new D coordinator

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

new D coordinator

lets say hypothetically if rex ryan is let go after this season would you bring him in as D coordinator of the Pats?  there are many pros and cons of this decision.

cons:

1. he is a loud mouth
    2. not a good example for the players (curses/gestures)
    3. he might stand up to belichick
    4. less bullitin board material if he is pro pats
    5. he could grow into the role he plays in the movies (greatest pats fan)
    6. ?

pros:

1. he is a great defensive mind
    2. he might stand up to belichick
    3. he might bring with him some great defensive players
    4. we could have a consistant pass rush
    5. the JETS wouldn't have him
    6. we wouldn't have to worry about the ryan brothers
    7.  very emotional guy who would bring a lot of heart into the locker room
    8. he is better than what we have now at the D coordinator position

anything i forgot?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: new D coordinator

In Response to new D coordinator:
    [QUOTE]lets say hypothetically if rex ryan is let go after this season would you bring him in as D coordinator of the Pats?  there are many pros and cons of this decision. cons: 1. he is a loud mouth 2. not a good example for the players (curses/gestures) 3. he might stand up to belichick 4. less bullitin board material if he is pro pats 5. he could grow into the role he plays in the movies (greatest pats fan) 6. ? pros: 1. he is a great defensive mind 2. he might stand up to belichick 3. he might bring with him some great defensive players 4. we could have a consistant pass rush 5. the JETS wouldn't have him 6. we wouldn't have to worry about the ryan brothers 7.  very emotional guy who would bring a lot of heart into the locker room 8. he is better than what we have now at the D coordinator position   anything i forgot?
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

Ummm, No!

And if you havent noticed the Jets dont have a pass rush.  Bill would never let that defense fly here. We actually have much better pass rushers then they have and they need to blitz the house just to get pressure. No thanks.

But I like the idea, just not Ryan.  i would go with Mike Nolan, Greg Williams who is also a little blitz happy, but not an eediot like Rex.

It wont ever happen though. Bill needs his legacy.  Look at what Wade Phillips did in Houston though. They are # 1 in defense this year.  As a head coach though, Wade was too giddy.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

yeah houston drafted well, and that helps too,

Did you just say Patricia would morph into Romeo Crennel?

I dont know about that. He may eventually be decent but if our defense ever cracks the top ten, he will be courted and gone out the door anyway.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

No thank you but I would be happy to get his brother back on the team. I always though Rob was a better D guy then Rex and Rob does a better job finding front 7 talent in the draft.

I think having Rob on the team will help BB out a ton, not only with the D but also in player evaluation. Well that's provided Rob can work under BB and speak up every so often without making it a pi$$ing contest

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Naw....  The YETS aren't getting rid of Rex yet and he wouldn't fit here anyway.  Not a weight comment.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

I think you will see coordinators staying with the Patriots for a while.  The last four that left did nothing on their own.  Crennel, Weiss, Mangini and McDaniels did nothing when they were promoted.  Pees is a linebackers coach.  I am sure that as teams look for new head coaches, the history will keep them from selecting another Patriot coach.  I do not picture either Ryan in the Patriots.  I think BB has too much a say in how the defense is run for either of these coaches to survive.  I think what you see is what you got as far as offensive and defensive coordinators.  I would like to see someone such as Jimmy Johnson come in as a draft consultant and free agent consultant.  This is where the team is lacking.  The on field coaches are fine.  It is BB the GM that needs help.  They have a great opportunity this year with 4 picks in the first 64.  Lets see how that turns out.  Hopefully they can fill the holes on this team.  DL, OLB, SS, Center and WR are all needs.  Be nice to fill at least three of these slots with young talented players.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Floyd Reese does a nice job at structuring contracts but the last few drafts have had some serious misses.  They have had some hits too, but lately the DL, WR and SS picks have been weak.  I think another opinion would not hurt.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Rusty, one thing I will agree with is that he(patricia) is better than Pees who cost us a SB.

I liked Matt as the backers coach and hopefully at some point he can understand what Bill wants to the point B.B. can take off the riens and trust him so that B.B. can concentrate on other things.

Its hard when you know B.B. is there and you have to call something that he agrees with. Cant blitz too much but still have to find a way to get pressure.

It must be tough with the current group, but he has done well.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I saw that and what i saw was a head coach who also pointed to himself as part of the problem. I think that scene could be chalked up to B.B. covering it all already or them really just not having anything to add.

I remember Bill asking, "what do we do with the Wr's after practice, nothing, yeah cuz we dont need to get better we got it all figured out, that just sums it up for me"

To me he was looking in the mirror and at his coachin staf and saying as a whole we All need to do better starting with myself.

Even that humbling moment after the N.O,. game, B.B. "i just cant get them to play the way I want" " and its on me"

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

If he agrees to kiss the rings.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

They must have good drugs up your way.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to Re: new D coordinator:
    [QUOTE]If he agree to kiss the rings.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

that would be worth it all

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanWilmingtonDE. Show PatsFanWilmingtonDE's posts

@King

I like Patricia too -- but I still think he's a work in progress. In an ideal world, he's setting up as a DC version of Josh McDaniels in 2006. We get flashes of brilliance (4th down stands early in the year, Wilfork in zone, pressure last week) mixed with stretches of pretty brutal ineptitude. I bring up McDaniels because in '06 we had a similar situation, but on offense. You had some very impressive games offensively (@Cincinnatti, @Green Bay) mixed with some godawful offensive games at home against Denver and getting shut out in Miami.

In '06, overall, the offense improved with guys like Reche Caldwell and Jabaar Gaffney (I refuse to include Doug Gabriel or Chad Jackson in any positive description of the 2006 season). Hopefully we see similar things happen on D this year with guys like Nink, Tarpinian, and Sterling Moore, then some offseason acquisitions and things take off in 2012.

I suppose I'm rambling, but my point is that Patricia isn't there yet, but I'm not at the point of wanting to replace him, especially with an also-ran like Dean Pees.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

No but he sure would be great as the team pedicurist and foot masseuse.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

I'm curious what you guys base your opinions of Patricia on.  I'm not saying he's good or bad but from the outside I don't know how anybody knows what the division of responsibilities between him and BB is.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i don't think rr would know what to do with bb's personnel.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I'd rather see Pepper Johnson - that Patricia is better than Pees only says something about Pees.  I agree with Mike Reiss in thinking Pepper would almost certainly offer contrarian opinions if given the power to do so.  I also like his energy.

Watching his body of work, I'd have preferred they found a way to keep Rob Ryan around, though.

Don't blame Rex for the lack of pass rush.  Blame his GM.  No pass rushers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i don't think the problems on d has anything to do with the coordinator or even the bend but not break phiolsophy. the more i watch replays of these games the more i think that the players just don't have the same in-play iq that law, milloy, harrison had. the current individuals in the pats secondary have not figured out how to make in-play adjustments within the framework.