally agree, the pats have the same record as the colts.  No need for concern, here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

I look at the season in 4 quarters.  The first quarter BB tinkers and sees what he has.  The second quarter he starts to implement his gameplan.  The third quarter the players start to gel.  The final quarter, the Patriots get ready for the playoffs.  This team should be a 12-4 team or better.  They lost 2 games.  It is a long season.  The only game that matters is the superbowl.  Win that and all is forgotten.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I have to think Belichick will have them improve as the season goes on. I would think Nincovich is going to have to see the bench and a guy like Scott or even Bequette/ Francis will have to start taking some reps.

I imagine the offensive line will improve and we'll see Vareen at some point (at least I hope because if I have to see Woodhead one more time I'm going to puke).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

My software expected Baltimore to win by 5 points.  They only won by 1 point, at home, and their crowd has a tremendous ability to influence the refs at home.  At least in my stats, New England goes up a smidge.  Baltimore isn't quite the team my numbers thought they were.

If you want your power rankings based strictly on the standings, go straight to the standings and read them.  I want power rankings based on how the various teams will perform next week.  Right now, New England is a 1-2 team that would have a 13-3 or a 12-4 season if the season started fresh tomorrow. 

In other statement games, the Giants played well.  Cincy showed something.  Minnesota clawed some life from San Francisco.  New Orleans is starting to look like trash.  Buffalo needed to prove something and they did.  Kansas City and Tennessee come back from the dead.  Carolina got tossed into the ambulance.  As usual, Saint Louis is pushing up the daisies, and bringing up the rear in position #33 are the scab refs. 

The Monday night game hasn’t been played yet.

1   gb   13.7   (last wk. 2)

2   sf   13.2   (last wk. 1)

3   ne   12.6   (last wk. 4)

4   hou   11.5   (last wk. 3)

5   bal   11.5   (last wk. 5)

6   atl   11.5   (last wk. 6)

7   sd   11.2   (last wk. 7)

8   nyg   10.6   (last wk. 13)

9   pit   9.9   (last wk. 9)

10   dal   9.7   (last wk. 10)

11   cin   8.9   (last wk. 17)

12   nyj   8.8   (last wk. 14)