1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re: New England Defense

In response to zbellino's comment:

In response to dreighver's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

21 points is decent against Buffalo. 

We need to see what Buffalo's "fast" offense turns into this season before we can judge this performance. 

That said ... when the game was on the line, they did stop them. That is a good thing. 

When the game was on the line ... everyone stepped up on both sides of the ball. 

Agreed on all fronts, ZB. It should be noted, however, that although Buffalo scored 21 points, 7 of those came on a fumble recovery for a TD. The defense only allowed 14 points.

I liked that all 3-phases executed with the game on the line. Felt a bit more like the early 2000s, as opposed to the more recent iterations of the Pats we're used to.

[/QUOTE]

Yeha, that's right!

You also need to weigh it against past performances, where Buffalo has traditionally matched up well against NE on offense. 

They did a solid job today all around!

That said, if Manuel ends up leading a defense that only socres 18 ppg by the end of the season it will take some luster off of it.

[/QUOTE]

I'm all with you here. No reason to crown them as the NFL's top defense, but there's plenty of reason for optimism after today.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

We need to see what Buffalo's "fast" offense turns into this season before we can judge this performance. 

That said ... when the game was on the line, they did stop them. That is a good thing. 

When the game was on the line ... everyone stepped up on both sides of the ball. 

Agreed on all fronts, ZB. It should be noted, however, that although Buffalo scored 21 points, 7 of those came on a fumble recovery for a TD. The defense only allowed 14 points.

I liked that all 3-phases executed with the game on the line. Felt a bit more like the early 2000s, as opposed to the more recent iterations of the Pats we're used to.

[/QUOTE]

Yeha, that's right!

You also need to weigh it against past performances, where Buffalo has traditionally matched up well against NE on offense. 

That said, if Manuel ends up leading a defense that only socres 18 ppg by the end of the season it will take some luster off of it.

[/QUOTE]

I'm all with you here. No reason to crown them as the NFL's top defense, but there's plenty of reason for optimism after today.

[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah. Arrington looked like he's taken another step. He did get burned outside on the TD ... but it's up to the coordinators to keep him away from those sspots where he isn't effective. 

He played amazing slot. 

Jones, who had zero sacks, was awesome defending the run. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeha, that's right!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's the NFL... most games aren't easy. They were not good getting pressure on the QB, they had some miscommunications in the secondary but when push came to shove they got off the field on the important 3rd downs. Not sure what the 3rd down % stop was but I will bet it was better than 40 % which is where they have been around the last few seasons.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

The rookie just put up a 105 on them in his first NFL start. I don't think they hand out awards for that kind of performance.

What are you talking about?

[/QUOTE]

A 105 passer rating.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeha, that's right!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's the NFL... most games aren't easy. They were not good getting pressure on the QB, they had some miscommunications in the secondary but when push came to shove they got off the field on the important 3rd downs. Not sure what the 3rd down % stop was but I will bet it was better than 40 % which is where they have been around the last few seasons.

[/QUOTE]

Very true. They've had some major problems with the post-CJ Spiller Bills too.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

The rookie just put up a 105 on them in his first NFL start. I don't think they hand out awards for that kind of performance.

A 105 passer rating.

You have to look at context and circumstance. All-in-all, New England's defense played well and got stops late in the game when they were most needed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Z, the defense gave up 14 points.  7 of the 21 points came on the fumble recovery that lead to a TD run.  Also, just to note, 7 of those 14 points given up came on a 30 yard field.  The D played well.  I would like to see some more pressure brought but they still played well.

3rd down defense was especially notable.  That's a fresh breath of air compared to last year's putrid 3rd down defense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamspuriousbabe. Show iamspuriousbabe's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

[QUOTE]

Z, the defense gave up 14 points.  7 of the 21 points came on the fumble recovery that lead to a TD run.  Also, just to note, 7 of those 14 points given up came on a 30 yard field.  The D played well.  I would like to see some more pressure brought but they still played well.

3rd down defense was especially notable.  That's a fresh breath of air compared to last year's putrid 3rd down defense.

[/QUOTE]

What was terrible was the safety play...McdCourty was late getting back on one TD and Gregory blew coverage on another...same old same old...otherwise the D was good...Arrington was GREAT...

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Isn't this the guy that started the "I'm leaving for a better place" thread just a few days ago?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamspuriousbabe. Show iamspuriousbabe's posts

In response to GusMooney's comment:

A 105 passer rating.

You have to look at context and circumstance. All-in-all, New England's defense played well and got stops late in the game when they were most needed.

You are talking to a lunatic. He wants Tebow here and eats fruit cup next to a Brady blow up doll nightly at the manor.

Keep this in mind when you realize who Babe really is:

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamspuriousbabe. Show iamspuriousbabe's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Isn't this the guy that started the "I'm leaving for a better place" thread just a few days ago?

Yeppers to that ^^TEARS^^

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Hmmmmm....I was actually hoping for a better performance against a rookie. Buffalo ran well, I saw the soft middle again, and can't pick anyone on D who had a good game. Jones was fiesty and Arrington too. 

I wanted more of a pass rush and was looking for Buchanon.

It's a win and a win is a win but it still feels cheesy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

[QUOTE]

I'm not.  The bills shot their own feet with penalties.  As much as I hate to say this, the bills should have won. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

Because our offense didnt leave a ton of points on the field? The Bills Defense had most of the teams penalties, not their offense. The Pats D had a good game.

[/QUOTE]

They had 0 sacks and 0 ints. crown us the #1 D then. they  gave up 136 yards rushing. The Bills had 10 penalties and some timely ones. If the Bills had half those penalties they would have got the ball back more.

I'm happy with the win but I feel if we had played a better team it could have been ugly. We won by 2, not 30, to the Bills with a rookie QB in his first start coming off injury.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Hmmmmm....I was actually hoping for a better performance against a rookie. Buffalo ran well, I saw the soft middle again, and can't pick anyone on D who had a good game. Jones was fiesty and Arrington too. 

This is the NFL. Are you watching any of these other games? It's week 1. It's a win. The defense allowed 286 net yards, 136 on the ground, 150 through the air. I didn't see soft anywhere.

I'm happy, Belichick is happy. I don't get why some fans are not happy?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

[QUOTE]Hmmmmm....I was actually hoping for a better performance against a rookie. Buffalo ran well, I saw the soft middle again, and can't pick anyone on D who had a good game. Jones was fiesty and Arrington too. 

This is the NFL. Are you watching any of these other games? It's week 1. It's a win. The defense allowed 286 net yards, 136 on the ground, 150 through the air. I didn't see soft anywhere.

I'm happy, Belichick is happy. I don't get why some fans are not happy?

[/QUOTE]

Because the pat's didn't score 40 + and TB didn't have 7 TD passes so the sky is falling.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to GusMooney's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm not.  The bills shot their own feet with penalties.  As much as I hate to say this, the bills should have won. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

Because our offense didnt leave a ton of points on the field? The Bills Defense had most of the teams penalties, not their offense. The Pats D had a good game.

[/QUOTE]

They had 0 sacks and 0 ints. crown us the #1 D then. they  gave up 136 yards rushing. The Bills had 10 penalties and some timely ones. If the Bills had half those penalties they would have got the ball back more.

I'm happy with the win but I feel if we had played a better team it could have been ugly. We won by 2, not 30, to the Bills with a rookie QB in his first start coming off injury.

[/QUOTE]

Did you watch this game?  Our offense turned it over numerous times and flipped momentum from a blow out.

[/QUOTE]

Did you watch the game? Did you see the penalties that kept drives going? If you think that was a stellar preformance from our D then wait till we play Atlanta or a good team. Not the Bills.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Because the pat's didn't score 40 + and TB didn't have 7 TD passes so the sky is falling.

Lol! Yes, the style points were severely lacking. They didn't win pretty did they.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

[QUOTE]Because the pat's didn't score 40 + and TB didn't have 7 TD passes so the sky is falling.

Lol! Yes, the style points were severely lacking. They didn't win pretty did they.

[/QUOTE]

Last time I checked the NFL doesn't give extra points for blowouts. If the Pat's are playing like this in week seven on then we have issues. Until then let's just see what the proggression looks like.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamspuriousbabe. Show iamspuriousbabe's posts

a W is a W is a W:

I'll take it...if you make the playoffs by 1 W, they won't ask you how close it was at the end of the first W.....

Sections
Shortcuts