New Bleacher Report speculating Pats to trade Welker !!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

New Bleacher Report speculating Pats to trade Welker !!

As usual the Boston Press starts the gossip. Sure with Hernandes out and the need for offense it sure makes sense that the Pats would trade WW and bring back Salas after cutting him, LOLs. 

Comments welcome, but as usual the Boston Press is guilty of blatant stupidity. 

Hetchinspete

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Re: New Bleacher Report speculating Pats to trade Welker !!

No one would trade for WW because he is franchise tagged, thus he can't negotiate a contract extension and once the season is over there is no guarantee that he will resign for said team he is traded to. 

This is media spin because they have nothing better to do, the dumb part is they don't even mention what the Pats Woukd get out if it because the truly know it would never happen.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to freediro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No one would trade for WW because he is franchise tagged, thus he can't negotiate a contract extension and once the season is over there is no guarantee that he will resign for said team he is traded to. 

This is media spin because they have nothing better to do, the dumb part is they don't even mention what the Pats Woukd get out if it because the truly know it would never happen.

[/QUOTE]

Agree   No one is going to want to pay him that much only to have him walk at the end of the season. Besides it's not targets for Brady it's the O line that's the problem. A back that could block would be nice too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to freediro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    IF he was Traded couldn't team that got him use the Franchise Tag on him again? Every year these rules change....just asking.

[/QUOTE]

Yes. BUT, it would bump him up to about 11million for next season. Maybe slightly more. I think if you use the franchist tag 2 years in a row, they get a 20% increase from year 1 to 2 rather than the same average of the top 5 players at the position. It's to discourage teams from using it on the same player over and over.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

I really hope that TB and WW tear it up this week in for 9 or 10 connections and a TD just to shut everyone up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Huh, I just realized that my Avatar is relevent this week.  I haven't been able to change it since the messed up this board.  I wanted to change it to a can of Rust Remover just for our favorite troll!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Apparently their time stamping is an hour behind, as new posts pop up regularly, but list time from an hour ago. Unless it's fall already, and I missed the clock changes!!!!!!

Again,once past the cluttered presentation, the threads, and posting seem far superior. I do like the "cleaner" look of BDC...but there are so many issues here it's getting awful..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

DAMN YOU AND YOUR LACK OF POST DELETING!

Kind of emphasizes the above point though. HA!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Apparently their time stamping is an hour behind, as new posts pop up regularly, but list time from an hour ago. Unless it's fall already, and I missed the clock changes!!!!!!

Again,once past the cluttered presentation, the threads, and posting seem far superior. I do like the "cleaner" look of BDC...but there are so many issues here it's getting awful..

[/QUOTE]
    Test

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

I just tested and the time stamo seems to be correct, my Test post was posted at 8:24 HST and it shows up as 2:24PM EDT which is 6 hours and the correct time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I believe the Bleacher Report is asking if Welker should request a trade.

I think this weekends game is going to answer all the questions. If we still see Edelman out there over Welker then something terrible is going on. If Welker is back on the field for his normal number of snaps and receives some passes then I believe the Pats realize Welker is needed to win games and the offensive structure is back to normal... At least until AH81 is back. Then it could start all over again.

I think if for some crazy reason the Patriots continue on with the Edelman experiment then Welker should be demanding a trade. I'll tell you why... Becuase there will be no shot of going to the SB with Edelman on the field instead of Welker. I could see a Packers or Broncos taking the 9 million dollar risk with Welker. It would give them a big shot to their offenses and I'm pretty sure Welker could come to a contract extension at the end of the season with one of those teams.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Why would anyone really want to trade for Welker? He priced himself at a level that won't match his play. Didn't he already turn down 8 million per season? You can't trade for a guy that wants more than that when he can only play the slot (although play it as good or better than anyone). Did anyone see what happened last week when they tried to send him deep? He couldn't come close to shaking single covereage...you can't give a 31 year old guy a four year 40 million dollar cotract when he can't beat single coverage.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why would anyone really want to trade for Welker? He priced himself at a level that won't match his play. Didn't he already turn down 8 million per season? You can't trade for a guy that wants more than that when he can only play the slot (although play it as good or better than anyone). Did anyone see what happened last week when they tried to send him deep? He couldn't come close to shaking single covereage...you can't give a 31 year old guy a four year 40 million dollar cotract when he can't beat single coverage.

[/QUOTE]

Oh oh.  Be careful.  You know that could be constituted as "Welker Bashing"?  And we all know that's a no no around here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

IF you were trying to trade him, you might well play him less than normal since his trade value might be nil if he got injured.  hmmmm

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

IF you were trying to trade him, you might well play him less than normal since his trade value might be nil if he got injured.  hmmmm

[/QUOTE]

Good point.

I'm still not taking anything they're saying in the media seriously. 

Everyone loves to speculate on the Patriots, even to the point outright making things up because they're so secretive.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good point.

Everyone loves to speculate on the Patriots, even to the point outright making things up because they're so secretive.

[/QUOTE]

Let's face it. We don't know and BB is the last guy to let anybody in on what may or may not be happening. It can be fun to speculate though.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Well I beleive it's safe to say that since AH81 is out for probably 6 weeks, Welker will be staying and his snaps will be a lot more.  It would spell total doom to have no AH81 and having Edelman play over Welker, that would just be total nonsense!!  Any plans BB had with Welker has totally changed now. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Babe parilli quote:

Let's face it. We don't know and BB is the last guy to let anybody in on what may or may not be happening. It can be fun to speculate though. [/QUOTE]

AND, on further speculation, it just MAY BE that Endelman is the one being showcased for a trade. No chance being injured on PR & KRs this year. Why is that using McCourty is so special on ST.

Wishing you all well ...

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ah mount, mount....to see him and Eli on a sunday afternoon and turn cruz loose with nicks

never happen but one can dream and it would work if jints went in that direction...i wouldn't think certain teams with certain personnel wont pay welker so quickly my friend

[/QUOTE]

Well I guess you could be right, but if you were to pay a receiver upwards of 8-10 million per year, would it be to Welker? I love Welker, but he's no Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald and he's 5 years older than those two.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

I love Welker, but he's no Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald and he's 5 years older than those two.

[/QUOTE]

I get what you are saying but it could also be argued that Fitz and Johnson while awesome receivers, last I checked they aren't helping to get their teams to a SB.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good point.

[/QUOTE]

Let's face it. We don't know and BB is the last guy to let anybody in on what may or may not be happening. It can be fun to speculate though.

[/QUOTE]

HA-Ha-Ha! Well, old man, looks like you are finally a believer. Speculation is the mother of belief! I told you these things months ago. You called me a fraud. Remember, the ex-professional baller! That's me! I will be proven right! You shall see. BB and I know.....HA!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good point.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

HA-Ha-Ha! Well, old man, looks like you are finally a believer. Speculation is the mother of belief! I told you these things months ago. You called me a fraud. Remember, the ex-professional baller! That's me! I will be proven right! You shall see. BB and I know.....HA!

[/QUOTE]

Hi Rusty. Tell everybody how you are a former NFL player and Brady is a system QB again.