New Orleans 2012 1st Rounder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

New Orleans 2012 1st Rounder

Does anyone want to guess where this pick will end up?  The Saints play in a tough division with Atlanta and Tampa Bay.  Carolina can't be as bad as they were last year and will have alot to prove.  

Although they do have some easy games (Rams, Lions, Titans, Texans, and Vikings) they will also open the season playing the defending SB Champs in Lambeau and will face the Colts and Bears.

Will the Saints be a playoff team?  I think it looks like they are on the fence to me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

Re: New Orleans 2012 1st Rounder

First off the lions are not that easy, i think it will be somewhere around 23-26

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Saints will be deep in the playoffs. Realistically it will be between 28-32.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

No idea.  Their passing game is still good (10th last year), but their pass defense really slipped (15th last year).  You need to be able to pass the ball and defend the pass to win in the NFL.  It could be anywhere next year.

What I do know is that instead of a running back, we got a 1st round pick + a running back.  That's highway robbery.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

It's 31.  We're drafting 32 that year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

In Response to Re: New Orleans 2012 1st Rounder:
    First off the lions are not that easy, i think it will be somewhere around 23-26
    Posted by vegasredsox

Compared to the rest of their schedule, Lions are one of the easier games.  

The Panthers are projected to have the 14th hardest schedule.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i think we already traded that pick for picks in 2013

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

No idea.  Their passing game is still good (10th last year), but their pass defense really slipped (15th last year).  You need to be able to pass the ball and defend the pass to win in the NFL.  It could be anywhere next year. What I do know is that instead of a running back, we got a 1st round pick + a running back.  That's highway robbery.
    Posted by USMCM1A1

wait to win in the nfl you need to be able to defend the pass... like how the pats struggled at that last year and did nothing to address it thus far???  thanks for proving our point exactly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

The Pats overall had a good defense last year (4th best), but were hurt by being mediocre in pass defense (13th).  If we want to move up from good to dominant we need to improve in pass defense.  Gonna make a wild guess here that BB knows that too, and between the players we draft, have on the roster that are developing, and may get if we have free agency, the organization will try and get better.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

L  @Green Bay
    L  Chicago
    W Houston
    W @Jacksonville
    L  @Carolina
    L  @Tampa Bay
    L  Indianapolis
    W @St. Louis
    L  Tampa Bay
    L  @Atlanta
    W NY Giants
    L Detroit
    W @Tennessee
    W @Minnesota
    L  Atlanta
    W Carolina

Here's my prediction for the Saints.  They start the season 0-2 but quickly get back to .500.  They get swept by both the Bucs and Falcons and split with Carolina.  They beat the Giants after their Bye, but then lose to Detroit after a short week.  They finish the season strong winning 3 out of their final 4 but end up with a 7-9 record, just short of the playoffs and handing over the 15th overall selection in the 2012 NFL Draft to the Patriots.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Saints have the 14th hardest schedule

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

Saints have the 14th hardest schedule
    Posted by Rocky

Yup.  They sure do.

They had some real lemons last year.  And only played 5 teams who made the playoffs(Seattle being one).  In comparison, I think the Pats played each playoff team twice.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

Does anyone else think this could be a Top 16 pick?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

surIn Response to Re: New Orleans 2012 1st Rounder:
    Does anyone else think this could be a Top 16 pick?
    Posted by Army2LT
    sure..I'll go for #14...so we draft 14th,32nd, and 36th(Oakland).....the rich get richer.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

or maybe, the Pats draft at 4,14,32,36,and 64 next year...with another 2nd in 2013....(Mallett traded to Arizona pre draft for a 2012 #1 and 2013 #2...)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The Saints are a good team that improved in 2 ares of need for them. I'm thinking they make it at least past the wild card round so I'm thinking between 25-32

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

who cares?

to all the people who complained about not getting a passrusher, our D was 2nd in the NFL in sacks in the last 8 games of the season last year.  awesome draft

IN BB WE TRUST

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

What's the point in speculating. BB will parlay that pick for a first in 2013 and that for a 1st in 2014 and keep going on. BB tastes blood with two first rounders this year and he is going to keep having two till the day the sweet kiss of retirement hits him!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from angel3781. Show angel3781's posts

The Saints are a good team that improved in 2 ares of need for them. I'm thinking they make it at least past the wild card round so I'm thinking between 25-32
    Posted by PatsEng

I think the Saints will just miss the playoffs because of tie breakers as I'm seeing a lot more parity in the NFC.  If you recall, the Saints needed help this past season as a wild card team.  I think their record may be either 10-6 or 11-5, but the'll probably still end up on the outside looking in.  Therefore I'll predict that their 1st rounder is the 22nd pick. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

anyone who believes the Saints wont finish near the 28-32 range is fooling themselves....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZachRudy. Show ZachRudy's posts

The Saints have a couple free agents on their O-line but didn't address the line with a single pick.  Wonder if they are planning on resign those guys.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

It all depends on their defense, I think at absolute best we can bet on 18-20, but of course we all thought the Raiders pick would be a top 10....just goes to show...you never know. One Drew Brees injury changes the picture real quick.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

anyone who believes the Saints wont finish near the 28-32 range is fooling themselves....
    Posted by dmcpatsfan

Absoloutley.  I hate to say it, but 2 years ago these guys made a run at perfection.  The following year they became one dimensional after their RB's starting getting hurt.  This year they have the potential to be running Reggie bush, Pierre THomas, and Mark Ingram.  Then you still have Drew brees and the 3-4 very dangerous WR's that team has.  25-32 is my guess.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

24 at best, 32 at worst. Either way, its a first round pick.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Lower the 28th pick which they gave up to swap.

Sections
Shortcuts