Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

New Mock 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Re: New Mock 2011

Just 2 QB's taken? I think not.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nbdev1234. Show nbdev1234's posts

Good point.  Maybe 2 is a stretch - but who's taking the other QB(s), and where?  The teams I have needing QBs:  AZ, MIN, CAR, SEA, SF.  And this is a bad QB class - I can't see teams taking QBs high when they have other big needs.

Maybe Newton and/or Mallet slide into Rd1, but I think between Mallet's Bowl performance and Vince Young - Cam Newton comparisons, those 2 slide out.

If there are trades, maybe there could be 3 QBs.  But not now.  CAR isn't taking a QB at #1, and IMO AZ won't justify taking Gabbert or Locker at #5.

The QB picks then all hinge with the #7 pick and SF, and my bet is the rumors of McNabb are true and more sensible with new coach and GM, then they take inventory and grab a QB in RD2/3 that they could develop under McNabb.

If they take Gabbert there at 7, maybe Locker slides up to MINN and then Newton/Mallet are there for SEA at #21 or wherever they pick.

Of course if there are trades, it's all moot...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Due, there already one on the forum:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3a93910d8f-7553-4cc9-965c-627c4f188fa1

Sections
Shortcuts