New HS national receiving record set

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

New HS national receiving record set

From yahoo.com:

SOUTH BEND, Ind. - By the time South Bend (Ind.) Washington High School head coach Antwon Jones presented the game ball to Gehrig Dieter late Friday night, the record-breaking receiver barely had the energy to lift it.
    For the three hours prior, in a game delayed by temperatures in the mid-90s, Dieter had pieced together a career highlight reel with two Notre Dame assistant coaches watching from the end zone.

The numbers were beyond gaudy: a national record 447 yards receiving and three touchdowns.

He may have cost himself more if he didn't also add a 47-yard interception return for a score as part of Washington's 63-10 blowout of Elkhart Central.

"It was fun," Dieter said. "At the beginning of the game I didn't think I was going to get that many yards, but Coach Jones knows my ability to play, just threw it up a whole bunch of times. I came up with the national record.

"It feels good, but at the same time without the offensive line blocking, without the quarterback throwing, I wouldn't have the record."

For the season, Dieter has approximately 30 catches for 1,163 yards and 11 touchdowns.

Neither Dieter nor Jones apologized for hunting the national receiving record Friday night, which included Washington throwing a play action pass from its own 10-yard line early in the fourth quarter, which Dieter hauled in for a 90-yard touchdown to go with scores from 70 and 66 yards.

Washington continued to throw in the final minutes against the backdrop of a running clock, that following a bench clearing brawl that ended with the ejection of an Elkhart player and Notre Dame commit, David Perkins.

Dieter's final catch came against triple coverage, the receiver snaring a fade route along the Washington sideline.

That will go down as Dieter's favorite of the night.

"I think the record breaker because I was triple covered and I got hurt on it," Dieter said. "I think I false started but they didn't call it, I think they had two people pressing me, I got off that and threw it up. I just went up and got it. I think I landed wrong on my knee, I came up sore."

"I was just super happy, super excited. I told Jones, 'just throw it up and I'll go get it.' "

For all the national attention that's found Dieter the past three weeks, it's yet to materialize into BCS conference offers.

Seven programs from the Mid-American Conference have extended scholarships, as has SMU.

Even if local school Notre Dame doesn't jump into the picture, Dieter's profile appears primed for a change.

Both Oregon and Iowa have increased their interest in recent weeks, with Auburn a presence since a summer visit to the defending national champion.

Indiana, Purdue, California and Wisconsin are also involved, according to Dieter.

As for potential leaders, last year's BCS title game participants stand out.

"Really I think Auburn just because of (quarterback) Zeke Pike and coach (Trooper Taylor) and coach (Gus) Malzahn. I have a good relationship with them already," Dieter said. "Coach (Scott) Frost, we have a good relationship. He wants my kind of receiver. They need that kind of receiver.

"I'm still playing with a chip on my shoulder. I feel like I haven't got the respect I've earned."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: New HS national receiving record set

Madden numbers lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainbowroosie. Show rainbowroosie's posts

He's a punk; his coach is worse. Hope someone takes out his knee. This is BS to run it up on a helpless opponent.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics12345. Show Celtics12345's posts

How can you logistically call him a punk when you've never met nor conversed with him?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In Response to Re: New HS national receiving record set:
    [QUOTE]He's a punk; his coach is worse. Hope someone takes out his knee. This is BS to run it up on a helpless opponent.
    Posted by rainbowroosie[/QUOTE]

Why is he a punk?He played offense and defense in mid 90 degree heat while trying to impress recruiters that were at the game.Nothing wrong with giving an all out effort when you're in a situation that could affect your future.In fact,I'd give him a hearty "Well done".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]He's a punk; his coach is worse. Hope someone takes out his knee. This is BS to run it up on a helpless opponent.

he definitely shouldn't want to set new records, nor should he want to impress recruiters as much as possible in order to get the best possible scholarship offers from the best schools possible

he should definitely settle for the D2 and D3 schools who are said to be recruiting him instead of trying to get the attention of D1A and D1AA schools who can offer him a wider variety of majors to study at more prestigious schools

don't want to hurt anyone's feelings

(*)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

and you're fkn stoopid to wish injury on a high school kid

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

I would imagine he is a good kid , but why would the coach still have him  in the game in the fourth quarter against an inferior team? Also if he set the record I wonder how close the quarterback came to setting a record? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

he looks like a jerk

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]he looks like a jerk
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]

He kinda looks like Delonte West