New Offensive Coordinator

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonFan95. Show BostonFan95's posts

New Offensive Coordinator

To Me It Will Be Between 

Running Backs Coach (21 NFL Coaching Seasons) Ivan Fears (57) who was the Quarterback Coach at William & Mary and Syracuse

OR 

Receivers Coach (9 NFL Coaching Seasons) Chad O'Shea (39) who played Quarterback at Marshall and Houston

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: New Offensive Coordinator

Reports are Patriots have already asked for permission to speak to Josh McDaniels..along with the Chiefs. via Twitter Greg Bedard.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Welcome back Josh McDaniels! I for one think he's better than OBrien.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In Response to Re: New Offensive Coordinator:
    [QUOTE]Welcome back Josh McDaniels! I for one think he's better than OBrien.
    Posted by jimmytantric[/QUOTE]
    Although I agree with this, I do not see it happening. It's like saying, oh hey welcome back since you failed at your bigger endeavours. I would like to see someone who knows how to use this running game. Also, maybe this is off OB's brain and he can finally create a game plan were we actually score points before 5 minutes into the 2nd quarter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Offensive Coordinator : Although I agree with this, I do not see it happening. It's like saying, oh hey welcome back since you failed at your bigger endeavours. I would like to see someone who knows how to use this running game. Also, maybe this is off OB's brain and he can finally create a game plan were we actually score points before 5 minutes into the 2nd quarter.
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]

I can see this happening because of his failures truthfully.

He failed at Den and StL which means he needs to be successful. Going to KC is no guaranty that he will succeed there but coming back to NE with BB and Brady almost guaranties that he will have success. That's the best way to rebuild his image right now is to go back to a winning team (ala BB after the Browns). If the Pats win a SB while McDaniels is OC I'll guaranty he'll get a job within a couple years, or Kraft will convince him to stay as being heir apparent to BB

As for the running game, looking at McDaniels years here what RB has he had, Maroney? With a stable of Ridley, BJGE, Woodhead, and Vereen I'd be interested to see how he could use them.

The other side benefit to bringing back McDaniels is an outside the numbers WR in Llyod. Llyod already wants to follow McDaniels and what better place to go then to a SB contender with Brady at QB? Llyod might be willing to take below market value (slightly below don't go crazy like half or even 3/4 market value) to stay with McDaniels and go to a SB contender where he'd be the #1/2 WR threat where he won't be dbl'd because of Welker, Gronk, and Hernandez.

This could get very interesting

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Agree with PE.  And who can say if the next HC hired by St. Lou even wants McD?  He may want his own guy.  On that basis alone I think McD can say that the uncertainty  in St L is enough for him to take a better job. 

McD needs to reestablish himself with a team that he knows well if he wants to be a HC again some day, assuming that opportunity ever arises. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Agree with PE.  And who can say if the next HC hired by St. Lou even wants McD?  He may want his own guy.  On that basis alone I think McD can say that the uncertainty  in St L is enough for him to take a better job.  McD needs to reestablish himself with a team that he knows well if he wants to be a HC again some day, assuming that opportunity ever arises. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

Rumor is Fisher is going to be the next HC of StL. If true then he's not keeping McDaniels, he's bringing in his own guy

I think you are right about reestablishing himself. If he goes to another team and fails then he'll be labeled as a permanent OC that can't get it done without BB. If he comes back and they are successful then the league has a short memory and he gets another shot at a HC job

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Hey Rusty, now's your chance . . . 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I think it's a very strong possibility that Josh McDaniels comes back to New England.  He knows the system and like PatsEng said, maybe he can bring Brandon Lloyd with him.  McDaniels didn't burn any bridges so there would be no reason Belichick wouldn't take him back.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

Does McDaniels go to KC or return to NE? 

If KC offers him the Assistant HC position and HC in waiting position then I think he opts for the Chiefs.  Otherwise he returns to the Pats. 

I'll eat crow. I declared no coord's would ever return to the Pats, the request to talk with McDaniels proves me wrong. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Does McDaniels go to KC or return to NE?  If KC offers him the Assistant HC position and HC in waiting position then I think he opts for the Chiefs.  Otherwise he returns to the Pats.  I'll eat crow. I declared no coord's would ever return to the Pats, the request to talk with McDaniels proves me wrong. 
    Posted by gandalf433[/QUOTE]

Well Gandalf I don't think you need to eat crow. McDaniels is an exception not the rule imo.

I think they were grooming McDaniels to take over for BB when he would retire. My guess is that BB decided to stick around longer then first thought after suffering the 07' heart break. It became a goal of BB's to create redemption. An opportunity came to McDaniels and BB gave his blessing, with McDaniels leaving on good terms. With McDaniels failing on his own, (imo) BB sees the same thing he went through in Clev, BB would welcome McDaniels back with open arms. It might even be the case where BB sees that he can get his future successor back cementing his legacy if McDaniels becomes a successful HC in NE after his rule.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Offensive Coordinator : Well Gandalf I don't think you need to eat crow. McDaniels is an exception not the rule imo. I think they were grooming McDaniels to take over for BB when he would retire. My guess is that BB decided to stick around longer then first thought after suffering the 07' heart break. It became a goal of BB's to create redemption. An opportunity came to McDaniels and BB gave his blessing, with McDaniels leaving on good terms. With McDaniels failing on his own, (imo) BB sees the same thing he went through in Clev, BB would welcome McDaniels back with open arms. It might even be the case where BB sees that he can get his future successor back cementing his legacy if McDaniels becomes a successful HC in NE after his rule.
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Thanks for not throwing me under the bus.  

Your post makes sense....if and I think that's a big if..... BB has his sights on retirement in the next few years. I think BB wants to go down as the greatest coach in the history of the game. He will be considered the greatest if: He wins five SB's as a HC, and he wins a SB or takes a team deep into the playoffs without TB12.  

Can McDaniels wait that long? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

This should be a no-brainer.....
    Hope they get it done....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Offensive Coordinator : Thanks for not throwing me under the bus.   Your post makes sense....if and I think that's a big if..... BB has his sights on retirement in the next few years. I think BB wants to go down as the greatest coach in the history of the game. He will be considered the greatest if: He wins five SB's as a HC, and he wins a SB or takes a team deep into the playoffs without TB12.   Can McDaniels wait that long? 
    Posted by gandalf433[/QUOTE]

Well McDaniels as a HC has already been run through the mud so it would take at least 2-3 years to rebuild the image of him as a HC anyways. On a team like KC there is a shot he would move up faster due to the higher turnover rate of HC's there, however, NE would rebuild his image stronger giving a better chance at a longer term successful program. My guess would be BB has another 3-5 years left before he decides to retire. If it would take 3 years for McDaniels to get back to the HC level anyways it might come down to if he'd rather become a HC sooner at another Den type of team (because he won't have a shot at a playoff ready team) or to spend the extra time in NE and with a chance to take over a first class organization. IMO going back to NE is his best choice for his career long term, but going to a team like KC might get him to a HC position faster

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

So when the offense is exactly the same under the new guy as it was under O'Brien and McDaniels, will people finally stop b*tching about the play calling?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

[QUOTE]So when the offense is exactly the same under the new guy as it was under O'Brien and McDaniels, will people finally stop b*tching about the play calling?
    Posted by mighty2012[/QUOTE]

Charlie Weiss >> Mini Me (Josh McDaniels) >>
    Josh McDaniels >> Mini Me (Bill O'Brien) >>
    Bill O'Brien >> Mini Me (????)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I don't want to Pisss on everyone's parade but shouldn't we be more worried about a defensive coordinator?

I like Josh and think he'd be a great addition and better than OB but let's face it, my daughter who's an art school major could probably run this offense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Rusty will never accept Josh McDaniels as OC and therefore it CANNOT happen.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

It would be perfect for McDaniels to come back, makes so much sense.  He knows the system & could bring Brandon Lloyd with him - that potentially solves one problem at WR.  All hypotheticals right now, but I wonder if McDaniels DID come and B. Lloyd did stick to his wish to stay with Josh whether that would have any kind of impact on the Welker negotiations?

Hard to get inside Bills head, but you also wonder if he is just waiting to get one more ring and then call it a day as a head coach.  Others on the board have mentioned that there's always that chance that McDaniels comes back and is groomed to take over in 2-3 years if Bill wants to retire.  ALLLLLL conjecture right now, but that's why it's fun.  Although the thought of Bill retiring isn't really fun.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

Brian Daboll is another name to throw out there.  There will be a new coach in Miami so he may not go back to the Dolphins. He was the Patriots receiving coach and has OC experience with the Browns and Dolphins.  Although not successful he could be a possibility.  A fresh start in a familiar place could be beneficial.  Just throwing that possibility out there.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I read a rumor that the Pats are seeking permission from the Colts to speak with Peyton Manning for the OC job.

OK, I admit that I read it it after I typed it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]I don't want to Pisss on everyone's parade but shouldn't we be more worried about a defensive coordinator? I like Josh and think he'd be a great addition and better than OB but let's face it, my daughter who's an art school major could probably run this offense.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Good point!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I think the way McD left the Patriots and Belichick, which was on fantastic terms, will be the difference maker.  I don't think the Chiefs could give him a Jason Garrett type promise and cut the legs out from whomever they decided to either promote or hire as head coach.  I don't think McD would want to do that to RAC either...

Maybe we'll all be surprised and see him return.  I liked him as OC and think his lessons learned will be beneficial to him.  Also...if he brings Brandon Lloyd with him...all the better.  We need a big, sturdy, stud receiver too.  It's really a win win.  I just hope the Pats don't cheap out and offer him minimum wage.

PatsFan will have to eat more crow than Gandalf on that one if it comes true! :)  I'll be as shocked as anyone else too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I would not mind seeing him come back and would love to see Lloyd replace Ocho.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I WANT Josh back, improvement over OB, better then anyone BB could promote from inside and knows the players/HC etc.

If he comes back, I will be thrilled.

IMO, given our current personel, I would love to see what Josh would be able to do to this offense.

Sections
Shortcuts