New Idea(s) at RB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

New Idea(s) at RB

Chester Taylor

I forgot all about him when I started hyping Brian Westbrook, but with the Vikings already being so invested in Adrian Peterson I can't see them also devoting another $5-10 million in a franchise tag for Chester Taylor to continue being their #2.

He's a DUAL THREAT (running AND receiving) running back who can do it all (without having to substitute and broadcast what portion of the playbook you'll be using at any given time like the Pats had to do this year).

Sign Chester Taylor and sign Leon Washington (who would also bolster the kick return game that stunk so badly this year).  Washington might also be had more easily (for cheaper or without as many suitors) because of Darren Sproles and because the injury.

Between Taylor and Washington, the RB position would be set.

*idea added later: Tony Richardson at fullback (good blocker)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: New Idea(s) at RB

How about Justin Fargas. Is he available. Living out west I have to watch more Raider games then I would like and he's an underrated player. He still runs hard and Mcfadden has been unable to usurp his carries even though he was a top 5 pick. I think he averaged 5 yds per carry a couple of years ago. Al likes trading with the Patriots and he also has Michael Bush on the roster.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

We kind of missed Evans at FB this year, especially his blocking ability. This was kind of evident in the last game when our TEs, linemen,  and RBs (except for Faulk) missed their blocking assignments...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

I would like to see Taylor here.....

Washington and Sproles are both 4 year guys and would have been free agents if we had a CBA.  But because there is no CBA, they must remain with their current team for another year.   Trust me, I would like either of those 2 guys.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Taylor would be feature back.

Washington, Sproles, or Norwood would be change of pace and could also help in the return game.  Punt return won't have Welker next year and Kick return stunk all of this year anyway.

I don't think Justin Fargas is available and in my opinion he takes a backseat to the other guys I've mentioned here anyway, although I do agree with you that he's extremely underrated because he plays in the Black Hole (into which careers pass the event horizon never to be seen again)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Paulnpatsfan... sorry but Maroney is not a feature back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Washington and Sproles are not Free Agents.......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Looking at the RB crop in the draft I am thinking it is a good year to take one either with the 22 pick or the first pick in the second round 42/43 that we controll at this point.
    If the Patriots do what I suspect they will resign Faulk (he will retire a Patriot) who has a couple solid years left in him... he is still one of the best in the game at what he does and is an irreplaceable voice/leader in the lockerroom. They will keep Maroney around and let him playout the final year of his deal hoping to get something out of him as he performs for a new contract, they will also likely keep Fred Taylor for his leadership and ability to back up the starter. They will also draft a RB with one of the 4 picks they have in the first 54 picks in the draft.  Then the question is do they go after a guy like Chester Taylor or Fargas and I also agree the lack of a FB hurt this team more then I expected it would. 

OH and STAY AWAY FROM WESTBROOK! He is Toast! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Westbrook is retiring.  the guy cant handle it anymore.

as for the Patriots RB. Draft Dwyer from G Tech.  and stay with Maroney, Taylor, Faulk, and drop Morris. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

The Patriot back field needs and injection of youth and consistency, a  pure lead back.  Jonathan Dwyer is and obvious option but another back who doesn't get the same amount of press is Ryan Mathews from Fresno State.  He has good size (5-11 220) and speed (4.4) and has had a productive career with 3280 Yards and 39 TD's on 534 carries (1808 and 19 TD's this year).  He's a tough, slashing north/south runner who can make defenders miss while picking up a lot of yards after contact.  There's also the Pat Hill (HC at Fresno State)connection.

A couple of highlight video links below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4kGNjdFgpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF7rbevTpsM

A picture of Mathews below:

http://imgs.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2009/10/08/sp-Fresno_St_Cin_0500646732.jpg

Sections
Shortcuts