new mock!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

new mock!

I think we should trade our 1st rounder down once again due to the depth in this draft and the lack of a 3rd round pick. We trade our 1st for a 2nd and a 3rd. In the FA I think we need to resign Wilfork, Bodden, Mankins, Watson, and Gostowski. In the FA we should go after Westbrook, Sproles, Jason Taylor, Osgood, Antonio Bryant, TO, and Julius Peppers (we will not get all of these guys but if we can get 2-3 that would be great).

Round 1 (traded)

Round 2 (receive one in a trade on draft day)

Jared Odrick DT (Penn State)

Jerry Hughes OLB (TCU)

Aaron Hernandez TE (Florida) or Kyle Wilson - CB (Boise State) or Donovan Warren CB (Michigan)

Jonathan Dwyer RB (Georgia Tech) or Toby Gerhart RB (Stanford) or Jahvid Best, RB (California)

Round 3 (receive in trade)

Jared Veldheer OT (Hillsdale) Height: 6-8   Weight: 315 (Right tackle of the future)

Round 4

Sam Young, OT (Notre Dame) Height: 6-8   Weight: 316 (was in Weis’s offense, Right OG of the future)

Round 5

Torrel Troup NT (Central Florida)

Round 6

Perry Riley OLB (LSU) or Rashawn Jackson FB (Virginia)

Round 7

Zoltan Mesko P (Michigan) or Jeremy Boone P (Penn State)

Richard Dickson TE/FB (LSU)

Potential undrafted FA

Trindon Holiday WR/KR LSU 5-5, 162, 4.27 small but extremely fast with good hands.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mlmka. Show mlmka's posts

Re: new mock!

Per the Draft value chart the 22 pick in the draft is equal to 2 second round picks. Kansas City and Tampa are the only teams with 2 second round picks.Tampa has the 3rd pick and Kansas City has the 4th in the second round. 5 second rounders?I would do it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to new mock!:
    I think we should trade our 1 st rounder down once again due to the depth in this draft and the lack of a 3 rd round pick. We trade our 1 st for a 2 nd and a 3 rd .
    Posted by natesubs

I hope not, we need a first rounder this year, unless someone gives better than a third rounder

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

we need 1st and foremost 1 and preferrably two pass rushers and then a good and fast running back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

did you even read my mock, i picked Huges in the 2nd (pass rusher), and Dwyer/gerhart/best as our good/fast RB. In the FA i posted that we would pick up Jason Taylor and resign Tully banta Cain.  Plus i feel that there is a need for OL so that explains the picks of Veldeer and Young. I also chose Odrick to help our D-line which suffered from the loss of seymore. I want to resign bodden and take Wilson/warren in the draft to address the CB position.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Though I agree we could trade the 1st with the amount of talent out there trading for a 2nd and 3rd seems a bit low unless that 3rd is very early.

Now don't chew my head off since I disagree with some of your picks but here's what I was thinking

trade:

#22, #193, and AD to Tampa for #35 and #44 (this does a couple things, gets us a couple picks to play with in the 2nd without moving back much and returns the money that would have been spent on AD to sign a couple of our guys back 'Bodden/Mankins' or go out and grab one of the WR's on the market) 
    #44/#47 and #233/#235 for a 4th and future 1st (Typical BB move moving up in next years draft while also getting a mid pick this year) 

picks:

#35 Brandon Graham DE/OLB (if not available then Jerry Hughes)
    #42 Maurkice Pouncey C/G (Might be a reach at this pick but he could protect Brady's center for years or swing out to G with his flexability)
    #44/#47 Ricky Sapp DE/OLB
    #53 Mike Neal DT/DE (Neal is one of those guys who can go from DE to DT which BB loves the versitility)
    4th Jared Veldheer OT (I have a feeling KC is going to take Young early and Veldheer being in a D2 school falls to the 4th easy choice)
    4th Joique Bell RB (with the extra 4th he's worth taking a chance on. Other then Spiller there is no clear #2 back in the draft so taking a low risk high reward shot on the kid might be worth it. If worse comes to worse 1 more year of Maroney won't kill us with Oaks pick next year almost sure to be a top 10)
    #233/#235 Zoltan Mesko P (I just love his name)

TE I don't see one being taken early this year since the 2 best out there have both come off major surgery and the next couple after them have had either academic, or off-field issues, or just doesn't know how to block.

CB is a possibility in the second

QB/S I just don't see happening.

WR has a good amount of talent but a chance to plug the holes in the lb core and add a couple of large bodies to the line is just too tempting.

RB as I said other then Spiller there is no real stand out back this year. With Oak's pick next year a big blue chip back is worth the risk of not getting one this year and plugging bigger needs in a bleeding D.

OL/DL/LB It just seems like such a deep line and rush draft to build depth on our lines and finally take care of our pass rushing need.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Like I've said on numerous occasions BB likes to move around on draft day! He might acquire some additional picks before the draft,this is a deep draft the more choices you have the more holes you fill,with this said you can bet your last dollar BB is looking to add draft choices..As far as the positional strength of this draft are as follows:QB's 10,RB's 15,WR's 20,TE's 15, OT's 15, Guards 10,C's 5-10.Defense:S's 10,DB's 12-15,ILB's 8-10,OLB's 10-15,DE's 10,DT's 5-10,P/K's 7. All in all about 170 top tier prospects in this draft. It should be interesting as to which way BB goes with his board,the primary needs aren't as glaring as everyone who writes on these boards seems to think,and with that said if BB keeps his 1rst round pick he could use it on anyone of several positions! Lets say that a Brian Buluga or a Trent Williams falls from the o-line class he'ld be all over either of them, OLB any one of about 7 players would be really nice fits for the Patriots! So in trying to predict the direction of BB's board a lot of things come into play,ranging from what other teams draft ahead of the Patriots to what kind of compensation any team would surrender to the Patriots in exchange for the #22 pick in the draft the real surprise would be if BB moved up in the draft to say #12 then everyone in the league would have some serious concerns,because this would mean the player he wants the most is available and that can only mean good things for Patriot fans everywhere's!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

PatsEng I LOVE your enthusiasm! Good post and very detailed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i only have 2 on there because i want Rashawn Jackson FB (Virginia) in the 6th but if he is not there i would take Richard Dickson TE/FB (LSU) in the 7th.  i feel that FB is a position of need look at our run game with heath evens and then without him, there is a significant drop off.
    I never claimed that veldeer would be an "under the radar" player i just think he possesses all the physical skills of vollmerand with the correct coaching he could be an amazing right guard. That is one of the reasons i have taking him in the 3rd rather than the round 4-5 where he is projected by some sites.

PS /> Gulo when was the last time you posted something with actual content, rather than just insulting other people? stupid noob

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

my priority in this draft was: DE/DT, OLB, OL, CB, RB, TE, FB, P hence the order of the players I selected. The order of priority will vary from person to person, these are just the areas that i feel need the most work, or where we can get the most value, in order to get us to another super bowl.

In Response to Re: new mock!:
    Though I agree we could trade the 1st with the amount of talent out there trading for a 2nd and 3rd seems a bit low unless that 3rd is very early. Now don't chew my head off since I disagree with some of your picks but here's what I was thinking (not trying to do that just stating the reasons for not picking some of the guys you did, most of which i took a serious look at and just made different positions higher/lower priority.) trade: #22, #193, and AD to Tampa for #35 and #44 (this does a couple things, gets us a couple picks to play with in the 2nd without moving back much and returns the money that would have been spent on AD to sign a couple of our guys back 'Bodden/Mankins' or go out and grab one of the WR's on the market)  #44/#47 and #233/#235 for a 4th and future 1st (Typical BB move moving up in next years draft while also getting a mid pick this year)  This trade sounds very reasonable the only reason i only suggested the 2nd and a 3rd was because i was expecting to trade with a team such as Tampa Bay whose picks would be very close to the beginning of the round, so the 2nd would essentially be a 1st and the 3rd would essentially be a 2nd. picks: #35 Brandon Graham DE/OLB (if not available then Jerry Hughes) both of these guys were on my radar, i just feel that hughes was the better pick and the likelyhood of being available at this position. #42 Maurkice Pouncey C/G great player whom i really wanted but could not fit into my mock sadly (Might be a reach at this pick but he could protect Brady's center for years or swing out to G with his flexability) #44/#47 Ricky Sapp DE/OLB #53 Mike Neal DT/DE (Neal is one of those guys who can go from DE to DT which BB loves the versitility) I love the versatility of this guy he would be a great pickup, i just put higher priority into DE?DT which is why i chose Odrick in the 2nd but this guy would work.  4th Jared Veldheer OT (I have a feeling KC is going to take Young early and Veldheer being in a D2 school falls to the 4th easy choice) yes young will probably be gone by KC due to weis's reccomendation to take him, but you can't blame me for hoping. 4th Joique Bell RB (with the extra 4th he's worth taking a chance on. Other then Spiller there is no clear #2 back in the draft so taking a low risk high reward shot on the kid might be worth it. Bell would be an interesting player to take a chance on. I agree that this RB class isn't particularly strong, but i wouldn't mind getting Dwyer or gerhart. Maybe next year we can use oaklands pick to get Ingram?  If worse comes to worse 1 more year of Maroney won't kill us with Oaks pick next year almost sure to be a top 10) #233/#235 Zoltan Mesko P (I just love his name) TE I don't see one being taken early this year since the 2 best out there have both come off major surgery and the next couple after them have had either academic, or off-field issues, or just doesn't know how to block. Yes this is an issue but we also have to get a new TE due to the loss of Watson.  CB is a possibility in the second QB/S I just don't see happening. With the lack of depth at the CB position in this years draft i feel tha we will have to draft one earlier than he is worth due to the  fact that bodden might not be resigned, and the busts of the 2 W's. WR has a good amount of talent but a chance to plug the holes in the lb core and add a couple of large bodies to the line is just too tempting. I completely agree I think our WR core is pretty good, if we can just add a Pass catching TE and improve the line sufficiently so he doesn't have to always stay back and help block. RB as I said other then Spiller there is no real stand out back this year. With Oak's pick next year a big blue chip back is worth the risk of not getting one this year and plugging bigger needs in a bleeding D. OL/DL/LB It just seems like such a deep line and rush draft to build depth on our lines and finally take care of our pass rushing need.
    Posted by PatsEng

Thank you for actually posting a mock rather than just insulting me like some borderline trolls, not mentioning any names. Most of the players you chose i had seriously considered and i wouldn't be too upset if either of our mocks came to fruition.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to new mock!:
    I think we should trade our 1 st rounder down once again due to the depth in this draft and the lack of a 3 rd round pick. We trade our 1 st for a 2 nd and a 3 rd . In the FA I think we need to resign Wilfork, Bodden, Mankins, Watson, and Gostowski. In the FA we should go after Westbrook, Sproles, Jason Taylor, Osgood, Antonio Bryant, TO, and Julius Peppers (we will not get all of these guys but if we can get 2-3 that would be great). Round 1 (traded) Round 2 (receive one in a trade on draft day) Jared Odrick DT (Penn State) Jerry Hughes OLB (TCU) Aaron Hernandez TE (Florida) or Kyle Wilson - CB (Boise State) or Donovan Warren CB (Michigan) Jonathan Dwyer RB (Georgia Tech) or Toby Gerhart RB (Stanford) or Jahvid Best , RB (California) Round 3 (receive in trade) Jared Veldheer OT (Hillsdale) Height: 6-8     Weight: 315 (Right tackle of the future) Round 4 Sam Young, OT (Notre Dame) Height: 6-8     Weight: 316 (was in Weis’s offense, Right OG of the future) Round 5 Torrel Troup NT (Central Florida) Round 6 Perry Riley OLB (LSU) or Rashawn Jackson FB (Virginia) Round 7 Zoltan Mesko P (Michigan) or Jeremy Boone P (Penn State) Richard Dickson TE/FB (LSU) Potential undrafted FA Trindon Holiday WR/KR LSU 5-5, 162, 4.27 small but extremely fast with good hands.
    Posted by natesubs

I like the idea and your picks, for the most part. I do think we could get 2 seconds rounders in the 45-55 range for our #1 though. 

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

I want no part of peppers. Not only due to age and price but his reputation of only playing when he feels like it. He's been know to take games off, not plays. I'd rather invest that money in FA for proven players with the right attitude.

I'd love to see Jonathan Dwyer in the second, but I'd be looking for need there, too and I see WR as  a bigger need than DT. I'd look for a WR slipping down to #44 someone like Dezmon Briscoe, Arrelious Benn or Golden tate. There's always guys who are projected as first rounders who fall into the second.

I like your 2 OTs but if there was CB quality available at either of those spots, I'd grab one and look for a big body project in later rounds. 2 OLBs and TEs sound right to me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

I might want to look into trading a first for some picks in the uncapped, next year. It could be worth alot more if were paying for what rookies players are worth. Instead of the present system of paying someone who's never played a NFL games more than a proven veteran.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to new mock! : I hope not, we need a first rounder this year, unless someone gives better than a third rounder
    Posted by kansaspatriot

here's what benefits NE, there are about 20 players with a 20 to 32 rating so just because you dont pick at 22 doesnt mean you are not getting equal value at 34 or 35

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i love the tremendous amount of censoring that natesucks, i mean natesubs does. . . it really reveals a lot about his character and his vast insecurities about his homosexuallity
    Posted by Gulo

what is wrong with you? why do you feel the need to personally attack me? is it because i am using words too big for your little mind? or because your boyfriend isn't giving it to you?

Sections
Shortcuts