New Development Which Could Help Patriots Land DeSean Jackson....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: New Development Which Could Help Patriots Land DeSean Jackson....

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

I know...I mean, look at the past 13 years...

Why not the last 10?  The early years had too many great players from previous GM on the team.

With all the horrible FA signings and Draft busts we have won 0 Championships in 10 years.

Constant change, instability and flux don't work in team sports or Life in general.  The only constant has been the revolving door of WR, DB's and others to wear the uniform.

The current GM is 0 for his last 10.  Maybe that's OK for the T-Baller generation and casual fan out there but not me.  BB has used up all his House Money with me.

In the last 10 years:

Red Sox 2

Bruins 1

Celtics 1

Patriots 0

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Why not the last 10?  The early years had too many great players from previous GM on the team.

With all the horrible FA signings and Draft busts we have won 0 Championships in 10 years.

Constant change, instability and flux don't work in team sports or Life in general.  The only constant has been the revolving door of WR, DB's and others to wear the uniform.

The current GM is 0 for his last 10.  Maybe that's OK for the T-Baller generation and casual fan out there but not me.  BB has used up all his House Money with me.

In the last 10 years:

Red Sox 2

Bruins 1

Celtics 1

Patriots 0

How many Lombardi trophies did the Patriots have before BB showed up in Foxboro?  I mean christ the Sox didn't win a WS for almost 100 years.  Why don't you look at the 2004 roster and tell me how BB inherited that team?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

DeSean Jackson will not be signing with NE.  Guaranteed.  Way too much $$$.

Agreed, let's work on the lines.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

He won't come here - at the end of the day he wants to get paid. Not in our DNA -

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The Eagles are a playoff team.  Jackson is coming off one of his best seasons.  The fact that they are trying to dump him speaks volumes.  This guy isn't worth the trouble.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Focus on Jared Allen

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

[/QUOTE]

How many Lombardi trophies did the Patriots have before BB showed up in Foxboro?  I mean christ the Sox didn't win a WS for almost 100 years.  Why don't you look at the 2004 roster and tell me how BB inherited that team?

[/QUOTE]

Don't you know anything? BB had nothing to do with them winning three SBs, it was all Pete Carroll and Bobby Grier. 

Francona and Epstein inherited those championship Sox teams from Grady Little and Dan Duquette. And John Farrell/Cherington were just caretakers for the team that Bobby V. and Epstein put together. Clearly, they'd have won if the old regimes had stayed in place.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Francona and Epstein inherited those championship Sox teams from Grady Little and Dan Duquette. And John Farrell/Cherington were just caretakers for the team that Bobby V. and Epstein put together.

LMAO this made my day.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In the last 10 years:

Red Sox 2

Bruins 1

Celtics 1

Patriots 0

I want a 13 year sample, which is small. You want only ten?

Boston Sports History isn't conveniently wrapped up in a decade of history. It stretches over a century. In the 200+ years of combined professional league years from the Pats, Sox, Bruins and Celtics...Belichick is probably the second best team builder EVER behind ONLY Red Auerbach. And if you want to take into account modern money/salary caps, Belichick stands alone.

The fact that Chiarelli, Cherrington and Ainge also do such a fantastic job shouldn't detract from Belichick...and I don't understand why it would. Boston fans have been downright spoiled, it's easy to understand other fans' jealousy. But to demand and expect more out of the Pats over the past 10 years borders on arrogance and greed. About 25 other teams have also not won a Super Bowl in that time...and apparently are all terrible. Pittsburgh has won 2...would you rather be them?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In the last 10 years:

Red Sox 2

Bruins 1

Celtics 1

Patriots 0

Spoken like a true spoiled Boston sports fan.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Tough to win in the Cap era.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

What have you done for me lately BB, except provide New England with a team perennially in the hunt for a championship?  I mean really, is that the best you can do? You really do have the nerve getting to the Superbowl recently (and losing) and getting to the AFC Championship game the last two years.  WTH - if you couldn't close the deal and go all the way, why bother?!  I'm finished watching this team.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

How about 4 borderline HOF'ers that lead us to the Championship: 55, 54, 52 + 24

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

How about 4 borderline HOF'ers that lead us to the Championship: 55, 54, 52 + 24

Those guys started playing together in 1996 (Mcginest 94, Law/Ted 95, Tedy 96, thanks Parcells)...and didn't win until 2001 under Belichick.

Every single one of them played, and lost, in that Super Bowl against Green Bay. Every one of them played under Carrol as the team went from SB contender to 8-8 middling nothing team. Every one of them became HOFers under Belichick, and got their rings.

<begin sarcasm font>In Truth...Matt Light was the key to every Super Bowl victory. After Armstrong retired, he got drafted, and held down LT for a young, inexperienced, game managing QB.<end sarcasm font>

The facts simply do not support your hatred of BB the GM.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

Those guys started playing together in 1996 (Mcginest 94, Law/Ted 95, Tedy 96, thanks Parcells)...and didn't win until 2001 under Belichick.

Every single one of them played, and lost, in that Super Bowl against Green Bay. Every one of them played under Carrol as the team went from SB contender to 8-8 middling nothing team. Every one of them became HOFers under Belichick, and got their rings.

<begin sarcasm font>In Truth...Matt Light was the key to every Super Bowl victory. After Armstrong retired, he got drafted, and held down LT for a young, inexperienced, game managing QB.<end sarcasm font>

[/QUOTE]

OK, but let's filter your statement a bit and say none of them including BB won until Tom Brady showed up in 2001.

It's funny how there's a handfull of posters out there (not say you are one) who don't get it.  All's BB has to do is provide a desent Defense and we will win Super Bowls with Brady at the Offensive Helm.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Law missed half the season and the postseason in 2004.

Ted Johnson was a fine player, but borderline Hall of Famer?  Are you kidding me?  He wasn't even a full time starter by the time the Patriots were winning Super Bowls.

McGinest and Bruschi are great Patriots, but they are 2 players.  Belichick brought in the entire defensive line which might have beent he most dominant defensive line we've ever had (Seymour, Wilfork and Warren).  He brought in Vrabel, Phifer and Colvin at LB.  He brought in Harrison and Samuel in the secondary.  Those were all great players for us as well to say nothing of the rest of the roster.  Saying Belichick inherited the 2004 team is bs pure and simple whether you like it or not.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

OK, but let's filter your statement a bit and say none of them including BB won until Tom Brady showed up in 2001.

BB didn't inherit him did he.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

It's funny how there's a handfull of posters out there (not say you are one) who don't get it.  All's BB has to do is provide a desent Defense and we will win Super Bowls with Brady at the Offensive Helm.

• That's fair...and I knew you were going there, hence my Matt  Light comment.

Brady is arguably the biggest SINGLE reason for 3 titles...arguably. He didn't drive the bus in 01, 03 and 04 are very much up for discussion.

The only other single factor who was as big, or bigger with regards to winning rings was BB.

Without BB making a very difficult, often unpopular choice of sitting his 100mil Franchise QB (who had JUST SIGNED that deal!) for a kid who, at that time, had showed little more than the ability to limit turnovers, and throw short and fast.

It's kind of been lost in history, but BB made an extremely controversial decision, in season that provided a LOT of distractions to this team...for those of us who remember it well (I was 21 and remember every fking moment of that magical season) Brady/Bledsoe was a RAGING debate for the entire second half of the season, into the playoffs, and right up to the Super Bowl opening kickoff. Maybe it was his adept handling of that situation that got the players to buy in from that point on, without question. At any rate, that was an exceptional display of what good coaching, and managing, can do. That could have destroyed this team, and maybe nobody ever realizes how good they were. QB controversies have destroyed many teams.

Did Brady "arrive" in 2001? Or did Belichick "deliver" him?

I honestly don't think one would have had the success without the other. Nevermind Welker, or Amendola, or Branch when he left...do people remember Milloy in 2003? Brady and Milloy lived in neighboring condos in Quincy at the time. They were VERY BEST of friends. Brady was outspoked about how "P I S S E D" he was. Said some angry things about the team and BB. But, as usual, BB was proven right. Since then, Brady shares his opinions on people, but he does not go nearly as far as he did in 2003...because, I think, he knows BB will make the right choice. It's not always the popular choice. It's not always the choice that serves Brady, personally, the best. But it is what's best for the team. 

Don't take for granted for hard it is to make those 2 decisions above. Many coaches (Rex Ryan for example) don't stand up for what they believe in, and the team falls apart when things don't go exactly right because the coach doesn't have the spine to RUN HIS TEAM.

Belichick isn't perfect, not even close. I can't imagine what a perfect GM would be...Seattle's last 3 drafts +Elways past 2 offseasons with a sprinkling of Dmitroff's talent evaluation, and a healthy helping of Belichick's cold-hearted business attitude...I guess that would be pretty close.

Pioli/Dmitroff/Tannenbaum were a GMs DREAM TEAM! Tannenbaum is a salary cap master who was a little over his head in NY but will make a good GM soon, and Dmitroff and Pioli are the 2 best talent evaluators, to me, in the league right now. The Pats employed ALL of them in the early 2000s, and the benefits are unmistakeable. It's hard to replace that kind of talent, nevermind the lower level management, and coordinators they continually lost for about 5 straight seasons.

The job BB has done in constructing this TEAM, from the players, to coaches, to management...is really nothing short of exemplary. His coaching/management tree will dwarf all those before him by the time he's done. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

This thread is yet another captured by the "pillery of BB" cancer...it's become as bad as the horsetwaddle of "Babe versus Rusty" threads in all of their versions......

This is what happens when the draft is moved back by a month...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

All's I'll say in conclusion is Mo Lewis is the reason why we won 3 Super Bowls.  If he doesn't take out Bledsoe, Brady sits on the bench for 2 more years then moves on without us winning any Super Bowls.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Law missed half the season and the postseason in 2004.

Ted Johnson was a fine player, but borderline Hall of Famer?  Are you kidding me?  He wasn't even a full time starter by the time the Patriots were winning Super Bowls.

McGinest and Bruschi are great Patriots, but they are 2 players.  Belichick brought in the entire defensive line which might have beent he most dominant defensive line we've ever had (Seymour, Wilfork and Warren).  He brought in Vrabel, Phifer and Colvin at LB.  He brought in Harrison and Samuel in the secondary.  Those were all great players for us as well to say nothing of the rest of the roster.  Saying Belichick inherited the 2004 team is bs pure and simple whether you like it or not.

By the time the Pats were winning SBs, Johnson had logged 6+ seasons as an NFL middle linebacker when teams ran first, and the league celebrated concussion-inducing hits.

I'll never forget an SI article about Emmitt Smith some time in the late 90s...he called Ted Johnson one of the top 3 MLBs he'd ever played against. High praise from a guy who pkayed against Johnson...once? Twice? One play left an impression...3rd and 1, Pats v Cowboys...handoff to Emmitt, no shocker there...Johnson crashes towards the line, and instead of taking on the OLineman...goes OVER the guy, and hits Smith with a forearm shiver that would've given Vince McMahon a hard on, and staggered him back...where he then recovered, and scooted 5 yards for a first down. The best ALMOST play I've ever seen. The reckless abandon, and physical freakishness of that play from a guy with a 20 inch neck! 

Back to the point...I think calling him borderline is fair. He's certainly not HOF worthy, but for a brief stretch, he was an absolute animal and feared throughout football.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Wow, I still remember how mad Parcells was when we drafted T.Glenn over Tony Brackens.

Fans dont want Vince back at 7 million but want to pay a speedy smurf upwards of 10 million on a rental for playing when he feels like it? Doesnt go over the middle,?

Moss only got 9 million from us coming off a 23 TD season and he is a hall of famer. D.Jack may be out the league in the few years. he is a selfish nucklehead ala Terry Glenn. Havent we learned anything here?

Defense still wins the chip. Either pay Vince or use his money on a defender but Please no more troubled WRs like Ocho to come here and steal a check ...Wow

What happened to the collective intelligence of the N.E. fanbase? 

• Sections
    Shortcuts